Brad Treliving- 1st year complete.

Rate the first season based on your expectations.

• Exceeded my Expectations

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Met my Expectations

Votes: 115 59.6%
  • Failed to Meet my Expectations

Votes: 68 35.2%

• Total voters

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I was just reading about Dubas on the Penguins board. Seems that they're figuring out what a complete fraud he is faster than we did here. Some are begging to hold onto their draft picks. I should probably feel pity, but nah.
Any of the regular Leaf posters writing long winded nonsense about why they just don't understand the genius of Kid Kyle?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I am wondering, if Tre botches the Marner deal, are we gonna blame the previous GM for handing him that contract which is forcing the Leafs to move on from Mitch?
Nothing about the Marner contract requires the Leafs to move on from him. He's a great player that earns his contract, and we have plenty of cap space that can cover our needs. Trading Marner doesn't even open up cap space. It just opens up more holes that have to be addressed at a premium. We have a rapidly rising cap, a youth injection to the team, Liljegren (who may not even be kept) as our only significant re-signing, and 11m already coming off or being significantly reduced in a year. If Treliving screws this up, it's on Treliving, though I'm sure there will be a number that will try to pretend otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr_Fun and arso40
Oct 18, 2010
He only accepted 10.9 after Leafs leaked what he was turning down and the fanbase went ballistic.

Remember how downtrodden he looked after signing the contract?

I was just reading about Dubas on the Penguins board. Seems that they're figuring out what a complete fraud he is faster than we did here. Some are begging to hold onto their draft picks. I should probably feel pity, but nah.

That's a blue collar town. Here we have a bunch of yuppies that think they're smarter and better than everyone. So they have to nerdsplain to you why reality doesn't match their warped fan-fiction projections. Sadly, the organization is still chock full of these folks.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023

Now that he has gone to Pittsburgh Dubas has finally started doing things I wanted to see here.

Hire Mann. Trade for Karlsson. Sign Graves.

I still think those would all have been good moves for the Leafs even if they don't work out for Dubas.

Hint, hint, Treliving....

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
shouldn't have signed it.

1718380163928.png

Dubas was terribad.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Some of the things I read over at the Pens board:

1) Wondering if they can trade Jarry for Cody Ceci. Another member asked "where do I sign?"
2) Wondering if Dubas is just a distraction for the media to hide what a disaster the team is.
3) The same guy who said #2 compared Dubas to Harry Potter.

It was overall worth the read.

Reactions: arso40 and Racer88

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA

That's a blue collar town. Here we have a bunch of yuppies that think they're smarter and better than everyone. So they have to nerdsplain to you why reality doesn't match their warped fan-fiction projections. Sadly, the organization is still chock full of these folks.

Hence, why Dubas only used Pittsburgh as a fallback option if his powerplay to remove Shanahan from power failed. He wanted to stay in Toronto. He knows he fits in Toronto much better than Pittsburgh.

Reactions: arso40
Oct 18, 2010
Hence, why Dubas only used Pittsburgh as a fallback option if his powerplay to remove Shanahan from power failed. He wanted to stay in Toronto. He knows he fits in Toronto much better than Pittsburgh.

That's why he fake cried, and used his family. He knows what these tenderhearted yuppies relate to. Which is greed, ego, and selfishness disguised with moral grandstanding and fake kindness. They deify Dubas as some cunning genius but at the same time infantilize him as a sweetheart naive kid.

We were supposed to believe that he didn't talk to his wife about the fact that he didn't have a paycheck the next season. This despite being relatively young and eating high up off the hog with the number 2 or 3 job with the Leafs. And he has a young family, people don't think he's spending money like crazy? He NEEDS to work. There was zero chance he was going to take a year off. He was bemoaning about how hard the job was for him. A coveted gig of which there are 32 in the entire world. In a competitive industry where. to pursue a career in, kids leave home at 14 or 15 years old. He basically admitted that he wasn't qualified for the job (as if his tenure with the Leafs didn't already prove it).

I've been attacked for pointing out that none of this makes sense, but all I was saying is that there's no way he's as dumb as he was portraying himself to be. But in this SOFT and EASY market, this stuff is valued. And now we're supposed to believe (for no reason at all), that he was finally going to trade a core player. :blah:

The insidious part of this is that Shamascam plucked him and gave him a dream job, protected him, fired legends for him, and he still tried to take his job after 5 years. :biglaugh: He skipped the decades of paid dues and RESULTS that people need to deliver and was so greedy that he felt 5 years was enough to stab his mentor in the back. And then "randomly" the exact same demands were given to him by Pittsburgh five days later. These slimy snakes deserve each other.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
That's why he fake cried, and used his family. He knows what these tenderhearted yuppies relate to. Which is greed, ego, and selfishness disguised with moral grandstanding and fake kindness. They deify Dubas as some cunning genius but at the same time infantilize him as a sweetheart naive kid.

We were supposed to believe that he didn't talk to his wife about the fact that he didn't have a paycheck the next season. This despite being relatively young and eating high up off the hog with the number 2 or 3 job with the Leafs. And he has a young family, people don't think he's spending money like crazy? He NEEDS to work. There was zero chance he was going to take a year off. He was bemoaning about how hard the job was for him. A coveted gig of which there are 32 in the entire world. In a competitive industry where. to pursue a career in, kids leave home at 14 or 15 years old. He basically admitted that he wasn't qualified for the job (as if his tenure with the Leafs didn't already prove it).

I've been attacked for pointing out that none of this makes sense, but all I was saying is that there's no way he's as dumb as he was portraying himself to be. But in this SOFT and EASY market, this stuff is valued. And now we're supposed to believe (for no reason at all), that he was finally going to trade a core player. :blah:

The insidious part of this is that Shamascam plucked him and gave him a dream job, protected him, fired legends for him, and he still tried to take his job after 5 years. :biglaugh: He skipped the decades of paid dues and RESULTS that people need to deliver and was so greedy that he felt 5 years was enough to stab his mentor in the back. And then "randomly" the exact same demands were given to him by Pittsburgh five days later. These slimy snakes deserve each other.

My favorite was probably the post that said the only reason "we" don't like him is because he reminds "us" of our daughter's boyfriend. Talk about projecting. :laugh: So weird.

Nothing to do with his constant failures. :rolleyes:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I am wondering, if Tre botches the Marner deal, are we gonna blame the previous GM for handing him that contract which is forcing the Leafs to move on from Mitch? Asking for Kyle's wife and kids.
Why not, the Dubite’s blames Lou for everything years after he was gone, what’s good for the goose, is good for the gander………

You know the old gypsy curse……may you get everything you wish for…….

At this point, for me, the only way Tre can botch the Marner deal is giving him 12+ million.
Get the best deal you can in trade and I will be good with this chapter ending.
He can screw it up various ways, but extending him to another stupid contract is the worse case scenario imo……….

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
"We" is very inconsistent.

If Tre doesn't trade Marner for both McDavid and Makar (both 50% retained), a couple of posters will say he botched it and Dubas is God.

If Tre signs him for $12M (or signs him at all without a trade), a fair number of posters will say he botched it, but was handicapped by Dubas' many errors.

I feel sorry for his wife and kids - since he said he wouldn't move them, and they still here while he's in Pittsburgh?
Dubas is a millennial, probably works remotely most of the time………

I thought we were the wealthiest franchise but we have bargain bin management
Not sure we’re the wealthiest team, but I know we’re the most wasteful team………

All teams have equal cap space.
Dubas would throw it away with overpays.

Like it was super key to keep this shitty core.

If Marner told me he wanted 10.9 I would have drove him to the airport with his ticket to Arizona.
Me too……..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Any of the regular Leaf posters writing long winded nonsense about why they just don't understand the genius of Kid Kyle?
I have also noticed the Dubite’s are a long winded bunch, it takes them paragraphs to say what could be communicated in a couple of sentences. I guess looking at all those pi charts and analytic graphs has fried their minds……..

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I have also noticed the Dubite’s are a long winded bunch, it takes them paragraphs to say what could be communicated in a couple of sentences. I guess looking at all those pi charts and analytic graphs has fried their minds……..
Enjoy it is only a matter of time before they are extinct.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Nothing about the Marner contract requires the Leafs to move on from him. He's a great player that earns his contract, and we have plenty of cap space that can cover our needs. Trading Marner doesn't even open up cap space. It just opens up more holes that have to be addressed at a premium. We have a rapidly rising cap, a youth injection to the team, Liljegren (who may not even be kept) as our only significant re-signing, and 11m already coming off or being significantly reduced in a year. If Treliving screws this up, it's on Treliving, though I'm sure there will be a number that will try to pretend otherwise.
Come on man…….Marner is totally awful in the playoffs and his attitude suck…….he actually thinks fans treat him like a god.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Come on man…….Marner is totally awful in the playoffs and his attitude suck…….he actually thinks fans treat him like a god.
Marner does not suck in the playoffs, and the only ones with a bad attitude are a subsection of fans. I don't care about portions of meaningless quotes that most people skew or misunderstand. I care about what's best for the team's success. That's keeping Marner. More importantly to the post I responded to, even if you want to trade him because "playoffs", "attitude", or because he said something you dislike, it doesn't change that nothing about his contract forces the Leafs to move him. He earns his contract, we have plenty of cap space, replacing his impacts would be more expensive, and there's no specific expenditure that we need that money for this year. If we do make the bad decision to move him, that is an unnecessary choice Treliving would be making, and it is his responsibility to not screw it up.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Marner does not suck in the playoffs, and the only ones with a bad attitude are a subsection of fans. I don't care about portions of meaningless quotes that most people skew or misunderstand. I care about what's best for the team's success. That's keeping Marner. More importantly to the post I responded to, even if you want to trade him because "playoffs", "attitude", or because he said something you dislike, it doesn't change that nothing about his contract forces the Leafs to move him. He earns his contract, we have plenty of cap space, replacing his impacts would be more expensive, and there's no specific expenditure that we need that money for this year. If we do make the bad decision to move him, that is an unnecessary choice Treliving would be making, and it is his responsibility to not screw it up.
And yet we continue to lose in the first round.
Dubas and Marner have a total of 1 round win in his 5 years.
Individually his contract does not prohibit us getting better players but the 4 amigos collectively take to much money without a good return……..year after year of playoff failure

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
How did lame florida win a cup and not the leafs
They haven't won a Cup.

And yet we continue to lose in the first round.
Dubas and Marner have a total of 1 round win in his 5 years.
Individually his contract does not prohibit us getting better players but the 4 amigos collectively take to much money without a good return……..year after year of playoff failure
Those two and the rest of the team.

Reactions: bax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad