Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Didn't think this was thread worthy but...

@CA_NYHockey: #Isles have announced they've signed Justin Johnson to a two-way contract and will be sent to Bridgeport.

I'm sure there is a link on the Isles' website but i'm currently on mobile so.

Edit: nvm got it http://nyisl.es/ucBru

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Poulin has been putting up great stats since getting sent down. Anybody been watching the games and can say whether or not he's proving?

A Winnipeg Jets fan chiming in here. Watched both of the IceCaps (Jets farm team) vs. Sound Tigers games this weekend and Poulin was outstanding. The Sound Tigers were heavily out-shot in each game and Poulin was the only thing that kept each one from being a blowout. He was selected the second star in each of the games and rightly so.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011976

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011965

Just FYI; cheers.

Last edited:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
A Winnipeg Jets fan chiming in here. Watched both of the IceCaps (Jets farm team) vs. Sound Tigers games this weekend and Poulin was outstanding. The Sound Tigers were heavily out-shot in each game and Poulin was the only thing that kept each one from being a blowout. He was selected the second star in each of the games and rightly so.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011976

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011965

Just FYI; cheers.

Nice to hear from somebody who watched the games. Poulin showed a lot of potential before his knee injuries and never really got back to normal after. The team rushed him up to the NHL last year when he clearly wasn't ready due to DP sucking. Hopefully he can become something and find his former self in the AHL.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
CBJ fan here. It was announced today that Bridgeport has traded Dallas Jackson to Springfield for Jeremy Langlois. Langlois has little experience at the AHL level... only played in 5 career AHL games. While the competition is less heavy in the ECHL... he does have 52 points in 49 games for the Evansville Icemen.

Wondering... what are some of your thoughts on Dallas Jackson? Has the lowest +/- of all defensemen on the team but has the most points out of defensemen as well.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
CBJ fan here. It was announced today that Bridgeport has traded Dallas Jackson to Springfield for Jeremy Langlois. Langlois has little experience at the AHL level... only played in 5 career AHL games. While the competition is less heavy in the ECHL... he does have 52 points in 49 games for the Evansville Icemen.

Wondering... what are some of your thoughts on Dallas Jackson? Has the lowest +/- of all defensemen on the team but has the most points out of defensemen as well.

He skates pretty well and is offensive minded but he also is playing against other teams top lines. While I don`t see him as more than a decent AHL player he will help your PP and his shots do make it to the net.
He likes to jump into the play but also pinches a little to often. All in all he will help your D, something that Springfield lacks.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I can't say much about Jackson, but I think it's a case Bridgeport is low on forwards(especially with Grabner getting injured) and this is nothing more then a trade of convenience

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Just a look at how the tigers have been affected by the NYI injury situation.
Booby Orr/ Aaron ness. And jovanowski/ mayfield are tied for 2nd on the team in points with 16.
There is 1 player with at least 10 goals and 0 players with 20 assists

I don't get to see the games but with JJ and gallant they should at least be interesting for a few minutes each game.
Pedan,mayfield and persson are the only other players on that roster that I hope one day will be up to the isles.
Momma said there'd be days like this

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I can see Ryan Walters playing well enough with Bridgeport to earn a NHL two-way contract from the Islanders. Only 1 year ago Walters was one of the top college players in the nation!

I thought his name and stat line looked familiar.

Anyone have any insight on Parker Milner? How did he look in the few games with Bridgeport?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I know there are no stupid questions just stupid people. So here it is.
Are ahl contracts typically one year only at a time?
It looks like every tigers contract expires this year except some drafted prospects on entry level deals.
Guys like Johnson,gallant, etc. the ahl regulars. Thanks

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I know there are no stupid questions just stupid people. So here it is.
Are ahl contracts typically one year only at a time?
It looks like every tigers contract expires this year except some drafted prospects on entry level deals.
Guys like Johnson,gallant, etc. the ahl regulars. Thanks

No they can be multi-year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad