RD Jozef Viliam Kmec - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2022 undrafted, signed by VGK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
It's a pity that after that great start to the season, his productivity dropped. But even so, I think that in the 5th - 7th round, someone can draft him and he could be steal. Big strong right-handed defender who play physical and have good movement, excellent physical parameters and some offensive potential.

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Oh my lord… so Sykora has a ton of competition and will have to fight for a spot, Kmec dont? Im not trying to downplay him and his abilities as im a huge fan of his game, but saying that he already passed Sykora and Mesar is a total bull****. Mesar may not be progressing as most of us hoped he will, on the other hand the skillset and the talent is obviously there, he just needs to figure it out and put it all together. Kmec “passing” Sykora is even bigger bull**** as he has so high floor and is already playing a league tier above Kmec’s. He will be regularly playing in bottom six soon, mark my words. If its going to be in NY or somewhere else is pointless.

Reactions: hellwar9

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Oh my lord… so Sykora has a ton of competition and will have to fight for a spot, Kmec dont? Im not trying to downplay him and his abilities as im a huge fan of his game, but saying that he already passed Sykora and Mesar is a total bull****. Mesar may not be progressing as most of us hoped he will, on the other hand the skillset and the talent is obviously there, he just needs to figure it out and put it all together. Kmec “passing” Sykora is even bigger bull**** as he has so high floor and is already playing a league tier above Kmec’s. He will be regularly playing in bottom six soon, mark my words. If its going to be in NY or somewhere else is pointless.
Go look at the last 10 drafts. The players that stick in the NHL, besides truly top talent, are players who fill roles that are defined to NHL GM’s and head coaches. There’s a reason why a player like Jordie Benn stuck in the nhl for years. A player who is quite comparable to Kmec. Both undrafted, that is very much a role Kmec can bring to the nhl.

Sykora’s competition is plain fact. NHL rosters are fluent but when you are a veteran team like the rangers, veterans move down the lineup and bottom 6 roles become significantly more difficult to fight for. I like Sykora alot and believe he will be an NHLer.

However your take on Mesar is laughable and has no historical context. You are simply going off emotion bias and attempting to insult me. You are welcome to provide any sort of video, analytical or historical analysis but before that your tanks are about as reliable as fan made mock drafts. Small, perimeter players go through camp after camp all the time and never establish themselves as nhlers. Mesar could likely end up having the same career path as Nick Merkley. Good career but by no means an established NHLer. WHO knows maybe he will be a Jurco, who I’m sure was an elite player in your eyes. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad