Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
yes. that doesn't mean anything. if he gets sent down he makes Yves same amount of cash. I realize Wang is el cheapo but I believe he has paid certain players on one way deals to play down In bridgeport before. in fact I think Finley was one last year. could be wrong.

skille was a decent ahl signing too. pretty clear snow is going to have yo Make a trade to improve the big club, free agents don't want to sign to play here, who can blame them. I think we are all scared to death of what that trade might be, but that's the only chance to try and make the playoffs (and fire capuano but that isn't happening)

:handclap: ITM I have seen you clear this up at least three times. I don't know why everyone thinks a one-way deal means you can't get sent down, but I appreciate that you keep setting everyone straight.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I think the Tigers line-up will be very interesting this season with a nice blend of youth and some pretty experienced guys thrown in too. They could probably use some vet on defense but apart from that they look pretty solid.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I want Brett Gallant re-signed before someone else gets him and he destroys one of our players in a fight. We need his muscle. Add Justin Johnson also while at it. :punk:

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I want Brett Gallant re-signed before someone else gets him and he destroys one of our players in a fight. We need his muscle. Add Justin Johnson also while at it. :punk:

We QO'd him. We have to find out if he signed it. Either way his rights are is still the Islanders property. I can do without Johnson though. Bridgeport will have Gallant, Halmo, Skille

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
We QO'd him. We have to find out if he signed it. Either way his rights are is still the Islanders property. I can do without Johnson though. Bridgeport will have Gallant, Halmo, Skille

Don't mind call ups for Gallant either if the situation requires it.
Last year was a sample of making a statement our small and skill guys better not be messed with or dire consequences will be applied.
That was one big, tough dude he smacked down.

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
Does anyone think that Kirill Kabonov plays in Bridgeport this year? Or are the islanders finally done with him after all these ahl and nhl signings?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Guy is cooked. So skilled, toxic player lol

Yup. Kabanov is to hockey as Anna Kournikova was to tennis...Both had potential, but at the end end of the day they're more a name than anything. I never understood the u dying love for Kabanov. I never saw the kind of heart/effort that the average NHL player gives, and even more so...I never saw consistent on-ice production warranting anyone considering him a valuable asset.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Yup. Kabanov is to hockey as Anna Kournikova was to tennis...Both had potential, but at the end end of the day they're more a name than anything. I never understood the u dying love for Kabanov. I never saw the kind of heart/effort that the average NHL player gives, and even more so...I never saw consistent on-ice production warranting anyone considering him a valuable asset.

Gulag

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I need someones insight on how right I may be with this list:

Forwards:
Collberg
Cruz-Rydberg
Gallant - why even bring him back?
Halmo
Mouillierat
Persson
Quine
Skille
Sundstrom
Sutter
McDonald/Boulton - demoted to free up spots for the 14 other forwards

Defenseman:
Donovan, Ness and Carkner - 1 to 3 from this list will appear based on trades
Reinhart
Pulock
Pokka
Pelech
Mayfield
Leduc/Pedan - start in the ECHL but called up during the season

Goalies:
Leggio
Reiter

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site

Forwards:
Collberg
Cruz-Rydberg
Halmo
Mouillierat
Persson
Quine
Skille
Sundstrom
Sutter

Defenseman:
Reinhart
Pulock
Pokka
Pelech
Mayfield

Goalies:
Leggio
Reiter

With Halak and Johnson being signed, and Poulin being qualified, it seems likely that Poulin will be back to being Bridgeport's #1, no?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Forwards:
Collberg
Cruz-Rydberg
Halmo
Mouillierat
Persson
Quine
Skille
Sundstrom
Sutter

Defenseman:
Reinhart
Pulock
Pokka
Pelech
Mayfield

Goalies:
Leggio
Reiter

I could be wrong but I don't think Cruz-Rydberg has an ELC and hes still junior eligible.. Collberg will likely miss some time as he recently got shoulder surgery...

And to answer your question about Gallant, Because the kid is a warrior and he throws bombs!!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
VCR is still in Juniors.

Also, like said above, Gallant throws bombs. We'll need him to watch after our rookie-laden defense.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
With Halak and Johnson being signed, and Poulin being qualified, it seems likely that Poulin will be back to being Bridgeport's #1, no?

I forgot Poulin was qualified. Guy was downright awful last year. They should have let him walk.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I could be wrong but I don't think Cruz-Rydberg has an ELC and hes still junior eligible.. Collberg will likely miss some time as he recently got shoulder surgery...

And to answer your question about Gallant, Because the kid is a warrior and he throws bombs!!

I just went off the Isles website based on eligibility. Pulock could always go back to juniors as well but I doubt it will happen. As for Gallant, keep him in the port and don't even bring him up and his signing will be worthwhile. Guy was downright awful last year outside of being able to toss the mitts.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Rienhart will be on Long Island. Pokka I think will still be in Finland. Boulton will most likely be the 13th forward. I dont think Rieter got QO'd. I think Czuczman is better than Donovon but will be in Bridgeport to start the season.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Rienhart will be on Long Island. Pokka I think will still be in Finland. Boulton will most likely be the 13th forward. I dont think Rieter got QO'd. I think Czuczman is better than Donovon but will be in Bridgeport to start the season.

I wouldn't be too sure about Reinhart being up with the Isles. They have a large number of defenseman already and it seems to be as if Snow is adding more. If anything he'll get the 9 game look. Everyone had the same thought about Strome coming right up and they did the right thing with keeping him down until they had no other options. Boulton was signed for a 1 year contract but is forward #16 on the team, barely behind out McDoland. He'll probably play down and be brought up when necessary. Czuzman will just be in Bridgeport because of a numbers game. Too many defenseman with NHL experience.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't be too sure about Reinhart being up with the Isles. They have a large number of defenseman already and it seems to be as if Snow is adding more. If anything he'll get the 9 game look. Everyone had the same thought about Strome coming right up and they did the right thing with keeping him down until they had no other options. Boulton was signed for a 1 year contract but is forward #16 on the team, barely behind out McDoland. He'll probably play down and be brought up when necessary. Czuzman will just be in Bridgeport because of a numbers game. Too many defenseman with NHL experience.

ummmm 9 game look? this is the second time I have read a poster talking about that rule in regards to players like reinhart and kabanov.

the 9 game (or 6 game now) rule is for junior eligible players to have a chance in the NHL before being sent back to juniors for the season and having their service time start and having a season burned off their elc.

this does not apply to reinhart. he has played his last whl hockey game. his clock begins now whether he is in bport or long island. unless he has a terrible camp, reinhart will skip the ahl altogether. I would be shocked if he doesn't break camp with the Isles.... shocked.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Do not think that we disrespect Boulton by sending him to the AHL. He will travel and practice with the Isles no matter how few games he gets into. Boults is inspirational and well liked if nothing else. 13th or 14th forward.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
ummmm 9 game look? this is the second time I have read a poster talking about that rule in regards to players like reinhart and kabanov.

the 9 game (or 6 game now) rule is for junior eligible players to have a chance in the NHL before being sent back to juniors for the season and having their service time start and having a season burned off their elc.

this does not apply to reinhart. he has played his last whl hockey game. his clock begins now whether he is in bport or long island. unless he has a terrible camp, reinhart will skip the ahl altogether. I would be shocked if he doesn't break camp with the Isles.... shocked.
If Reinhart makes the team, it'll be based off of what they do over the summer. A year in the minors isn't bad and it actually helps out a lot of the guys. They need to figure out what to do with Brennan, Strait, Carkner, Donovan, Hickey and possibly an incoming vet due to free agency before giving the kid some time. I personally can't stand bringing up players from juniors to the NHL with the exception of guys like Tavares. Give him time in the minors to get used to pro hockey instead of just throwing him in the fire. Look at Josh Bailey and Tim Connolly. Both were brought up at 18 and completely ruined.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Do not think that we disrespect Boulton by sending him to the AHL. He will travel and practice with the Isles no matter how few games he gets into. Boults is inspirational and well liked if nothing else. 13th or 14th forward.

Not so much to disrespect him but to give him playing time, same with McDonald. Have them both in the minors to mentor the youth. Boulton was actually more fun to watch in his short time then Clutterbuck was all season last year but it's a numbers game. If Garth moves 2-3 forwards for defensive support, we'll see Bolts on the island.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
If Reinhart makes the team, it'll be based off of what they do over the summer. A year in the minors isn't bad and it actually helps out a lot of the guys. They need to figure out what to do with Brennan, Strait, Carkner, Donovan, Hickey and possibly an incoming vet due to free agency before giving the kid some time. I personally can't stand bringing up players from juniors to the NHL with the exception of guys like Tavares. Give him time in the minors to get used to pro hockey instead of just throwing him in the fire. Look at Josh Bailey and Tim Connolly. Both were brought up at 18 and completely ruined.

reinhart isn't 18 with two years of junior hockey under his belt like Connolly and Bailey.

not sure you were around last year bit I actually was advocating and saying that Reinhardt should be returned to juniors last season when several others we're suggesting NHL last season.

I have watched reinhart just about every game for about 4 years. so im not just looking at his age and stats and randomly guessing where he should play. Im basing it off of what I see in his game and his maturation. the only thing that still worries me is his foot speed and agility. but they aren't terrible, it's just not A+. im not worried about his offense because frankly I don't think he will ever be a pp qb and a highly offensive player. he'll chip in occasionally and jump in the play whenever the situation calls for it but he won't ever be doughty so I don't care where is point production is right now. and I wouldn't hold him back in the ahl for the sake of trying to get him to boost his offensive numbers and alter is priorities in style of play.

his defense and his strengths. play on the boards and in front of the net, is second to none and sorely what the Isles need so he will be an islander this year.

oh and the islanders don't need to figure anything out about hickey. it's been two years and it's very obvious the kid is a valuable NHL defensemen that is also a big asset on the pk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad