Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
I don't really follow the soundtigers, but I have a couple of questions for those that do...

Does Lee get a shot this year? Is he nhl ready?

How about Halmo, is he any more than just an AHL player?

What happen to Joey Diamond this year?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Bridgeport 5, Adirondack 4, final score.
Goals by Strome (11), Halmo (17, SH), Persson (10, 11), Donovan (4).
Strome with 2 assists, Nilsson, 26 saves, 30 shots.

Last edited:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
AHL All Star Game and skills completion on TV, Ryan Strome is an AHL all star.

Tuesday, Skills Competition, 6:30 PM, MSG +
Wednesday, AHL All Stars vs Farjestad from the Swedish Elite League, 6:30 PM, MSG +2.
Repeats at 10 PM on NHL Network.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Hey guys, just stopping in to get some opinions on how Mayfield has looked this year. Played against him in high school, so I've tried to follow his progess as he's moved along. It's just really weird seeing guy that was two years younger than you playing in the AHL, especially when you didn't think he was going anywhere when you played against him in high school. Guess I'm not much of a talent evaluator then.:sarcasm:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Hey guys, just stopping in to get some opinions on how Mayfield has looked this year. Played against him in high school, so I've tried to follow his progess as he's moved along. It's just really weird seeing guy that was two years younger than you playing in the AHL, especially when you didn't think he was going anywhere when you played against him in high school. Guess I'm not much of a talent evaluator then.:sarcasm:

I saw Bridgeport play in Utica about 6 weeks ago, thought Mayfield played a solid defensive game and that's what he does best. In college, never thought he would become much of an offensive threat, doesn't seem to have the instincts to do so but he looks to be developing just fine. I only watched him play in person the one time.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
Thoughts on new acquisition Pistilli?

I played some minor hockey with him.

He`s been erratic often out of position but he plays very hard and he is learning a new system. I think he`s been slightly overmatched physically in the couple of game I have seen of him. He really needs to gain some weight he looks so lean or thin. I like that he does not shy from contact but his shot needs work also

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Bridgeport 5, Springfield 2
Goals by Donovan (2), Sundstrom, Newton, Strome (penalty shot).
Lee, 2 assists, Strome, 1 assist.
Nilsson 15 saves, 17 shots.

Last edited:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Bridgeport 7, Albany 3, Final Score
Goals by Pistilli, Ness, Strome, Sundstrom, Clark, Lee, Vaughn.
Two assists each for Mayfield, Halmo, Donovan.
Nilsson, 31 saves, 34 shots.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
Bridgeport 5, Albany 2, second period.
Goals by Pistilli, Ness, Strome, Sundstrom, Clark.

I can't see Strome staying down at Bridgeport much longer. After the Olympic break and after the trades, I can see him on the 1st or 2nd line for the rest of the year. Even at 20, and his 1st full year in the AHL, he's dominating that league. Can't help but be excited about him.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
It'll be pretty cool to see Strome get called up after the break, solidify himself as an NHL'er, and still end up winning AHL ROY with 25-30 less games than everyone else.

Edit: And still be eligible for the Calder next year.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I went to the game. Scooter's goal was probably the most impressive, if only because I had no idea who he was. Came in shorthanded and showed a nice burst of speed, going right around the Albany D(one of which was Larsson, I believe).

Lee and Strome both had solid games, as did Donovan. The problem was that they would not stop taking penalties. Every time they would start gaining momentum, someone would be sent to the box. I think they took 8 minors in total, and from what I saw the PK did not look too good. Surprised the score remained as lopsided as it did.

BTW, I really like Sundstrom a lot. Such a smart player. Good size as well. I would love to eventually see a Grabner - Nielsen - Sundstrom line in the next year or so.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I went to the game. Scooter's goal was probably the most impressive, if only because I had no idea who he was. Came in shorthanded and showed a nice burst of speed, going right around the Albany D(one of which was Larsson, I believe).

Lee and Strome both had solid games, as did Donovan. The problem was that they would not stop taking penalties. Every time they would start gaining momentum, someone would be sent to the box. I think they took 8 minors in total, and from what I saw the PK did not look too good. Surprised the score remained as lopsided as it did.

BTW, I really like Sundstrom a lot. Such a smart player. Good size as well. I would love to eventually see a Grabner - Nielsen - Sundstrom line in the next year or so.

If may add my two cents... Sundstrom might end up being one of our better two way forwards in a few years if not less.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Big fan of Sundstrom, he is another one who has missed so much time this year. Very interesting line combination they seem to compliment each other. Nice thing about Sundstrom is he can be used at any forward position, very versatile, smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad