Proposal: BOS/VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Huh? He has 41 in 35. That’s 82 in 70 game pace. That’s really nothing special at all being an 18 year old 1st round pick.
For context:
Clarke: 52 in 44 as a D
Guenther: 65 in 44
Othman: 73 in 48
Bolduc: 58 in 41

Thise are just the guys ahead of him. Guys behind him are doing better (Bourgoult, Johnston). Lysell hasn’t lost ground, but he certainly hasn’t done anything to drastically increase his stock from a ~20th overall pick

I’d love to hear the argument as to why you think he’s now worth a top 10 pick in a redraft ?

Which player would you rather have?

player a 20-20-40 in 46 games
player b 12-25-37 in 45 games

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Any 1st round picks that were projected to
go top ten and slip to a team who rarely has the opportunity to draft those types of players rarely gets moved especially considering the season he is having in his D +1 year. GM’s just don’t it, it’s like Forsberg for Erat. A stain you can’t ever recover from.

As others have said he isn’t being moved for a small winger like Garland it would be for a much bigger acquisition (no pun intended)
Especially the season he’s having? The season he’s having is very, very ordinary. Just look at what the other players in the CHL drafted in the 1st, or even second round, are doing.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Huh? He has 41 in 35. That’s 82 in 70 game pace. That’s really nothing special at all being an 18 year old 1st round pick.
For context:
Clarke: 52 in 44 as a D
Guenther: 65 in 44
Othman: 73 in 48
Bolduc: 58 in 41

Thise are just the guys ahead of him. Guys behind him are doing better (Bourgoult, Johnston). Lysell hasn’t lost ground, but he certainly hasn’t done anything to drastically increase his stock from a ~20th overall pick

I’d love to hear the argument as to why you think he’s now worth a top 10 pick in a redraft ?

Just like Garland is equal to Marchand because he has the same stats 5 on 5. We are not trading Lysell, come talk to me in three years about your draft picks

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If all it takes is looking at a stat sheet to tell who a better player is, not considering any other context, then you may do stupid shit like preferring to have Anthony Duclair over Matt Barzal.
Would you care to explain what Lysell has done to now be a top 10 pick? I’ll wait.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
‘Ordinary’ lmao
Have you seen the stats posted? Almost every single 1st round pick in the CHL is having a better year than him. An 82pt pace over 70 games from an offense first guy is expected, certainly not blowing anyone out of the water. It’s good, far from great. If this is some kind of amazing season, then what would you categorize the other players as?

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Have you seen the stats posted? Almost every single 1st round pick in the CHL is having a better year than him. An 82pt pace over 70 games from an offense first guy is expected, certainly not blowing anyone out of the water. It’s good, far from great. If this is some kind of amazing season, then what would you categorize the other players as?

Consensus of Bruins fans wouldn’t trade Lysell for Garland

Almost every trade for a top six player in the last decade was for a 1st + (rarely a teams #1 prospect)

This dude: Lysell + 1st for Garland

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
So you expect Boston to pony up that amount for Garland, like Vancouver did for Barry Pederson when they got Neely/first. Just because Vancouver overplayed for Garland doesn’t mean 31 other team will.

Consensus of Bruins fans wouldn’t trade Lysell for Garland

Almost every trade for a top six player in the last decade was for a 1st + (rarely a teams #1 prospect)

This dude: Lysell + 1st for Garland

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
would be interested in hearing from Canuck fans as to why Garland is available so shortly after being acquired? seems odd to have someone on the market after just acquiring him.
Not a Canucks fan, but I'll take a wild guess that it has something to do with mass firings that happened in between

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Would you care to explain what Lysell has done to now be a top 10 pick? I’ll wait.

I'll start off by saying that I never said he was a top 10.

That said I think a lot of people are lazily stat watching and poo pooing Lysell because when you stack his production up against some of his peers, as you did, it doesn't really jump at you as all that impressive but I think that's mainly contributed by two things.

1. This is his first season on NA ice and living on the other side of the world so there is going to be a learning curve.
2. Most importantly, he is a playmaking first winger who is on a rebuilding team that is very bad offensively. Justin Sourdif, who currently plays for the Oil Kings with Guenther and has for 15 games, is still 3rd on the team in points despite only playing 24 games for them. 4th on team Zack Ostapchuk has 28 points in 42 games. . It's not exactly a great position to rack up the points. For example the Oil Kings have 6 players besides Guenther who are PPG or over with another player one point shy and 6 players with 15 or more goals. The Giants, outside of Lysell, have zero of either. Their second highest scorer is Ty Thorpe with .84 PPG, he had only 6 points in 21 games last year as an 18-19 year old. It is not an apples to apples situation.

Who knows how that draft will turn out but I feel pretty confident that Lysell will be a top 6 player. IMO he could have played in the NHL this season in a reduced role similar to Seguin or Pastrnak in their draft+1 years as he has that "it" factor I haven't seen from a Bruins forward prospect since those two.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
I'll start off by saying that I never said he was a top 10.

That said I think a lot of people are lazily stat watching and poo pooing Lysell because when you stack his production up against some of his peers, as you did, it doesn't really jump at you as all that impressive but I think that's mainly contributed by two things.

1. This is his first season on NA ice and living on the other side of the world so there is going to be a learning curve.
2. Most importantly, he is a playmaking first winger who is on a rebuilding team that is very bad offensively. Justin Sourdif, who currently plays for the Oil Kings with Guenther and has for 15 games, is still 3rd on the team in points despite only playing 24 games for them. 4th on team Zack Ostapchuk has 28 points in 42 games. . It's not exactly a great position to rack up the points. For example the Oil Kings have 6 players besides Guenther who are PPG or over with another player one point shy and 6 players with 15 or more goals. The Giants, outside of Lysell, have zero of either. Their second highest scorer is Ty Thorpe with .84 PPG, he had only 6 points in 21 games last year as an 18-19 year old. It is not an apples to apples situation.

Who knows how that draft will turn out but I feel pretty confident that Lysell will be a top 6 player. IMO he could have played in the NHL this season in a reduced role similar to Seguin or Pastrnak in their draft+1 years as he has that "it" factor I haven't seen from a Bruins forward prospect since those two.
I feel confident I’m going to win the lottery, I guess it’s happening then.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
This debate is kind of boring. I like Garland a lot, but Lysell would be the best prospect traded at a deadline since Branstrom and that was for a signed Mark Stone. Garland is not Mark Stone.

secondarily, the bruins asset pool is thin. Their roster players with value are all better than garland and their prospects are bottom third with lysell being the best by a long shot. They have priority needs at center and lhd. RW is a nice to have. I’d be surprised if they spent on that.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Switch Garland to Pearson.
Oh YES let us give up more for a player that’s 4 almost 5 years older and will still have too play behind Marchand and Hall great logic bro..

The guys proposal wasn’t that far off but please troll away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad