Value of: Boeser to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
cool keep Bura, Vancouver fans didn't ask for him and are clearly not interested. I would suggest starting a poll and see how that works out for the Bura vs Boeser debate.

Cool, no Avs fan is interested in the cost to get Boeser either. I guess you need a bit of help in reading comprehension, considering I’ve never said Bura was better than Boeser, simply that he was a marginal upgrade.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Cool, no Avs fan is interested in the cost to get Boeser either. I guess you need a bit of help in reading comprehension, considering I’ve never said Bura was better than Boeser, simply that he was a marginal upgrade.

Yet an Av's fan started this whole thread asking for Boeser, amazing considering "no av's fan is interested in the cost to get Boeser".......

Reactions: Cogburn

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yet an Av's fan started this whole thread asking for Boeser, amazing considering "no av's fan is interested in the cost to get Boeser".......

Are you willing to let Boeser go for OP's package? No? Great, then my statement still stands, since Boeser's value is higher than what OP offered.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Are you willing to let Boeser go for OP's package? No? Great, then my statement still stands, since Boeser's value is higher than what OP offered.

No reasonable person who understand simple value would let Boeser go for OP's package, tell the rest of your fanbase we aren't willing to sell low on Boeser or Pettersson

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
Boeser for Girard is more of interest as a starting point for Canucks fans but doubt Avs fans are interested, even though Girard was rumoured to be the centerpiece for a potential Eichel deal.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Boeser for Girard is more of interest as a starting point for Canucks fans but doubt Avs fans are interested, even though Girard was rumoured to be the centerpiece for a potential Eichel deal.

I think with the emergence of Byram, its definitely possible Girard is available or at least becomes more available over the next year.... But I also think at this point he would only be available for a long term solution at 2C for us. That's our single biggest area of weakness overall right now. Kadri is playing well so far this year and playing the role just fine for now, but he's not going to be re-signed and it doesn't look like Newhook is ready to take over that spot yet by any means for next year.

So with G likely being by far our most valuable trade chip, he would almost have to be moved for a Center at this stage. Which unfortunately Boeser is not.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Girard is redundant on the Canucks. They would also have add on top of Girard.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Undersized left handed offensive dman is not a need. Hughes, OEL and Rathbone for the long term. Investing an asset like Boeser in that position is the worst possible use of the trade chip. Girard is a very good young 2nd pairing dman on a good contract, and young enough to improve. But the Canucks have way bigger needs that a Girard. As of now we have $16+ million invested in offensive LHD. If the Canucks move Boeser it better be for a RHD and preferably one that could compliment Hughes eventually. My ideal would be a Cernak type player. If we can’t get that then what’s the use of moving the guy. As for the Center piece in an Eichel deal…probably explains why he’s in Vegas.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Undersized left handed offensive dman is not a need. Hughes, OEL and Rathbone for the long term. Investing an asset like Boeser in that position is the worst possible use of the trade chip. Girard is a very good young 2nd pairing dman on a good contract, and young enough to improve. But the Canucks have way bigger needs that a Girard. As of now we have $16+ million invested in offensive LHD. If the Canucks move Boeser it better be for a RHD and preferably one that could compliment Hughes eventually. My ideal would be a Cernak type player. If we can’t get that then what’s the use of moving the guy. As for the Center piece in an Eichel deal…probably explains why he’s in Vegas.

Who is the undersized offensive dman in this scenario? Sam Girard? If so, hysterical description.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
not at all.. Burakovsky needs to be put in a specific enviroment and has chemistry in colorado. the avs finished first and third in scoring in the league the last couple years. it's not shocking his pt totals went up. he's a good player, but absolutely a tier down from Miller and Boeser.

you put either of those two on the Avs and you easily have ppg players.
Bura is a .8 PPG player for the Avs. He works there. Why trade him away and Newhook for a maybe upgrade. This concept doesn’t make sense for the Avs. Newhook may himself become every bit as good as JT Miller or Boeser.

And Bura is a very good player for the Avs as he scores a point in 4 out of every 5 games he plays for them. Many of which are goals and not secondary assists.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That's great man, the post I responded to, that you inserted yourself into (for some reason) had nothing to do with Miller, again read the post before your respond.

Avs would be much more interested in Boeser than JT Miller. But given the Avs cap situation, it’s not realistic to find a deal here. they’ll need to find cap space for Mack and Byram. That comes from losing Erik Johnson and Kadri or Bura.

and having Newhook play on an ELC as 2C.

they don’t have space for Boeser.

the offer here that started the thread. It’s unworkable and terrible for Vancouver. Several Avs fans have said so. Only Girard could be the base of a Boeser deal.

gotta part with value for value. Many HF posters don’t grasp this concept.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Avs would be much more interested in Boeser than JT Miller. But given the Avs cap situation, it’s not realistic to find a deal here. they’ll need to find cap space for Mack and Byram. That comes from losing Erik Johnson and Kadri or Bura.

and having Newhook play on an ELC as 2C.

they don’t have space for Boeser.

the offer here that started the thread. It’s unworkable and terrible for Vancouver. Several Avs fans have said so. Only Girard could be the base of a Boeser deal.

gotta part with value for value. Many HF posters don’t grasp this concept.

And that doesn't work for us so no deal to be made here.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
As a Nucks fan For Byram I would, other then that … why

Yeah, I get that. But it's not happening at this time and I doubt it will anytime soon. Let's revisit what our respective team's needs are later in the season and see if there are any reasonable proposals at that time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad