Proposal: BOS/VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Other than Mcavoy, nothing I want from that Boston aging core. No deal here.
Well I guess Vancouver is glad you are not the GM as Pastrnak is not exactly over the hill and he can produce. He is the same age as your treasured Garland whom you overpaid for.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Consensus of Bruins fans wouldn’t trade Lysell for Garland

Almost every trade for a top six player in the last decade was for a 1st + (rarely a teams #1 prospect)

This dude: Lysell + 1st for Garland
Please show me one single post of me saying Lysell + 1st. Just one.

You do realize the value of a 1st + is Lysell, right? Like holy hell hahah

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Have you watched him play? Points aren’t everything. Please if you haven’t even watched him skate don’t keep asking these dumb questions
I’m still waiting to hear what makes him top 10? You’re the one saying a guy drafted 21st with average production is a top 10 prospect, so show your work

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
He said Connor Garland not Pavel Bure. Lysell is not being traded for the like of Connor Fing Garland, not even straight up.

Such a classic HFBoards “take the mystery box” post.

If Lysell hits his absolute NHL ceiling he might become Garland’s equal. He could just as easily be Alex Nylander.

Reactions: gianni

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’m still waiting to hear what makes him top 10? You’re the one saying a guy drafted 21st with average production is a top 10 prospect, so show your work

His predraft rank was all over the place.

2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile: Fabian Lysell would be a smart, sound addition to any team

The ranking you are quoting was on the low end. Of course Bruins fans are going to see all the reasons he fits the better rankings and I think it’s a super valid point that a play making wing on a shit team with no finishers is going to have depressed stats. This ain’t Barzal playing on a super team.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Other than Mcavoy, nothing I want from that Boston aging core. No deal here.
These are the dumbest posts you see on HF. Forget bad proposals. The your team has no pieces I’d want is so absurd. Because who in their right mind would want an old player like 25yr old Pastarnak. Maybe the Nucks could use some of that veteran presence. The aging core is getting us back into the post season.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo
Feb 19, 2018
Well I guess Vancouver is glad you are not the GM as Pastrnak is not exactly over the hill and he can produce. He is the same age as your treasured Garland whom you overpaid for.
So he’s not untouchable? Ok, since he’s available what would you like? I just assumed he was off the table. I personally don’t like my best players to be wingers but what does Boston want?

Feb 19, 2018
These are the dumbest posts you see on HF. Forget bad proposals. The your team has no pieces I’d want is so absurd. Because who in their right mind would want an old player like 25yr old Pastarnak. Maybe the Nucks could use some of that veteran presence. The aging core is getting us back into the post season.
Again I assumed he’s untouchable, no way you’d make a dumb comment if he wasn’t available. So what is the ask? If you tell me he’s untouchable you just wasted my time and proved nothing as a point.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Consensus of Bruins fans wouldn’t trade Lysell for Garland

Almost every trade for a top six player in the last decade was for a 1st + (rarely a teams #1 prospect)

This dude: Lysell + 1st for Garland
That won’t be happening- DeBrusk & first I could see and DeBrusk once away from Cassidy should be 25+
Still got to think Horvat not Garland

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
His predraft rank was all over the place.

2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile: Fabian Lysell would be a smart, sound addition to any team

The ranking you are quoting was on the low end. Of course Bruins fans are going to see all the reasons he fits the better rankings and I think it’s a super valid point that a play making wing on a shit team with no finishers is going to have depressed stats. This ain’t Barzal playing on a super team.
That’s all guess work though. Usually in junior, if you’re truly elite you’ll put up points regardless. Garland himself put up like SIXTY more points than his next closest teammate in his last year in junior …

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
That won’t be happening- DeBrusk & first I could see and DeBrusk once away from Cassidy should be 25+
Still got to think Horvat not Garland

there was a recent report that debrusks reason for trade request is not due to his relationship with cassidy, its higher up

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Have you watched him play? Points aren’t everything. Please if you haven’t even watched him skate don’t keep asking these dumb questions

I think lysell hasnt outperformed enough of his peers to this point from the 2021 draft to be considered a top 10 pick yet. While hes moved up ahead of others picked before him i also think players like stankoven and raty for example drafted after him have jumped ahead of lysell to this point also. Maybe he goes a few spots higher in a redraft but id be hardpressed to say with authority it would even be top 15.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Would you really do this as a Canucks fan?? I definitely wouldn't.

Lysell is a nice little prospect, but far from a sure thing. Debrusk is a slug, and it would be a late 1st...
I'm not trading our Captain for that. Pearson is not a cap dump either, he'd be a solid add for a contender looking for veteran depth.

DeBrusk is no slug, give your head a serious shake.

Feb 19, 2018
Yes you need to say MUCH MORE because the add to DeBrusk means everything...lol. How obtuse are you?

DeBrusk and a '22 2nd I do and nothing more. DeBrusk has a higher ceiling than Garland.
The guy we are looking to trade as well? Let’s just field a team full of wingers while we are at it with Debrusk and Pasternak. You’re definitely a Benning fan with your lack of foresight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad