Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Would you trade Tkachuk to Rangers for Shesterkin+Lafrenière+Gabriel Perreault+first?
Nothing more then this is no go. I would add second round pick as well.

• Haha
Reactions: kroufum

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Would you trade Tkachuk to Rangers for Shesterkin+Lafrenière+Gabriel Perreault+first?
Nothing more then this is no go. I would add second round pick as well.
NO. Why trade the best player on the team, it makes no sense, are we trying to build a winning team or are we constantly rebuilding to appease some fans.

Reactions: Icelevel

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
NO. Why trade the best player on the team, it makes no sense, are we trying to build a winning team or are we constantly rebuilding to appease some fans.

That package literally makes us better and we would clearly win more games though? If we don't make that trade it would be pure fan appeasement instead of about building a winning team.

Some of you guys see Brady as a generational player or something, or at the very least value him like one.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
The team's in the finals have at least two forwards who are better than Brady.

McDavid/Draisaitl
Barkov/Tkachuk

We need another game breaker on offense.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The team's in the finals have at least two forwards who are better than Brady.

McDavid/Draisaitl
Barkov/Tkachuk

We need another game breaker on offense.
This team is a long way away of being at that level either way, but lets be honest, nobody has a better tandem than the Oilers, so you can't replicate that.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think fans of this team rate Brady accordingly for the most part. It's not all about points. He's the captain. He's a power forward, a face of the franchise type player, wears his heart on his sleeve. Unicorn as some have said.

I think fans just feel he is more valuable to the team AND community of Ottawa collectively.
He’s one of the best all round players on the planet.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I just want the team to win, and I think it's fair to acknowledge a potential timeline of required success to keep him.

Hearts got ripped out when Alfie and EK were sent packing and this group has accomplished sweet f*** all, so hard to feel attachment imo. If Brady gives the best chance of winning, keep him. If a package is available that makes the team better, go for it. Just want this team to start playing games that matter whoever is leading the charge.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
I’m of two minds about Brady.

On the one hand, I see the value in him as a leader and a player to build around. I’d be willing to send Timmy packing if it meant a return that better complimented Brady and the rest of the team. We need a playoff run-ready roster, and Brady plays that game.

On the other hand, he’s grown through some of the most pathetic days in the history of this organization. He is a trade away from being a household name in the USA. His tilt at centre in MSG gave me pause in that he is almost bigger than Ottawa in personality. With a year of control left, I almost see the writing on the wall and could see him moved for a game changing package himself.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Its hard to imagine a game changing package being offered for Brady. If we are forced to trade him because he wont re-sign, we start from a position of weakness that worsens.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Now is the best time to trade Tkachuk, when he is overvalued to maximize the return. There will be a Lindros like package coming back. It will make Ottawa instantly a playoff team even with a bad coach. We will get a Tier 1 goalie and a Tier 1 forward. A blue chip prospect+draft picks. It has to be just a starting point.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This whole thing sucks. It almost feels like it's a foregone conclusion that he's being moved, if not this summer, then next summer. At least, that's the vibe I'm getting from various social media platforms.

I'm definitely not the biggest Brady fan here, but I do know he is a unicorn. And losing our top guys or most skilled guys every couple of years is really starting to suck.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Brady is worth so much to this franchise, I don’t think they ever entertain moving him unless he asks out.

He has the city rallied around him in a way that only Alfie and Karlsson have ever been able to do. And the guy has never even played a playoff game. He’s a Sens legend in the making in addition to being a unicorn on the ice. The Sens would be crazy to move him imo. They’ve gotta do whatever they can to get this team going asap.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That package literally makes us better and we would clearly win more games though? If we don't make that trade it would be pure fan appeasement instead of about building a winning team.

Some of you guys see Brady as a generational player or something, or at the very least value him like one.
You have no idea whether that package would make them better or not. It makes much more sense to trade Stutzle, but they won't get as good a package for him as they would for Brady because Tkachuk is the much better player, more valuable player & a player every team needs in the playoffs.

Now that we have that player you want to get rid of him. Why would you be for that trade anyway EK is not coming back in the return? Or just part of the constant negative narative you have going everytiime Brady comes up?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Now is the best time to trade Tkachuk, when he is overvalued to maximize the return. There will be a Lindros like package coming back. It will make Ottawa instantly a playoff team even with a bad coach. We will get a Tier 1 goalie and a Tier 1 forward. A blue chip prospect+draft picks. It has to be just a starting point.

I wish I was as optimistic as you are.

I think he gets a massive return if moved, but whether we keep him or trade him I think we are years away from being a playoff team.

Until proven otherwise, we lost the player Norris was. Giroux is either gone via free agency or stays and is gone via father time (not deceased just not as good as pro hockey due to age). So if Tkachuk stays or goes that's still a big chunk of gone core gone or declining.

Add in our lack of assets and cap flexibility due to Dorion's win now approach and how the sale dragged on.

I think it's highly optimistic to think this team is fixed overnight.

That isn't to say we couldn't over achieve and slip into the playoffs. We almost did it 2 years ago. But in terms of being a true playoff team, I'm skeptical that happens anyone soon even if we hit a home run on trading a player or two.

We would need a lot of home runs with pro scouting and a big series of draft picks and even then it's maybe a 3 year process to regain cap flexibility, and cycle in new players with what could be left of this current group.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
You have no idea whether that package would make them better or not. It makes much more sense to trade Stutzle, but they won't get as good a package for him as they would for Brady because Tkachuk is the much better player, more valuable player & a player every team needs in the playoffs.

Now that we have that player you want to get rid of him. Why would you be for that trade anyway EK is not coming back in the return? Or just part of the constant negative narative you have going everytiime Brady comes up?

Shesterkin is arguably the best goalie in the league, he alone is more significant to getting wins than Brady,

and after that we get Lafreniere who is establishing himself as a 1st liner, Gabe Perrault who is looking like shoe in as a top six player with who knows what kind of top end, and a 1st.

Of course that makes us better! it's like a reverse Dorion trade.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
It's funny how a segment of fans here think we over rate Brady, meanwhile fans of other teams are drooling over the prospect that maybe he's actually available, and talking about how their team needs to make a bold move to steal him away.
Brady is not properly supported here. He generates a disproportionate amount of primary points. He doesn't get those easy secondary assists, or the opportunity to pad his stats on a lethal power play. We don't have a high end PP quarterback (yet) and Stutzle had an off year.

The guy should easily be a 90 point player.

We haven't seen the best of Brady. I think the next five years will be his best and it will be glorious for whatever team is fortunate enough to have him.

Staios knows and this why he always says: we are trying to build around him.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Brady is not properly supported here. He generates a disproportionate amount of primary points. He doesn't get those easy secondary assists, or the opportunity to pad his stats on a lethal power play. We don't have a high end PP quarterback (yet) and Stutzle had an off year.

The guy should easily be a 90 point player.

We haven't seen the best of Brady. I think the next five years will be his best and it will be glorious for whatever team is fortunate enough to have him.

Staios knows and this why he always says: we are trying to build around him.
I checked all 8 teams in this year's quarter finals.

a minor pattern surfaced.
1) 2-3 guys with 85 or more points
2) 4-5 guys at 60 or more

Boston and Dallas were an exception, but they compensated in other areas (defense, depth, goaltending)

It does seem like you need, real high end offense on your team. The top 2-3 guys had better be offensive machines. Edmonton's top 4 are rock solid. Florida's top 4 are rock solid. NYR's top 5, rock solid. Dallas, the exception, but as mentioned, their depth was off the charts.

2-3 guys had better be at 85 points or more next year. Or 10 guys have to be at 50 or more (Dallas)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Shesterkin is arguably the best goalie in the league, he alone is more significant to getting wins than Brady,

and after that we get Lafreniere who is establishing himself as a 1st liner, Gabe Perrault who is looking like shoe in as a top six player with who knows what kind of top end, and a 1st.

Of course that makes us better! it's like a reverse Dorion trade.
Did the all-star Talbot make us better? He made LA better. Does Perrault or Lafreniere make us tougher? Will they drop their gloves & defend their teammates? Are they going to defend all the players who want to go after Stutzle? Should we trade for EK so he can drop the gloves & defend teammates & go after guys like Brian Boyle? Once you trade a unicorn like Brady you spend yrs trying to get one back most likely never will. How long did this franchise cry about getting Gary Roberts because the Leafs were constantly pushing us around & knocking us out of the playoffs. You constantly want to add small players who will get killed in the playoffs to this lineup & you constantly want to get rid of Brady, why?

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Did the all-star Talbot make us better? He made LA better. Does Perrault or Lafreniere make us tougher? Will they drop their gloves & defend their teammates? Are they going to defend all the players who want to go after Stutzle? Should we trade for EK so he can drop the gloves & defend teammates & go after guys like Brian Boyle? Once you trade a unicorn like Brady you spend yrs trying to get one back most likely never will. How long did this franchise cry about getting Gary Roberts because the Leafs were constantly pushing us around & knocking us out of the playoffs. You constantly want to add small players who will get killed in the playoffs to this lineup & you constantly want to get rid of Brady, why?
I don’t know who you’re replying to cause I have them on my ignore list I guess (thank god). But I agree with you sir.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad