Brad Treliving- 1st year complete.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the first season based on your expectations.

• Exceeded my Expectations

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Met my Expectations

Votes: 114 60.3%
  • Failed to Meet my Expectations

Votes: 65 34.4%

• Total voters

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
If it's true that Treliving and Shanahan want to re-sign Marner, then I would hope Ownership wakes up, and fires both before this team becomes even worse in the long run.

Sadly, I can't see our Ownership being that smart, so might as well just wait for the inevitable now.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
under newGM, the team made enormous strides.

losing in game 7 of the first round is uncharted territory for this team.

well done, newGM. hip hip hooray. hip hip hooray.
The New GM needs to learn some lessons, he is right there, he is very close, pretty sure he earned respect when he shakes hands with other GM

Reactions: saffronleaf

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
The Woll signing this clown just did was beyond stupid. Overpaid Woll by at least 2 mil. That goalie is worth 1.5 to 2 mil based on his games played record and even then its still high. In 3 years he has played a total of 36 games. Thats at least 2 million less we can give another player. Now is he going to sign a 5 to 6 million starter? At this stage Woll is a back up tender until he gets more experience. A 6 million dollar starter means we will have 10 million tied up in goalies. If Woll is the starter, the leafs are in big trouble. Not to mention he is made of glass so far. Avs are my favourite team, how do die hard leaf fans deal with constant supply of mediocrity?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The Woll signing this clown just did was beyond stupid. Overpaid Woll by at least 2 mil. That goalie is worth 1.5 to 2 mil based on his games played record and even then its still high. In 3 years he has played a total of 36 games. Thats at least 2 million less we can give another player. Now is he going to sign a 5 to 6 million starter? At this stage Woll is a back up tender until he gets more experience. A 6 million dollar starter means we will have 10 million tied up in goalies. If Woll is the starter, the leafs are in big trouble. Not to mention he is made of glass so far. Avs are my favourite team, how do die hard leaf fans deal with constant supply of mediocrity?
3/4 of the fans are conditioned to accept it, the other quarter can’t change it.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

Treliving is no better or no worse then the last5 years of playoff hell that Dubas bought us with the 4 amigos.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Treliving is no better or no worse then the last5 years of playoff hell that Dubas bought us with the 4 amigos.
I think he signs Tanev or Roy. Possibly Pesce and the D starts to come together.

If by chance he can and decides to move Marner, I think he could really make quite a difference to the roster this year.

If not, he can take some baby steps and wait til JT comes off the books.

Zack47

Oct 21, 2017
Constant mediocrity.. that is the phrase here that drew my attention. My question is: why can't the Leafs do anything bold? This applies to all current Toronto sports teams -- plodding, second rate decisions everywhere. No courage, no vision, no going for it. Ottawa and NJ somehow get the goalies we need, meanwhile, Woll will miss 2 weeks every time he stubs his toe.

Here we go... how time smooths out everything and we fade into same old, same old, including Marner. I don't want to see him on the ice any more.

Reactions: ToneDog

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Constant mediocrity.. that is the phrase here that drew my attention. My question is: why can't the Leafs do anything bold? This applies to all current Toronto sports teams -- plodding, second rate decisions everywhere. No courage, no vision, no going for it. Ottawa and NJ somehow get the goalies we need, meanwhile, Woll will miss 2 weeks every time he stubs his toe.

Here we go... how time smooths out everything and we fade into same old, same old, including Marner. I don't want to see him on the ice any more.
Last season doesn't technically end until June 30 and the new season starts in 3 months or so.
They've made a Coaching change, it's silly to think that nothing else will change between now and then.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I do not think an experienced GM could do worse than Dubas in his last 5 years in command. 6 years later we are looking for 2 top 4 dmen and our only goalie has 29 NHL games experience and is made of glass.

Add that your core is overpaid and afraid of it's own shadow and here we are.

Get to work Tre and stop overpaying.

Reactions: Racer88

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I do not think an experienced GM could do worse than Dubas in his last 5 years in command. 6 years later we are looking for 2 top 4 dmen and our only goalie has 29 NHL games experience and is made of glass.

Add that your core is overpaid and afraid of it's own shadow and here we are.

Get to work Tre and stop overpaying.
Gee, I dunno Brian Burke and Dave nonis had experience and my memory has it that I didn't enjoy a minute if their tenure here. But my metrics of judging good and bad seem to be quite different than many people here.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Gee, I dunno Brian Burke and Dave nonis had experience and my memory has it that I didn't enjoy a minute if their tenure here. But my metrics of judging good and bad seem to be quite different than many people here.
Hated Burke. Difference is Burke inherited a shitty team, while Dubas took over a 100+ point team with 3 superstars on ELCs. Nonnis, barely had a cup of coffee as GM but he did draft Nylander.

It takes quite of bit of incompetence to only win 1 game in round 2 in 5 years when you were handed a core of Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, Andersen, and Rielly and foot soldiers in Kapanen, Brown, and Hyman. Shit I forgot, Lou left him one year of Marleau which Dubas fumbled worse than Leon McQuay.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Hated Burke. Difference is Burke inherited a shitty team, while Dubas took over a 100+ point team with 3 superstars on ELCs. Nonnis, barely had a cup of coffee as GM but he did draft Nylander.

It takes quite of bit of incompetence to only win 1 game in round 2 in 5 years when you were handed a core of Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, Andersen, and Rielly and foot soldiers in Kapanen, Brown, and Hyman. Shit I forgot, Lou left him one year of Marleau which Dubas fumbled worse than Leon McQuay.

The superstars he inherited are terrible in the playoffs I thought...

so who cares if they are superstars in the regular season?

I never understand this lack of logic.

"He inherited this team, so he should get no credit, also, the team he inherited didn't win enough in the playoffs, so he should get all the blame."

Make this make sense, please.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

Nonis' job was basically to tank for Matthews. From that perspective, he was the most successful GM we've had in a long time. Throw in Nylander and he gets the credit for our two best players.

Reactions: ToneDog

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021

Burke inherited a shifty team and kept it a shifty team AND left us Dave Nonis his right hand dufus I have mixed feelings on dubas - a crime here I know. Made some idiotic decisions and made some gambles yhat blew up in his face. Gambles I never would have made, but all in all better than Burke, jfj and nonis , low bar to be sure but still better and we have big mouths here with no sense and want to dump a superstar for nothing because they feel let down and their feelings mean more than logic

Reactions: Mr_Fun

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The superstars he inherited are terrible in the playoffs I thought...

so who cares if they are superstars in the regular season?

I never understand this lack of logic.

"He inherited this team, so he should get no credit, also, the team he inherited didn't win enough in the playoffs, so he should get all the blame."

Make this make sense, please.
He inherited three good players, for which he logically should not get credit, and the team he built around them hasn't done any much of anything in the playoffs, for which he logically should get at least part of the blame.

Makes perfect sense to anyone who isn't biased.

Reactions: rumman and ToneDog

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Burke inherited a shifty team and kept it a shifty team AND left us Dave Nonis his right hand dufus I have mixed feelings on dubas - a crime here I know. Made some idiotic decisions and made some gambles yhat blew up in his face. Gambles I never would have made, but all in all better than Burke, jfj and nonis , low bar to be sure but still better and we have big mouths here with no sense and want to dump a superstar for nothing because they feel let down and their feelings mean more than logic
Sad thing is Stellick, Floyd and Mike Smith and JFJ were also bad. Other than Quinn and Fletch, our GMs have been terrible.

Sensible fans do not want to dump Marner. Trade him in order to change something that clearly does not work and not going through a second cycle of overpaying the 3 amigos. These 3 have proven they do not have or are not willing to give what it takes to win a SC. Gotta go in a different direction at this point.

Reactions: rumman

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
He inherited three good players, for which he logically should not get credit, and the team he built around them hasn't done any much of anything in the playoffs, for which he logically should get at least part of the blame.

The same 3 amigos in diapers took Washington to 6 and Boston to 7. Dubas was able to get them one win in round 2 in 5 attempts and it cost of a good chunk of our future. Lou only traded one (late) first for a #1G and 2nds for two plugs at two TDLs. Dubas was a clown show when it came to trading picks to fix mistakes and at the TDL to retain because he put us in cap hell.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

But it is all the core's fault that we suck in the playoffs I thought.

And this would mean he inherited bad players.

It's still not making sense, your post is illogical.

Try again?

Reactions: Dekes For Days

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Drop your weird bias towards Dubas and actually read and think about what I wrote, and you will see how perfectly logical it is.

It's idiotic.

He inherited 3 players who struggle in the playoffs, that is what I read daily here.

They are not good based on the consensus here.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Nonis' job was basically to tank for Matthews. From that perspective, he was the most successful GM we've had in a long time. Throw in Nylander and he gets the credit for our two best players.
Nonis job was the opposite of tanking and was pretty obvious with the Bolland, Bernier and Clarkson moves.

He was fired after his aspiring playoff team bottomed out into a top 5 pick (Marner) which he never made.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

We went from losing in game 5 last year to game 7 this time

Matthews scored a goal this time. That must show growth

So we made strides:sarcasm:

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad