Player Discussion Braden Schneider

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Its only July. I'm hoping Drury is able to make some moves during this summer.
For what a top RHD? I wouldn't hold my breath those guys don't grow on trees. Nothing wrong with Schneider getting that spot. Give Trouba the bottom pairing duties since he's not going anywhere.
I guess like others have mentioned try to upgrade on Lindgren.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
With Schneider it's still a bit up in the air what kind of defenseman he's going to be which is why locking him up for a long term is neither in the best interest of him or the Rangers. If he's a 20 point a year more defensive oriented 2nd pair defenseman 3/4 years from now you don't want him to carry too high of a salary but if his two way game really steps up and he's putting up 45 points a year he wouldn't want to be stuck long term on something that way too low. I think either scenario could happen with him and I think it's better if we keep his next contract to 2/3 years.

I think $2.5 per for 2 or 3 years is fair.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
With Schneider it's still a bit up in the air what kind of defenseman he's going to be which is why locking him up for a long term is neither in the best interest of him or the Rangers. If he's a 20 point a year more defensive oriented 2nd pair defenseman 3/4 years from now you don't want him to carry too high of a salary but if his two way game really steps up and he's putting up 45 points a year he wouldn't want to be stuck long term on something that way too low. I think either scenario could happen with him and I think it's better if we keep his next contract to 2/3 years.

I think $2.5 per for 2 or 3 years is fair.
Yeah I would say that he'd have to get his offensive numbers up in order to reach that $5-6M range.

Reactions: eco's bones

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
For what a top RHD? I wouldn't hold my breath those guys don't grow on trees. Nothing wrong with Schneider getting that spot. Give Trouba the bottom pairing duties since he's not going anywhere.
I guess like others have mentioned try to upgrade on Lindgren.
I'm just speaking in general. I would hope Drury was able to find some deals to upgrade the lineups in general. Too early for me to speak about who will be our top 6 dmen for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad