HF Habs: Bobby Mac Final 2024 Draft Ranking List - Tuesday 2024-06-25 - TSN5 - 11:00am EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
The guy that always complains about “fake scouts” is now a fake doctor. Beautiful
Yeah I put him on my IL after he did it first in the midst of a debate about how good NHL scouts actually are (not very). Any idea how to remove someone from your IL? Kinda miss the entertainment lol

Just replied to anther post saying my Scotty Cameron doesn't work. :laugh:. I won a bunch of stuff on facebook draws.

No joke though. My overall game is very good but my putting holds me back a lot. I've been working on different grips, all kinds of stuff. Just can't get the weight down right.
Next time you go to play a course, set up your putt on the practice green and then close your eyes and putt it however hard you think you need to in order to get it to the hole. Do this a few times at different distances and make the adjustments you need.

Once you get out on the actual course you'll find you don't need to think about the weight so much, and you should end up pretty close each time.

Reactions: habsfan891

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just replied to anther post saying my Scotty Cameron doesn't work. :laugh:. I won a bunch of stuff on facebook draws.

No joke though. My overall game is very good but my putting holds me back a lot. I've been working on different grips, all kinds of stuff. Just can't get the weight down right.
Putting no joke costs me 10 strokes or more per round it's crazy

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
If we pick Helenius I will not only be beside myself with rage I will be fully convinced that Goldenhands is a key member of Montreals scouting team

I tried that it didn't help :laugh::laugh:

lol. Sounds like you need to tee off with the early bird crew where every putt inside 6 feet is good so they can say they finished their round in 3 hours. :laugh:

I'll never forget playing with some of those old guys and they're just knocking back my shot even though I got a 4 footer left, lol.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I'm also not good at chess and I'd say it's not a sport, it's a game. It doesn't mean it's not hard or complicated. I've already stated I wasn't good. The point of a sport is that one's physical ability should play a part in it. If you can get by while being non-athletic, it's not a sport.
Athleticism is absolutely needed at the top levels of golf. Control, flexibility, strength, finesse are all necessary to be on the higher end of the spectrum.

Even if someone doesn't take training as seriously (John Daly), you can find a hockey player doing the same (Byfuglien).

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Game breaker no, elite talent potentially not. With that said, his size package is akin to Slaf and Dach and there's no denying it's a special asset to have.
His comparing in Mikko in Colorado. I watched quite a bit of him and I can see it

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I prefer Demidov. Is Cayden Lindstrom actually going to be the gamebreaker/elite player we need?
Not in my view. I think he'll be a physical 35-25 type winger which is certainly valuable and could be a core piece, but not at the level of some of the other forwards in the draft (especially not Demidov)

Reactions: jackeymoon

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
if his back is ok, a must pick at#5

The problem is I don't even think doctors know if he will have chronic issues or not. All they can talk about is past cases and probability.

How much do you think injurie affected N Patrick? After reading this report from 2017 and knowing how things went down with Patrick, do you trust Lindstrom will be just fine?

5th pick is something you can't miss on. We already missed with KK.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Demidov dream is actually in sight. Bob's list doesn't change a thing there.

Scott Powers saying Levshunov is likely the pick at 2, to the point he'd be surprised if it wasn't.. means that path is there.

Anaheim is looking defense and particularly are heavy on left shot forwards. Demidov was a particular name that a beat writer close to Anaheim didn't list as in consideration for their pick at 3.

That just means CBJ would have the option and I don't think I see Timmins doing it with Lindstrom on the board.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Demidov dream is actually in sight. Bob's list doesn't change a thing there.

Scott Powers saying Levshunov is likely the pick at 2, to the point he'd be surprised if it wasn't.. means that path is there.

Anaheim is looking defense and particularly are heavy on left shot forwards. Demidov was a particular name that a beat writer close to Anaheim didn't list as in consideration for their pick at 3.

That just means CBJ would have the option and I don't think I see Timmins doing it with Lindstrom on the board.

I could definitely see Columbus take Demidov, but:

1) I think Lindstrom's viewed more highly by front offices than GMs.
2) Lindstrom's viewed as a potential strong top line/top 6 center, which are so hard to find.

Its not going to be on Timmins, there at least two guys who rank ahead of him in Columbus' scouting department.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Delete

So who is?

Eiserman, Iginla, Sennecke, Dickinson and Buium are all guys with much higher ceilings. I watched a ton of WHL this year and honestly don't get why people here are so hyped for Lindstrom

I could definitely see Columbus take Demidov, but:

1) I think Lindstrom's viewed more highly by front offices than GMs.
2) Lindstrom's viewed as a potential strong top line/top 6 center, which are so hard to find.

Its not going to be on Timmins, there at least two guys who rank ahead of him in Columbus' scouting department.

Only Timmins could think Lindstrom becomes a top line F lol good luck Columbus fans

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Eiserman, Iginla, Sennecke, Dickinson and Buium are all guys with much higher ceilings. I watched a ton of WHL this year and honestly don't get why people here are so hyped for Lindstrom

Only Timmins could think Lindstrom becomes a top line F lol good luck Columbus fans
I get you’ve watched tons of WHL games but this begs the question what have ALL WHL scouts been watching to have Lindstrom at 5 and Iginla at 10?

I mean, in general and mostly, scouts think Lindstrom is a much better prospect then all your aforementioned…..

I really like Dickinson though and would be absolutely stoked if he was our pick with Demidov gone.

Reactions: Runner77

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I get you’ve watched tons of WHL games but this begs the question what have ALL WHL scouts been watching to have Lindstrom at 5 and Iginla at 10?

I mean, in general and mostly, scouts think Lindstrom is a much better prospect then all your aforementioned…..

I really like Dickinson though and would be absolutely stoked if he was our pick with Demidov gone.
I think one thing to keep in mind with regards to Lindstrom is that he had the highest shooting % of anyone with 20+ goals in the WHL. Not having a full season didn't really let that normalize, but it is a pretty small sample size of elite play.

I think he has amazing tools, and I hope our development team can turn him into something more than what I see him becoming should we take him, but I do also prefer Iginla and think his offense is a lot more translatable.

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad