Brad Treliving- 1st year complete.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rate the first season based on your expectations.

• Exceeded my Expectations

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Met my Expectations

Votes: 115 59.6%
  • Failed to Meet my Expectations

Votes: 68 35.2%

• Total voters

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Not only are you wrong (as usual), but you can't even see when people are making fun of your posts!
Choosing not to engage your deflections is not the same as not seeing your failed attempts to mock. Ironically, while most of your post was wrong, your underlying argument (making bad, emotionally-based decisions that hurt the team will lead to worse playoff outcomes) actually supports my position that we shouldn't make a bad, emotionally-based decision that will hurt the team.
I suppose that’s possible but after 8 years of failure with this core and cap allocation model I doubt the are miraculously suddenly go from first round losers to cup winners
We haven't had 8 years with this whole core or with this cap allocation model (which is changing naturally anyway, regardless of what we do), and going from barely losing to cup finalists to beating cup finalists is not the leap you pretend it is. Either way, continuing to get worse doesn't get us closer to being a cup winner.

Last edited:

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
It still amazes me how much money Klingberg lost by not taking Dallas' 6x6 offer a few years ago. He thought he could get more and instead his career fell off a cliff.

It was $7.25 x 8 ($58M total) he turned down.

He'll never sniff anywhere close to that now. Normally I'd feel bad for someone in that situation. But he's made over $40M already.

I think he'ill be okay.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
We haven't had 8 years with this whole core or with this cap allocation model (which is changing naturally anyway, regardless of what we do), and going from barely losing to cup finalists to beating cup finalists is not the leap you pretend it is. Either way, continuing to get worse doesn't get us closer to being a cup winner.
Let’s even reduce it to 6 seasons and yes we are a long way from being a contender. Our core forwards are soft and can’t score in the playoffs. Our top Dman Reilly is a number 2 or possibly a number 3. Our goaltending is a mess after 5 years of Dubas dumpster diving for goalies. So yes we are a long way away

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Let’s even reduce it to 6 seasons and yes we are a long way from being a contender. Our core forwards are soft and can’t score in the playoffs. Our top Dman Reilly is a number 2 or possibly a number 3. Our goaltending is a mess after 5 years of Dubas dumpster diving for goalies. So yes we are a long way away

Will be interesting to see if they run back the core and they make a deep run the narrative spins. It will be Berube is a hockey savant most likely, but all these folks making claims like Rielly is a #3 and our forwards are all soft will pretend they never said those things. Nonsense.

Marner is soft, rest are not.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Will be interesting to see if they run back the core and they make a deep run the narrative spins. It will be Berube is a hockey savant most likely, but all these folks making claims like Rielly is a #3 and our forwards are all soft will pretend they never said those things. Nonsense.

Eight years in a row says odds are this core is not making a deep run. I keep watching the Titanic, hoping it makes it across the ocean, but each time it ends the same way.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Eight years in a row says odds are this core is not making a deep run. I keep watching the Titanic, hoping it makes it across the ocean, but each time it ends the same way.

Our best right handed dman in that time was Luke Schenn. Our best goalie was Andersen who was a playoff choke artist himself. Our next best was Jack Campbell...

Get someone who can make a save and an actual right handed NHL dman and see if this team can do something

Reactions: rumman

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Our best right handed dman in that time was Luke Schenn. Our best goalie was Andersen who was a playoff choke artist himself. Our next best was Jack Campbell...

Get someone who can make a save and an actual right handed NHL dman and see if this team can do something
Great ideas.

Exactly why we need to move on from Marner

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Great ideas.

Exactly why we need to move on from Marner

Agreed. However in the context of our discussion, the issue is likely not the players it's the overall team. Marner can easily go on to win a cup elsewhere contributing the whole way.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

That would help but the 3 amigos have to prove they can score more than one goal in big playoff games. So far they have failed miserably and it is why I give them most of the blame for our playoff failures.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

If they make a deep run of course I will adjust my opinion because all I want is for them to win. However all we have right now is 6-8 years of playoff futility and we can base our opinions on that evidence, anything else is just hopeful speculation. We hear about lessons learned and almost beat the other team……..the time is over for that nonsense is now, in the words of the immortal Yoda……”do or do not there is no try”

I believe that is 12 games. Not a large enough sample size. :sarcasm:
Again the reason it’s not a larger sample size is because he doesn’t score when it matters

Agreed. However in the context of our discussion, the issue is likely not the players it's the overall team. Marner can easily go on to win a cup elsewhere contributing the whole way.
That very well may be the case but why won’t he do it here?

Reactions: myleafs

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Hasn't been 6 years either, and no we weren't, but we're getting further away, and risk destroying it all this offseason.
Ok I’m dying to know how many years you think it has been since this core was assembled.

And gotten better every year. Not his fault he was held out of games by doctors. First few games of the series he was a beast
It’s starting to seem like he always has something wrong in the playoffs, last year it was a wonky wrist. When is he going to rise to the level of his contract

Reactions: myleafs and rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad