Player Discussion Braden Schneider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Kings RHD depth:

Doughty
Durzi
Spence
Clarke
Faber
Grans

That whole list has top 4 potential.
Don’t see them targeting an RHD…
The Kings need wings. It's a cool story to say oh this center can't hack it lets stick him on wing but it doesn't always work that way.

Guys can be 'wingers' in skillset and physical tools but if their mind isn't into it then it's not gonna work. I'd imagine this is why Chytil has been pegged as a center, because it's pretty obvious to even messageboard posters that he has a really good wing skillset.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Kings RHD depth:

Doughty
Durzi
Spence
Clarke
Faber
Grans

Don’t see them targeting an RHD…
I like the Kings strategy. They are loaded with forwards who can play in the middle and RHD.

Durzi has become a very good player for LA. He is playing major minutes for them with Doughty out. I have seen Faber play in college. Very good player. Spence has played some with their injuries on D. Clarke was a #1 pick last year. Grans is another highly regarded D.

Lundkvist could play for them next season while some of those players are one to two years away. The Kings will be looking to offload some of their RHD. Doughty has a huge contract. He isn't going anywhere. Doughty has 5 more seasons remaining at $11M. They also have Durzi. There is one spot remaining unless they look to move Durzi. Why would they move him? They have too many players.

Reactions: brakeyawself

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I like the Kings strategy. They are loaded with forwards who can play in the middle and RHD.

Durzi has become a very good player for LA. He is playing major minutes for them with Doughty out. I have seen Faber play in college. Very good player. Spence has played some with their injuries on D. Clarke was a #1 pick last year. Grans is another highly regarded D.

Lundkvist could play for them next season while some of those players are one to two years away. The Kings will be looking to offload some of their RHD. Doughty has a huge contract. He isn't going anywhere. Doughty has 5 more seasons remaining at $11M. They also have Durzi. There is one spot remaining unless they look to move Durzi. Why would they move him? They have too many players.

They're not going to need Nils.

I'd take every single one of the players you mentioned over Nils. Faber is going to be an excellent NHL defenseman.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think its just trying to keep Braun/Nemeth/Schneider all fresh for the playoffs. They are going to need all three and as good as Schneider's been, hes a 20 year old rookie. Dont want him gassed. Nemeth has also been mostly fine since the break IMO

Besides the careless penalties at the worst time Nemeth looks fresh. Speaking of looking fresh, since the deadline and back from injury Chytil looks more engaged and a little quicker. is it me or Chytil reminds anyone else of the body frame of Nedved? he should watch Nedved tapes over the summer. Nedved was 6’3 210 in his playing days similar to Filip Chytil

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Lundkvist to Montreal? The Habs acquired Justin Barron(RHD) from the Avs for Lehkonen. A 2nd round pick went to Montreal in the deal. There was speculation about the Rangers and Habs discussing a Lehkonen deal. Probably something around Lundkvist and a 2nd round pick.

The Habs have Petry and Savard on the right side in addition to Barron. Petry's name was mentioned in trade talks. Dallas? The Stars will need to replace Klingberg this summer. Petry's name was mentioned as a possibility there. Petry will be cheaper than Klingberg.

Lundkvist to Montreal. He can be a top 4 D who can run the PP for them.

The Habs 1st round pick in 2020. Kaiden Guhle. He is basically the left-handed shot version of Schneider. The Habs have depth on LD. Romanov. They signed one of the NCAA players. Jordan Harris. Northeastern. They are trying to sign their other Northeastern player Jayden Struble. It appears Struble is leaning towards staying in school.

Lundkvist to the Habs for Guhle. The Rangers have Guhle start the season in the AHL. They go from there. He could be in line for a call up during the season.

Lindgren has two more seasons remaining on his contract $3M AAV. The cap is expected to be flat for three more seasons.

22-23-$82.5M
23-24-$83.5M
24-25-$84.5M

The Rangers cap is complicated. It gets more complicated for 23-24. The Rangers need to prepare for a Lindgren trade next summer. 2023. The Rangers can't afford him beyond this contract because the cap will still be flat. The Rangers could get a nice return for Lindgren. We saw what rental D went for at the trade deadline. Lindgren will have one year remaining on his contract and will have another season of group II. It's not about trading Lindgren. It's trying to make all of the pieces fit.

Guhle is ready for 23-24. He slides into the Rangers top 4. You can move KAM up with Fox. Have Guhle with Trouba. KAM has benefited playing and learning from Trouba.

KAM-Fox
Guhle-Trouba
Jones-Schneider

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
What did Schneider do to Vesey?

The guy who got flattened wasn't Jim, so I'm wondering what I missed.
Tried to hit Schneider along the boards but appeared to have significantly injured his knee. Kind of a weird play because even after watching the replays, i couldnt tell how he hurt it. If its anything long-term, idk if Vesey has much of an NHL future going forward.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Lundkvist to Montreal? The Habs acquired Justin Barron(RHD) from the Avs for Lehkonen. A 2nd round pick went to Montreal in the deal. There was speculation about the Rangers and Habs discussing a Lehkonen deal. Probably something around Lundkvist and a 2nd round pick.

The Habs have Petry and Savard on the right side in addition to Barron. Petry's name was mentioned in trade talks. Dallas? The Stars will need to replace Klingberg this summer. Petry's name was mentioned as a possibility there. Petry will be cheaper than Klingberg.

Lundkvist to Montreal. He can be a top 4 D who can run the PP for them.

The Habs 1st round pick in 2020. Kaiden Guhle. He is basically the left-handed shot version of Schneider. The Habs have depth on LD. Romanov. They signed one of the NCAA players. Jordan Harris. Northeastern. They are trying to sign their other Northeastern player Jayden Struble. It appears Struble is leaning towards staying in school.

Lundkvist to the Habs for Guhle. The Rangers have Guhle start the season in the AHL. They go from there. He could be in line for a call up during the season.

Lindgren has two more seasons remaining on his contract $3M AAV. The cap is expected to be flat for three more seasons.

22-23-$82.5M
23-24-$83.5M
24-25-$84.5M

The Rangers cap is complicated. It gets more complicated for 23-24. The Rangers need to prepare for a Lindgren trade next summer. 2023. The Rangers can't afford him beyond this contract because the cap will still be flat. The Rangers could get a nice return for Lindgren. We saw what rental D went for at the trade deadline. Lindgren will have one year remaining on his contract and will have another season of group II. It's not about trading Lindgren. It's trying to make all of the pieces fit.

Guhle is ready for 23-24. He slides into the Rangers top 4. You can move KAM up with Fox. Have Guhle with Trouba. KAM has benefited playing and learning from Trouba.

KAM-Fox
Guhle-Trouba
Jones-Schneider

Not a chance Montreal does this, but would take it in a heart beat.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Schneider minimal. People really want him out of the line up for bets? Let him keep learning.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Schneider was very impressive but Vesey’s leg gave out. Maybe while trying to hit Schneider his skate got caught in a rut.

Braden doesn’t have a lot of history as far as fighting. That said he is a physical D who was a captain for his team in the WHL.…and that pretty much means he’s not a pushover. He’s going to stand up for himself and it looked like he knew what he wanted to do.….one of the first things of which rip the helmet off your opponent.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Montreal would be nuts to trade Guhle for Nils.

If we had KAM and Guhle no one would even try to test the left side of the ice.

1649285450143.png

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I feel like there have been so many defining moments this season... the win against Tampa w :16 secs to go for example... but his hit and fight against the Devs really stand out to me for some reason.

It just lingers in the "wow" category for me.

Maybe because of the "No quit in NY" bit or the fact that this "kid" looks like he could be what this franchise has been thirsty for, and yearning for, for decades.

No one will be Leetch... Foxy won a Norris and hopefully more.

But a punishing D man who scares the f*** out of opponents physically AND skill wise is something we haven't had in my lifetime. Trouba has been close... Staal and G at times... Beuk? Ok maybe.

I hope he's the modern Scott Stevens... because he'll be a joy to watch as he destroys & SCARES the opposition.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I feel like there have been so many defining moments this season... the win against Tampa w :16 secs to go for example... but his hit and fight against the Devs really stand out to me for some reason.

Maybe because of the "No quit in NY" bit or the fact that this "kid" looks like he could be what this franchise has been thirsty for, and yearning for, for decades.

But a punishing D man who scares the f*** out of opponents physically AND skill wise is something we haven't had in my lifetime. Trouba has been close... Staal and G at times... Beuk? Ok maybe.

I hope he's the modern Scott Stevens... because he'll be a joy to watch as he destroys & SCARES the opposition.
Don’t let @Machinehead see this.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Park was a much better version of Schneider in terms of combining skill and hitting, but that's a lifetime ago.

Kloucek was a tremendous hitting defenseman, but his career fell apart.

I hope Schneider never becomes like Stevens, who I thought was the dirtiest defenseman of my lifetime. He was a stone-cold headhunter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad