Value of: Boeser to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I wish Compher would get traded so his name would stop being used as the center piece for packages. The guy is 26 and I feel like he's reached trade board legend status already.

Last edited:

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Avs fans in general should just stop making trade offers right now...

After the Kuemper deal we simply do not have the type of assets needed to realistically make a bigger deal in the near future..
Unless we do something really stupid like trade a guy like Newhook or Girard for something braindead like Hertl (not talking about the player who is obviously great but makes 0 sense for the Avs considering his age, injury history and contract status).

The one slight potential exemption was a trade for a retained Eichel which obviously isn't happening so Avs fans should just stop wasting the time of everybody by posting either garbage deals around Compher, Barron or Kaut which no other fanbase wants for basically anything (rightfully so) or garbage deals for the Avs that involves pieces like Girard or Newhook which the Avs should never, ever even consider.
I agree in general with the bolded.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Isn't Kaut your standard AHL fodder type at this point?
As an Av's fan, there is nothing of significant value in this deal. Kaut ceiling is bottom six at this point, he's still young so being on elc is nice, but development has stalled for him. Hellseson maybe becomes a bottom pair guy if he makes the NHL.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Something including one of Bryam or Newhook. We're going to be in a bit of a cap crunch soon, so having a young player on an entry level deal that can contribute would be key.

With that said why don't you guys just recall Newhook?

With Hughes and OEL already signed long term at LD, Byram doesn't really make sense, so I think Newhook would be the centerpiece of a Boeser deal...

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I wish Compher would get traded so his name would stop being used as the center piece for packages. The guy is 26 and I feel like he's reach trade board legend status already.
Dude is like the only depth player performing right now on an injury plagued roster and everyone still trying to trade him

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Because one chapter in the story of Compher does not erase the rest of the novel.
Sure, but he had one shortened season of bad production and was a fine depth player before. It's not like we have any depth coming up behind him and I'm guessing he still has negative trade value.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If the Canucks want to move on from Boeser (which is a possibility now more than ever, if Garland continues to play well and Podkolzin's development stays on track) it'll be for a top-4 RD or a gem prospect + pick.

Not scraps.

Reactions: Canuck86

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
We want to get a top 6 player sadly we have to start with a package of Newhook or Byram (hell no).

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I'm in the minority camp that would be open to moving Boeser (despite being probably his biggest booster on HFCanucks). But looking where the organization is, whatever semblance of a "competitive window" they have, and the contract statuses of Boeser/Horvat/Miller, the Canucks are basically staring at a situation where they'll be forced to move out those three and begin a new rebuild/retool.

I'd want Newhook in a Boeser trade. Avs fans won't like that though. I think Byram is rightfully off the table.

It would have to be something like Olausson + Helleson + Compher (as a cap dump) + compensation for cap dump (Sean Behrens).

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I'm in the minority camp that would be open to moving Boeser (despite being probably his biggest booster on HFCanucks). But looking where the organization is, whatever semblance of a "competitive window" they have, and the contract statuses of Boeser/Horvat/Miller, the Canucks are basically staring at a situation where they'll be forced to move out those three and begin a new rebuild/retool.

I'd want Newhook in a Boeser trade. Avs fans won't like that though. I think Byram is rightfully off the table.

It would have to be something like Olausson + Helleson + Compher (as a cap dump) + compensation for cap dump (Sean Behrens).

It would have to be more than that (Newhook or Byram) and we damn sure aren't taking a cap dump back.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
It would have to be more than that (Newhook or Byram) and we damn sure aren't taking a cap dump back.

Byram is quite plainly untouchable. That's just how it is.

Sure, I'd rather have Newhook and that's where negotiations should start in a hypothetical trade. I just don't see Colorado trading him though, short of acquiring a top-six center. Kadri is gone this offseason and Newhook is the likely replacement.

I don't see why you wouldn't take a cap dump back. If the Canucks are trading Boeser for futures, then you pretty much have to acknowledge they're not winning anytime soon. You take the camp dump to facilitate the deal, like Arizona did in the OEL/Garland trade. If you want Newhook for Boeser, it's simply not possible unless some kind of cap dump is sent back the other way.

You have to think these things through. Not issue some strange ultimatums.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Byram is quite plainly untouchable. That's just how it is.

Sure, I'd rather have Newhook and that's where negotiations should start in a hypothetical trade. I just don't see Colorado trading him though, short of acquiring a top-six center. Kadri is gone this offseason and Newhook is the likely replacement.

I don't see why you wouldn't take a cap dump back. If the Canucks are trading Boeser for futures, then you pretty much have to acknowledge they're not winning anytime soon. You take the camp dump to facilitate the deal, like Arizona did in the OEL/Garland trade. If you want Newhook for Boeser, it's simply not possible unless some kind of cap dump is sent back the other way.

You have to think these things through. Not issue some strange ultimatums.

If we were to trade Boeser we could get more than what you asked from the Av's from across the league and we wouldn't have to take a cap dump back unless the package was miles better.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
After countless garbage offers for Pettersson, it's clear Avalanche fans are not will to offer anything close to Boesers value to Canucks fans. Close this thread too.

Reactions: Nucker101

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
If we were to trade Boeser we could get more than what you asked from the Av's from across the league and we wouldn't have to take a cap dump back unless the package was miles better.

So now you're moving your goalposts. At first it was "we damn sure ain't taking a cap dump back", now you concede that the Canucks might have to take a cap dump back, particularly to get a stronger package.

Competitive teams are the only ones that would be interested in Boeser. Given the cap environment and general lack of cap space for most competitive teams, taking back a significant cap liability is probably necessary to facilitate any kind of trade.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
After countless garbage offers for Pettersson, it's clear Avalanche fans are not will to offer anything close to Boesers value to Canucks fans. Close this thread too.
Yeah, it's the usual quantity for quality, followed by the "you're overrating the guy I want on my team, he's not even that good! My 3-4 mediocre assets for your one good asset is a great offer!"

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Avs are in need of help of front. What would it take to get Boeser out of Vancouver?

Compher
Helleson
Kaut
2nd?

Not enough for the Canucks to consider moving him unfortunately, would have to start with Newhook not much else is enticing from the Avs that they might consider moving

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Why are Canuck fans so determined to compare 60 point players to 90+ point players? Boeser isn’t in the same realm as rantanen.. pettersson was compared to a Mack offer in another thread, come on now.. Although I do agree this offer is nowhere near enough for brock.

It is because every teams fans value their players differently. To the Canucks, Boeser is a very valuable player who holds as high of a value to the team as someone like Rantanen.

That to me anyway is the reasoning. I understand Boeser ain't at Rantanen's level, but value wise it makes 0 sense for the Canucks to move Boeser for a package of MEH that was in the original post

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
How is Barron playing in the AHL this year, he is still only 19? Was playing in the QMJHL when drafted, so would he not have to be in his age 20 season and it end before being eligible to play in the AHL?

If Colorado offered Newhook and Barron it might get the Canuck GM's attention. I see Newhook is down in the AHL this year or was just called up to the NHL, either way how is he as a C, how is he on faceoffs? He is sub 6ft, how does he use his frame against bigger opponents...does he shy away from getting hit or going hard after the puck in the corners or be aggressive and head to the net?

Is Newhook just a Jost 2.0, high pick who may be a decent 3rd liner in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad