Brad Treliving- 1st year complete.

Rate the first season based on your expectations.

• Exceeded my Expectations

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Met my Expectations

Votes: 115 59.6%
  • Failed to Meet my Expectations

Votes: 68 35.2%

• Total voters

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Come on man…….Marner is totally awful in the playoffs and his attitude suck…….he actually thinks fans treat him like a god.
He refused to compete. Over the years, Nylander and Matthews have had their moments where they didn’t compete, either. It’s impossible to win if you lack that skill, especially if it’s your high $$$ players.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
And yet we continue to lose in the first round.
Dubas and Marner have a total of 1 round win in his 5 years.
Individually his contract does not prohibit us getting better players but the 4 amigos collectively take to much money without a good return……..year after year of playoff failure

Terrible bad luck. Dubas never made one mistake!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Now that he has gone to Pittsburgh Dubas has finally started doing things I wanted to see here.

Hire Mann. Trade for Karlsson. Sign Graves.

I still think those would all have been good moves for the Leafs even if they don't work out for Dubas.

Hint, hint, Treliving....
Do you believe that having another double digit salary in Karlsson to go along with the 4 we have now was the way to go in Toronto for Treliving.

I want him to cut 4 down to 2 leaving just AM and WN as the ones with double digit AAV, and work on slimming down the top heavy contract approach of the past.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Do you believe that having another double digit salary in Karlsson to go along with the 4 we have now was the way to go in Toronto for Treliving.

I want him to cut 4 down to 2 leaving just AM and WN as the ones with double digit AAV, and work on slimming down the top heavy contract approach of the past.
You could try that, but management should make it clear to those two that if they don’t compete at an acceptable level again in the playoffs, then they’ll be moved as well.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023

I think Karlsson at $11M is too much risk.

Now Karlsson at $5M along with Tavares and Marner borh off the team would be a dream come true. Maybe something like this could work. Only gomna happen in imagination world.

But if anyone could make it happen, it would be the king of the blockbuster trade, Brad Treliving himself, to do it.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
I'm happy that Dubas is gone, but Treliving is far from impressive.

The 3.7 million he wasted on Kampf and Reaves for another 2 years would go along way to adding the defenceman and center that we need.

The Klingberg signing was also a disaster. I was okay with the player, but not at that prize point.

His trade deadline was very average. I am quite worried about the contracts he might hand out.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Making bad, emotionally-based decisions that hurt the team doesn't change past playoff outcomes or improve future ones, even if it's cathartic.
Making bad, emotionally-based decisions that hurt the team are what caused the past playoff outcomes. Remedying them may be cathartic, and improve future ones.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Making bad, emotionally-based decisions that hurt the team are what caused the past playoff outcomes.
None of the past playoff outcomes were caused by "bad, emotionally based decisions that hurt the team"; not that it would justify making more bad, emotionally-based decisions regardless.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
It gives us a better chance of future success than any realistic alternative that's been suggested so far.
I suppose that’s possible but after 8 years of failure with this core and cap allocation model I doubt the are miraculously suddenly go from first round losers to cup winners, especially when our mail competition makes changes and keeps getting better

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
The Klingberg signing was also a disaster. I was okay with the player, but not at that prize point.
I think that signing was more the Front Office. They have been trying to replace Reilly on the PP for years now like trading Kadri for Tyson Barrie. I doubt Treliving showed up and just coincidentally had that first on his to-do list.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
I think that signing was more the Front Office. They have been trying to replace Reilly on the PP for years now like trading Kadri for Tyson Barrie. I doubt Treliving showed up and just coincidentally had that first on his to-do list.
Sometimes I get the sense that people think Tre was suprised how things worked out. I suspect he was even less shocked than people here - he gets a lot of information.

They gambled on Kling because there was nothing better to do with the money at the time - an advantage Toronto has.

Kling broke, his cap hit was erased, and they moved on with no burden.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Sometimes I get the sense that people think Tre was suprised how things worked out. I suspect he was even less shocked than people here - he gets a lot of information.

They gambled on Kling because there was nothing better to do with the money at the time - an advantage Toronto has.

Kling broke, his cap hit was erased, and they moved on with no burden.
It still amazes me how much money Klingberg lost by not taking Dallas' 6x6 offer a few years ago. He thought he could get more and instead his career fell off a cliff.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
It still amazes me how much money Klingberg lost by not taking Dallas' 6x6 offer a few years ago. He thought he could get more and instead his career fell off a cliff.
Thought it was even more than that - 8M or something. But certainly pretty unfortunate for him money-wise whatever it was.

Hard to know how much of that debacle was Kling, his agent, or bad luck, but he's got 40M in career earnings, so he should probably just prioritize his health, with his biggest regret being the playing time he lost as the best he could be through the limited journey he was fortunate to have.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Thought it was even more than that - 8M or something. But certainly pretty unfortunate for him money-wise whatever it was.

Hard to know how much of that debacle was Kling, his agent, or bad luck, but he's got 40M in career earnings, so he should probably just prioritize his health, with his biggest regret being the playing time he lost as the best he could be through the limited journey he was fortunate to have.
I remember him firing his agent afterwards, or during, or whatever?

Dallas would have had to buy him out very soon into that deal. That would have been a catastrophic deal for a team that is generally well-run.

Reactions: LeafEgo

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'm happy that Dubas is gone, but Treliving is far from impressive.

The 3.7 million he wasted on Kampf and Reaves for another 2 years would go along way to adding the defenceman and center that we need.

His trade deadline was very average. I am quite worried about the contracts he might hand out.
We should know whether Tre will be a effective GM by the start of this season, he’s got a lot of work to do, I’m not convinced he’s the guy, but I’m willing to give him a chance……….

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We should know whether Tre will be a effective GM by the start of this season, he’s got a lot of work to do, I’m not convinced he’s the guy, but I’m willing to give him a chance……….
I’ll know by the start of the season whether I’m following them or not.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I’ll know by the start of the season whether I’m following them or not.
If it tuly is “run it back” this place will be a echo chamber of loser mentality being happy with regular season success followed by more playoff failure……..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad