Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Mar 3, 2004
Posted this in prospects thread, also gonna put it here in case anyway missed it.

Saw Pulock's debut last night. He had a solid, yet unspectacular game defensively. Seemed to struggle a bit at times in D zone coverage but was good at defending the rush. He didn't really jump into the play offensively at all, which was surprising to me. He saw time on both special teams units but didn't really do as mudh on the PP as I expected. Unleashed a wicked 1 timer though, which was blocked. Thought his decisions with the puck could use some improvement.

Jesse Graham is an unbelievable skater. I think he will make it just because of his skating. I don't know if/where he fits in here, but I could easily see him catching on with another team and becoming the new Jared Spurgeon. With Graham, he took a lot of risks. Almost played like a 4th forward at times jumping into the play but his skating allowed him to get back quickly.

Burroughs impressed me a lot for a kid who's just 18 years old. He made a lot of solid plays on both sides of the puck and doesn't back down even though he's a smaller player. I think long term he will get lost in the shuffle in a numbers game due to our depth.

Pedan is the guy I've seen the most and every single time I come away with the exact same impression. Some very good tools, no tool box. His size/skating/snarl combo has always intrigued me, and he can even stickhandle very well for a bigger dman. I see big issues with his hockey sense and decisions. He is the anti de Haan. There is no poise or calmness under pressure with him. Seems to make a few bonehead plays a game. Injury this year hurt his development, so let's hope he can get some decent ice time next season and work on improving in some of these areas.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
VCR played 7 games for Bridegeport.

How did he play?

btw, possible team next season?

Last edited:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
So who all are we expecting in BPort next season?

Goal: Reiter (?)
Defense: Graham, Mayfield, Pedan, Pelech, Pulock (?), Czuczman (?)
Forward: Diamond, Quine, Collberg, Halmo, Gallant

I just don't seem to have my thinking cap on right now...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Forward: Diamond, Quine, Collberg, Halmo, Gallant

Persson and Sunstrom

In all honesty if there is somebody in the draft who has been passed over for 2 drafts that looks like they can add a little offense, the Islander might use one of there 4th round picks over spending for them(not the best reason to draft but given the lack of forward prospects we sort of in a bind)

Here is a guy we might be able to get with one of our 3rd round picks who can play in Bridgeport next season

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/06/10/2014-nhl-draft-profile-63-edgars-kulda/

The Islanders could also use one of those Veteran career AHL players(sort of like Keith Aucion) upfront who might be used as a call up in case of injury

Defense: Graham, Mayfield, Pedan, Pelech, Pulock (?), Czuczman (?)

Pokka and I am guessing Leduc plays in the ECHL(wouldn't be surprised if Graham starts down there as well)

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The Tigers definately need some veteran leaderhip this season.if they try to compete with sucha young roster they won't stand a chance

I wish the Islanders wouldn't be so cheap and spend some cash on a high scoring career AHLer

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Seens like Mangene, Diamond and Cantin did not receive qualifying offers. Somewhat surprisingly Aaron Ness got one

I was surprised with Ness, not with Gallant - he's already a legend on here. :handclap:

I don't see how Ness has a place anymore other than to tutor one of the kids in Bridgeport. While I salivate of the thought of all of our kids in Bridgeport, probably not the wisest move. Ness would be our veteran down there, our Crash Davis?

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
A little surprised to see Ness qualified but they do need a puck mover of sorts and he does add a bit of expeerience. Also, we know that injuries will hit and some of the younger guys might be better off starting out in the ECHL so there might be a spot for him after all.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
not surprised about mangene or diamond. I thought cantin was a much better defender than ness. what can I say, this organization still loves ness even after all these miserable seasons. I don't get it, I have never gotten it.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Some A.Ness will be good for our young defenders in BPORt I think. They can see how much better they are than him and it gives them confidence. Garth is a genius but really, who doesn't love them some A.Ness

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
not surprised about mangene or diamond. I thought cantin was a much better defender than ness. what can I say, this organization still loves ness even after all these miserable seasons. I don't get it, I have never gotten it.

He's going to be the Crash Davis for all the d-men pups. 'Yeah, I was in the Show'.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
So is Leggio, Brennan, zolneircyzk. Bridgeport might have a decent chance at winning a playoff series next year. Especially with the coaching change. Wish I was as optimistic with the nhl club.

Brennan is on a one-way, isn't he?

i do like Zolnierczyk. good pickup.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Brennan is on a one-way, isn't he?

yes. that doesn't mean anything. if he gets sent down he makes Yves same amount of cash. I realize Wang is el cheapo but I believe he has paid certain players on one way deals to play down In bridgeport before. in fact I think Finley was one last year. could be wrong.

skille was a decent ahl signing too. pretty clear snow is going to have yo Make a trade to improve the big club, free agents don't want to sign to play here, who can blame them. I think we are all scared to death of what that trade might be, but that's the only chance to try and make the playoffs (and fire capuano but that isn't happening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad