Brad Treliving- 1st year complete.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rate the first season based on your expectations.

• Exceeded my Expectations

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Met my Expectations

Votes: 115 59.6%
  • Failed to Meet my Expectations

Votes: 68 35.2%

• Total voters

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I’ll see you next rebuild when that happens.
I was ok with the tank year. At least we knew what they were doing and we had hope going forward. Looking like they will run this crap build over again for the 9th year is just disheartening. If they think this core is all of a sudden become playoff monsters they are delusional
Let’s spend 50 cents on goal tending and 5 out of their 6 d men, maybe this year the gods will rise to the occasion……….great plan

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
His best move was signing Jones.

Let that one sink in for a minute. The third string goaltender was, by far, the best move he made this first year. Which I guess makes going with Samsonov/Woll his worst move.

Considering one kept getting hurt, as expected, and the other stunk in the playoffs, as expected, I think that's accurate.

Knowledgeable fans were decrying goaltending from the beginning. The Leafs get "goalied" in the playoffs every year and the solution is to get even cheaper. Fans are sick from drinking out of the same well.

One body at the bottom of a well poisons the water.

And the corpses are piled deep in this one. As bloated as ML$E's bottom line. After last year's goaltending meltdown there's at least one more added onto the pile.

If Treliving wants to redeem himself this year he better finally fix the most important position in the game.
No, signing Domi, Benoit, Bert and Reaves were better. Jones did have his moments too.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
I don’t think there is a happy medium with this teams fan base it’s either someone is shit get rid of them or giving high praise to someone who is mediocre so far without really accomplishing anything. Let this GM at least build an on ice product that exceeds the second round then we can give him some praise. Everything else now is just tinkering that he is doing without much accomplishment.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
In fairness the consensus if a player was to be traded it would be nylander so I'm glad he didn't pull the trigger well see how he moves going forward
Yes. Trading Marner at the time would have been a 'panic' move. He waited, and signed the better player long-term.

With the way Dubas had set the pay scale, I doubt he could have signed Nylander for much less, even if he had done it sooner.

Last edited:
Reactions: arso40 and ToneDog

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
I had him build an average team, but this was a f***ing joke. We need good players period. No wonder no one wants to play hockey anymore.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Don’t get your hopes up Rory as @Menzinger so wisely puts it “they may make changes, they may not.” Nostradamus like insight……..
I think Nostradamus made a prediction about paying 4 forwards half the cap already.
1717416510806.jpeg

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don’t think there is a happy medium with this teams fan base it’s either someone is shit get rid of them or giving high praise to someone who is mediocre so far without really accomplishing anything. Let this GM at least build an on ice product that exceeds the second round then we can give him some praise. Everything else now is just tinkering that he is doing without much accomplishment.
He’s signed a handful of “dime a dozen” players. The Leafs need top end talent, especially on D, but also F and G.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Don’t get your hopes up Rory as @Menzinger so wisely puts it “they may make changes, they may not.” Nostradamus like insight……..

Seems like an incredibly vague quote that could be talking about a number of different things. Don't be shocked if Tavares and Marner are still on the team next week though ;)

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This summer.
I’d be shocked if Mathews is moved, but as I’ve said many times I’d move anyone if it made the team better. Now someone propose a Utah trade that involves Mathews and Marner, their new owner wanted to make a splash, couldn’t make a bigger splash than that imo……..

Reactions: ToneDog

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’d be shocked if Mathews is moved, but as I’ve said many times I’d move anyone if it made the team better. Now someone propose a Utah trade that involves Mathews and Marner, their new owner wanted to make a splash, couldn’t make a bigger splash than that imo……..
It would absolutely be shocking, but it must be looked at if they’re serious about winning.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If you move Matthews, you have to blow it up and that is not happening. MLSEL needs more embarrassment to get to that point. I'd settle for moving the guy who throws hissy fits on the bench and is afraid of his shadow on the ice.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If you move Matthews, you have to blow it up and that is not happening. MLSEL needs more embarrassment to get to that point. I'd settle for moving the guy who throws hissy fits on the bench and is afraid of his shadow on the ice.
Well it’s how Rome was built…….brick by brick. I probably won’t be around when they finally get their shit together………

It would absolutely be shocking, but it must be looked at if they’re serious about winning.
Roger that, Tre had better be sitting in a tub of Miracle Grow to pull that one off………

I'm hoping one or both are gone by July 4th at the latest so we can celebrate on Canada Day or Independence Day or both.
Haven’t the Liberals cancelled Canada Day for the last couple of years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad