Value of: Boeser to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Your response is completely inaccurate, again. Clearly you have no further relevant information to add, considering you've ignored the heaps of evidence/information I provided explaining the aforementioned prospects, instead reverting to your gut feeling of "lmao bad prospects". Laughable response and I know you're hilariously wrong in this discussion.

Again, your read on the Reinhart valuation is wrong too. Reinhart was in exactly the same contract situation as Boeser is now: Pending RFA with only one season of RFA eligibility left. Did Reinhart want to leave? Sure. That didn't/shouldn't have forced Buffalo's hand, as they've clearly shown a willingness to wait it out. And I like how you just ignored the Buchnevich comparable because it also clearly contradicts your view.

Wrong on all counts. Nice try man.

Look I don't think the prospects you want are bums just not good enough to get Boeser, one was a late pick in a weak draft, and projects to be a middle pairing dman how am I wrong about that?

The other projects to be a middle six forward and we are full of those. How am I wrong about that?

Reinhart got traded in the offseason, not at the beginning of the season and yes, wanted out, those are completely different situations.

I honestly didn't notice the Buchnevich comparable but since you mentioned it, Buchnevich also got traded in the off season and the rangers knew they couldn't re-sign him, again completely different situation. So really does it contradict me?.....

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Look I don't think the prospects you want are bums just not good enough to get Boeser, one was a late pick in a weak draft, and projects to be a middle pairing dman how am I wrong about that?

The other projects to be a middle six forward and we are full of those. How am I wrong about that?

Reinhart got traded in the offseason, not at the beginning of the season and yes, wanted out, those are completely different situations.

I honestly didn't notice the Buchnevich comparable but since you mentioned it, Buchnevich also got traded in the off season and the rangers knew they couldn't re-sign him, again completely different situation. So really does it contradict me?.....

If you're so knowledgable about value, what are the relevant comparables to Boeser that were recently traded, and what were their returns?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
You're complaining to me about valuation, and then you're gonna say Mark Stone (one of the top-five wingers in the game) is comparable to Boeser.

Okay.

Pacioretty is closer.

They are comparable because both were top line forwards. I'll agree that Stone was the better player but Ottawa had to trade him because he wanted out and they couldn't afford him. Which is why he didn't get more.

We don't have to trade Boeser and there is no indication we can't afford him. There for I feel we can get as much as Stone, if we traded him.

Last edited:

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I haven't been following Barron and Helleson but the knowledgeable fans on the Avs board think both have NHL potential with Helleson being slightly closer and the defensive D-man of the two. Barron is the more all around guy from what I understand but one of more in the know fans thought even more highly of Behrens than the other two. And the early season feedback on Olausson was very positive. So when I read your post, I thought this guy is no dummy and he's got his eye on the future. It's really weird because Avs haven't traditionally developed later picks and I want to see our organization actually graduate these guys into everyday NHL players. That's the next step.

I don't follow the Canucks so I can't say what fair value is. Given Compher's hot start and HC JB's love affair with him, I don't see the Avs trading him.

How much for JT Miller?
A first and a prospect

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
You're complaining to me about valuation, and then you're gonna say Mark Stone (one of the top-five wingers in the game) is comparable to Boeser.

Okay.

Pacioretty is closer.
Mark Stone was a pending UFA when he got traded, and was older than Boeser is right now. That brought his value down significantly.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Boeser + 3rd for Newhook + Burakovsky makes sense to me.

Colorado upgrades immediately, Vancouver returns an A centre prospect who could replace Horvat/Miller if they are priced out. Bura helps them somewhat replace Boeser's production in the short term but is also a UFA at the end of the year giving them a tryout/flexibility.

Might seem pricey to Avs fans but Boeser is a surefire top 6 winger and they need depth scoring pretty badly.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Boeser is a luxury, zero interest in giving up assets for him. He's a marginal upgrade to Bura who may be a cap casualty, and we want to add a more expensive winger?
Marginal upgrade on Bura??? Is that the Bura with 102 goals in 447 games is a marginal downgrade on he player with 100 goals in 260 games - both scoring top 6 wingers? I can't believe how clueless so many Avs posters are on this site regarding players not on their team. I mean if that's a marginal difference how about Horvat for McKinnon, I mean MacKinnon is marginally better but....

Reactions: Ace of Hades

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Marginal upgrade on Bura??? Is that the Bura with 102 goals in 447 games is a marginal downgrade on he player with 100 goals in 260 games - both scoring top 6 wingers? I can't believe how clueless so many Avs posters are on this site regarding players not on their team. I mean if that's a marginal difference how about Horvat for McKinnon, I mean MacKinnon is marginally better but....

Weird how players can get better, and their whole career doesn't show how they're perform currently? If you look at the stats that are relevant, mainly since Bura has been traded to Colorado:

Burakovsky -
Regular season: 119 games, 40 goals, 53 assists, 93 pts.
Playoffs: 25 games, 8 goals, 13 assists, 21 pts

Boeser -
Regular season: 120 games, 41 goals, 56 assists, 97 pts.
Playoffs: 17 games, 4 goals, 7 assists, 11 pts.

But by your logic, I guess JT Miller is still a 52 pt player since the only thing that matters is their career stats, right?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Weird how players can get better, and their whole career doesn't show how they're perform currently? If you look at the stats that are relevant, mainly since Bura has been traded to Colorado:

Burakovsky -
Regular season: 119 games, 40 goals, 53 assists, 93 pts.
Playoffs: 25 games, 8 goals, 13 assists, 21 pts

Boeser -
Regular season: 120 games, 41 goals, 56 assists, 97 pts.
Playoffs: 17 games, 4 goals, 7 assists, 11 pts.

But by your logic, I guess JT Miller is still a 52 pt player since the only thing that matters is their career stats, right?
So what you're saying is Bura can get better in his 24-26 year old seasons but Boeser won't? Boeser is 2 years behind Bura in development and still produces at a better rate.

Reactions: Cogburn

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
So what you're saying is Bura can get better in his 24-26 year old seasons but Boeser won't? Boeser is 2 years behind Bura in development and still produces at a better rate.

Nobody is talking about future Boeser, i'm comparing the players right now. As of today, Boeser is a marginal upgrade to Bura. The Avs' window isn't when/if Boeser takes the next step, it's right now. The Avs would rather have Miller than Boeser, because he's the better player right now. That doesn't mean he'll have a better career than Boeser, simply he's a better player right now.

But that wasn't my original argument, nor was it yours.

Reactions: flyfysher

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Nobody is talking about future Boeser, i'm comparing the players right now. As of today, Boeser is a marginal upgrade to Bura. The Avs' window isn't when/if Boeser takes the next step, it's right now. The Avs would rather have Miller than Boeser, because he's the better player right now. That doesn't mean he'll have a better career than Boeser, simply he's a better player right now.

Obviously its not worth the discussion because Boeser is far better than Bura and if you aren't looking at how a player will progress and develop its very short sighted and pointless discussion anyway.
Bura - yr 1 - 0.42 ppg / 0.16 gpg
yr 2 - 0.48 ppg / 0.22 gpg
yr 3 - 0.54 ppg / 0.19 gpg
yr 4 - 0.44 ppg / 0.21 gpg
yr 5 - 0.32 ppg / 0.16 gpg

Boeser - yr 1 - 0.56 ppg / 0.44 gpg
yr 2 - 0.89 ppg / 0.47 gpg
yr 3 - 0.81 ppg / 0.38 gpg
yr 4 - 0.79 ppg / 0.28 gpg
yr 5 - 0.88 ppg / 0.41 gpg

I will take Boeser and what he has accomplished 10 times out of 10 to call him a marginal upgrade is ignorant.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Anddddd the radical underrating of Boeser continues.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Why are Canuck fans so determined to compare 60 point players to 90+ point players? Boeser isn’t in the same realm as rantanen.. pettersson was compared to a Mack offer in another thread, come on now.. Although I do agree this offer is nowhere near enough for brock.

In his post, he literally says "those 2 are better players than boeser"...

exhibit A: why one should read the full post before replying.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
In his post, he literally says "those 2 are better players than boeser"...

exhibit A: why one should read the full post before replying.
yeah but acknowledging that doesn't allow the poster to continue being a prick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad