Value of: Boeser to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Why are Canuck fans so determined to compare 60 point players to 90+ point players? Boeser isn’t in the same realm as rantanen.. pettersson was compared to a Mack offer in another thread, come on now.. Although I do agree this offer is nowhere near enough for brock.
Maybe try to make offers for our players that aren’t shit?

Or just stop making offers for our players period?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Boeser is a luxury, zero interest in giving up assets for him. He's a marginal upgrade to Bura who may be a cap casualty, and we want to add a more expensive winger?

Reactions: Patagonia

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Boeser would look sick in Colorado blue.

That said, I don't see a deal happening here.

Not that I want one as a Nucks fan...

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I'd offer a nice package for Boeser. I wouldn't subtract any significant players off the current roster so it'd be largely futures based.

Would honestly rather target a low end 1C to play 2C for us, but Boeser wouldn't be a bad addition.

Reactions: flyfysher

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Byram 1 for 1
After tonight's game I would put Byram into the untouchable category so much potential. He has probably been our best player so far this season. Would rather shop Girard or Newhook to pry a top 6 forward if injuries keeps piling.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
After tonight's game I would put Byram into the untouchable category so much potential. He has probably been our best player so far this season. Would rather shop Girard or Newhook to pry a top 6 forward if injuries keeps piling.
i can understand that. To be fair Boeser was our best player last year and just turned 24

Reactions: Spilot23

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not a deal that should interest Vancouver. Only Helleson slightly excites here. And you don’t get player of Boeser caliber for a kid playing in the NCAA as a junior that has middle pair potential.

Kaut shouldn’t excite and JTC is a dime a dozen bottom six forward. A late second?

I’m an Avs fan and I can’t come close to making this pencil for Vancouver.

lock it up. Toss the key.

Last edited:
Reactions: elitepete

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I'm in the minority camp that would be open to moving Boeser (despite being probably his biggest booster on HFCanucks). But looking where the organization is, whatever semblance of a "competitive window" they have, and the contract statuses of Boeser/Horvat/Miller, the Canucks are basically staring at a situation where they'll be forced to move out those three and begin a new rebuild/retool.

I'd want Newhook in a Boeser trade. Avs fans won't like that though. I think Byram is rightfully off the table.

It would have to be something like Olausson + Helleson + Compher (as a cap dump) + compensation for cap dump (Sean Behrens).

I haven't been following Barron and Helleson but the knowledgeable fans on the Avs board think both have NHL potential with Helleson being slightly closer and the defensive D-man of the two. Barron is the more all around guy from what I understand but one of more in the know fans thought even more highly of Behrens than the other two. And the early season feedback on Olausson was very positive. So when I read your post, I thought this guy is no dummy and he's got his eye on the future. It's really weird because Avs haven't traditionally developed later picks and I want to see our organization actually graduate these guys into everyday NHL players. That's the next step.

I don't follow the Canucks so I can't say what fair value is. Given Compher's hot start and HC JB's love affair with him, I don't see the Avs trading him.

How much for JT Miller?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
So now you're moving your goalposts. At first it was "we damn sure ain't taking a cap dump back", now you concede that the Canucks might have to take a cap dump back, particularly to get a stronger package.

Competitive teams are the only ones that would be interested in Boeser. Given the cap environment and general lack of cap space for most competitive teams, taking back a significant cap liability is probably necessary to facilitate any kind of trade.

I'm not moving any goal posts, when I initially responded to you I said in that specific case, "we damn sure ain't taking a capdump back" as in for the package we absolutely would not have to take a cap dump, then I continued that if we did trade Boeser we could get far more around the league, if that's all that Av's offered and if we wanted to trade Boeser of course.

Then I went on to say if we did trade Boeser and the opposite team wanted us to take a cap dump then the package would need to be miles better then what you initially wanted from the Av's.

If you really believe that all we could get for Boeser is two mediocre prospects, a low 2nd rounder and we somehow take a capdump back then I think you need to re-evaluate Boeser, you don't seem to understand value or the player at all.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I'm not moving any goal posts, when I initially responded to you I said in that specific case, "we damn sure ain't taking a capdump back" as in for the package we absolutely would not have to take a cap dump, then I continued that if we did trade Boeser we could get far more around the league, if that's all that Av's offered and if we wanted to trade Boeser of course.

Then I went on to say if we did trade Boeser and the opposite team wanted us to take a cap dump then the package would need to be miles better then what you initially wanted from the Av's.

If you really believe that all we could get for Boeser is two mediocre prospects, a low 2nd rounder and we somehow take a capdump back then I think you need to re-evaluate Boeser, you don't seem to understand value or the player at all.

My evaluation of Boeser is perfectly fine. Like I said, I'm probably one of (if not) the biggest Boeser booster on the Canucks board. Even when he wasn't scoring as much and people were criticizing him, I defended Boeser by (correctly) identifying that Boeser has made up for any perceived scoring deficiencies with a much-improved two-way game and forechecking ability.

The issue is that your opinions of the prospects I've identified are inaccurate. They're not at all mediocre prospects. Look at the post above yours. This is a guy who actually follows Colorado. Olausson was a first-round pick just this summer. Helleson will be an NHL player and fills a huge need for the team: big, physical, mobile, defensively effective RHD. He was probably USA's best defenseman a the WJC. And his production is coming along well in college too. Colorado fans are very high on him. Behrens IMO was one of the most underrated players in the draft, with incredible hockey sense and deft passing. I had him rated right along with Olen Zellweger, and that's probably where he should've been drafted around.

I would take you more seriously if you had any idea about the prospects you mentioned. These are three A-/B+ prospects. You want to talk about value? Sam Reinhart (who I'd probably rate roughly similarly to Boeser, and probably higher considering he can play center) was traded for a 1st + decent/good goaltending prospect. This package I've proposed is definitely better than that. Even if you want to factor in the cap dump, the additional prospect offsets it. Look at the Buchnevich deal. Again, this is a better package.

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I haven't been following Barron and Helleson but the knowledgeable fans on the Avs board think both have NHL potential with Helleson being slightly closer and the defensive D-man of the two. Barron is the more all around guy from what I understand but one of more in the know fans thought even more highly of Behrens than the other two. And the early season feedback on Olausson was very positive. So when I read your post, I thought this guy is no dummy and he's got his eye on the future. It's really weird because Avs haven't traditionally developed later picks and I want to see our organization actually graduate these guys into everyday NHL players. That's the next step.

I don't follow the Canucks so I can't say what fair value is. Given Compher's hot start and HC JB's love affair with him, I don't see the Avs trading him.

How much for JT Miller?

Yep. I try to at least keep tabs or stay informed on other teams' players/prospects if I'm going to talk about them, unlike some other people in this thread.

Based on his perceived value and the extra year on JT's cap-friendly contract (which the Canucks should retain on to facilitate the best return), I'd say certainly more than what I suggested for Boeser.

For Miller, I'd be asking in the Newhook+ territory. Otherwise, it would need to be a very large package.

Reactions: flyfysher

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
My evaluation of Boeser is perfectly fine. Like I said, I'm probably one of (if not) the biggest Boeser booster on the Canucks board. Even when he wasn't scoring as much and people were criticizing him, I defended Boeser by (correctly) identifying that Boeser has made up for any perceived scoring deficiencies with a much-improved two-way game and forechecking ability.

The issue is that your opinions of the prospects I've identified are inaccurate. They're not at all mediocre prospects. Look at the post above yours. This is a guy who actually follows Colorado. Olausson was a first-round pick just this summer. Helleson will be an NHL player and fills a huge need for the team: big, physical, mobile, defensively effective RHD. He was probably USA's best defenseman a the WJC. And his production is coming along well in college too. Colorado fans are very high on him. Behrens IMO was one of the most underrated players in the draft, with incredible hockey sense and deft passing. I had him rated right along with Olen Zellweger, and that's probably where he should've been drafted around.

I would take you more seriously if you had any idea about the prospects you mentioned. These are three A-/B+ prospects. You want to talk about value? Sam Reinhart (who I'd probably rate roughly similarly to Boeser, and probably higher considering he can play center) was traded for a 1st + decent/good goaltending prospect. This package I've proposed is definitely better than that. Even if you want to factor in the cap dump, the additional prospect offsets it. Look at the Buchnevich deal. Again, this is a better package.

Soooo a late pick in one of the weakest drafts in history, and a guy that Av's fans have said is at best a middle pairing dman and a late 2nd? Yah we can do better than that for our 1st line forward.

Using Reinhart who asked for a trade and needed to be re-signed as a comparable is hilarious as well, you know, because the situations are completely different.....

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Soooo a late pick in one of the weakest drafts in history, and a guy that Av's fans have said is at best a middle pairing dman and a late 2nd? Yah we can do better than that for our 1st line forward.

Using Reinhart who asked for a trade and needed to be re-signed as a comparable is hilarious as well, you know, because the situations are completely different.....

Your response is completely inaccurate, again. Clearly you have no further relevant information to add, considering you've ignored the heaps of evidence/information I provided explaining the aforementioned prospects, instead reverting to your gut feeling of "lmao bad prospects". Laughable response and I know you're hilariously wrong in this discussion.

Again, your read on the Reinhart valuation is wrong too. Reinhart was in exactly the same contract situation as Boeser is now: Pending RFA with only one season of RFA eligibility left. Did Reinhart want to leave? Sure. That didn't/shouldn't have forced Buffalo's hand, as they've clearly shown a willingness to wait it out. And I like how you just ignored the Buchnevich comparable because it also clearly contradicts your view.

Wrong on all counts. Nice try man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad