HF Habs: Bobby Mac Final 2024 Draft Ranking List - Tuesday 2024-06-25 - TSN5 - 11:00am EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
he is blowing air. cause this guy is not going top 15
Sure he will. But likely outside top ten.

I personally think Button’s right but conditionally. I think Eiserman will kill it if he winds up in the right environment. But he’s not a guy I’d start a rebuild with.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Sure he will. But likely outside top ten.

I personally think Button’s right but conditionally. I think Eiserman will kill it if he winds up in the right environment. But he’s not a guy I’d start a rebuild with.
If he matures and commits to learning a 200 foot game he will be the steal of the draft.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
There’s a solution to this (if everything falls like Bob’s list);
- Do everything you can to get McGroarty (to prop up the F prospects)
- Pick Dickinson as to not waste value of our 5th overall.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If he matures and commits to learning a 200 foot game he will be the steal of the draft.
He’s two weeks from being eligible for next year’s draft. Very young and maturity issues.

Big holes in his game but he can score.

Reactions: Tyson

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Rankings change during the course of a year but you keep listening to internet bed wetters who base their opinions on which player makes them suck their thumb the least lol.

And...I never said that you were a monkey. Reading comprehension is fun, you should look into it.
And his rankings over the course of the year have been bad. What are you confused about.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It's very difficult. IQ is very important too. You're on your own and a rough day can really messed up your confidence. Takes a lot to overcome struggles and get your mindset in the right place.

I'm all over the 77-85 range and I've been in that range for 3+ years now. Very hard to get to the next level and nobody is helping you get there. You got to figure it out on your own.
I can't even break 100 lol but I'm still relatively new at it

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
And his rankings over the course of the year have been bad. What are you confused about.

They are not his rankings....they are rankings from a small group of NHL scouts (10) that could very well greatly differ from a separate group of 10 scouts.

His rankings are far from being beyond criticism but they have been historically better than the clowns that you are reading.

Reactions: dinodebino

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Key paragraph in the Bobby Mac article...and frankly it says it all about rankings, mock drafts from outside lists to actual NHl lists....

“I have no problem personally ranking Demidov at No. 2,” said a scout, “but I couldn’t assure you my team would take him there if we were picking second overall. There’s a lot more that goes into it now, especially that high.”

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Work on chipping and putting is my advise. Go to the course at least an hour before and just chip and putt over and over again. Chip from 10' off the green and then try to finish the put. Hit 3 balls at a time.

I've seen guys with a poor long game and meh ball stickers beat others because they just chip it close and tap it in... in comparison to sculling a chip and 3 putting. That burns me lol.

I only broke 90 after I played 3 seasons in a row with 40+ rounds. That was about 15 years ago. My goal when I play now is to have a min of one double with no triples. Putting is my weakness. I am putting for birdie a lot and 3 put. Happens about 4 or 5 times a round. Difficult to fix and get better feel on weight of putt.
I agree but I'd also say just getting it in play off the tee is the biggest difference maker in terms of scoring. So many people go full swing and end up in hazards or OB when a lighter 180 yd drive relatively straight will be a lot uglier but a lot more effective lol

Work on chipping and putting is my advise. Go to the course at least an hour before and just chip and putt over and over again. Chip from 10' off the green and then try to finish the put. Hit 3 balls at a time.

I've seen guys with a poor long game and meh ball strickers beat others because they just chip it close and tap it in... in comparison to sculling a chip and 3 putting. That burns me lol.

I only broke 90 after I played 3 seasons in a row with 40+ rounds. That was about 15 years ago. My goal when I play now is to have a min of one double with no triples. Putting is my weakness. I am putting for birdie a lot and 3 put. Happens about 4 or 5 times a round. Difficult to fix and get better feel on weight of putt.
Getting a read of the greens before you go out always helps but what I do for weight as my pre putt routine is pretend to roll it along the green to the hole with one hand and use roughly that much of a pendulum swing for the putt itself. Almost always takes me within a foot or two, and I three putt way less now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I've been playing once a week or so for 25 years and I'm barely breaking 90 :laugh:

If you want to try something different with a group of 4, try this. It's a lot of fun and makes some golfers with 15-20 handicaps better.

* 2 vs 2 best ball scramble.
* Everyone gets one mulligan per hole.

Most try to save it for the putt and very often, 4 guys have 2 putts each and lots of birdies happen. Makes for great scoring. Now, if both on the same team hit it in the woods, one has to decide who is using their mulligan. Gets interesting and lots of drama with the boys.

Knowing you have a 2nd shot insurance, changes your mentality.

Reactions: habsfan891

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
They are not his rankings....they are rankings from a small group of NHL scouts (10) that could very well greatly differ from a separate group of 10 scouts.

His rankings are far from being beyond criticism but they have been historically better than the clowns that you are reading.
The only clowns I'm reading are the scouts bob polled.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Scouts ranking Demidov 2nd doesn't mean they will pick him that high

From Bob's article:
It is, however, one thing for a scout to rank Demidov at No. 2 overall; it’s quite another for an NHL general manager to make the decision to actually take him there.

“I have no problem personally ranking Demidov at No. 2,” said a scout, “but I couldn’t assure you my team would take him there if we were picking second overall. There’s a lot more that goes into it now, especially that high.”
No in fact i think he falls until CBJ snags him right before us.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
It's very difficult. IQ is very important too. You're on your own and a rough day can really messed up your confidence. Takes a lot to overcome struggles and get your mindset in the right place.

I'm all over the 77-85 range and I've been in that range for 3+ years now. Very hard to get to the next level and nobody is helping you get there. You got to figure it out on your own.

I'm high on Eiserman too.

I floated around 0.5-3 for years in my mid teens and early 20s. I now shoot mid 70s to high 80s, but I rarely play now, maybe 5 times a year, and the big difference is my short game. I use to get almost everything up and down inside 135 yards (pw), or at least gave myself a 15 footer, but now I might fly the green and leave myself on the wrong side of the pin. the game is is still there because I can still go 1 2 under on a 9, but I'm just as likely to go 42 on the other 9. Just no consistency inside 135 now. long story short, track your numbers inside 135. are you knocking it down in 1-2-3 shots. You need to eliminate the 3s by leaving it on the right side of the pin. I have a bit of distance that still hasn't gone away (can still hit 280 off the tee, and 250 with my 3-wood, and hybrid can go 220) but use to be 20 yards longer in my late teens/early 20s. at the end of the day, it's my short game/wedge game where I lose almost all my strokes.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I floated around 0.5-3 for years in my mid teens and early 20s. I now shoot mid 70s to high 80s, but I rarely play now, maybe 5 times a year, and the big difference is my short game. I use to get almost everything up and down inside 135 yards (pw), or at least gave myself a 15 footer, but now I might fly the green and leave myself on the wrong side of the pin. the game is is still there because I can still go 1 2 under on a 9, but I'm just as likely to go 42 on the other 9. Just no consistency inside 135 now. long story short, track your numbers inside 135. are you knocking it down in 1-2-3 shots. You need to eliminate the 3s by leaving it on the right side of the pin. I have a bit of distance that still hasn't gone away (can still hit 280 off the tee, and 250 with my 3-wood, and hybrid can go 220) but use to be 20 yards longer in my late teens/early 20s. at the end of the day, it's my short game/wedge game where I lose almost all my strokes.

Yup, even the long and wild John Daily said it. Game is won 150 yrds and in.

I'm mid 40's and my driver is still good. Average is around 270 but can hit the odd 300 yrd shot with no headwind. 3 wood stays in the bag unless I'm playing best ball. I use to hit draw or hook all the time and just pounded it right side to let it come back. Now, I'm working on straighter shots and also working on a fade because some courses need it. It's screwing me up a bit now because I can spray it two ways if I'm not set up well. Set up to where your body and feet are pointed is massive for me.

But yeah, my weight of putts are off. I've been trying to live in the hit it past the hole zone but I'm over hitting now. My Scotty Cameron didn't make a difference haha.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
wow. that's a lot of 3 putts. You should get a new putter.

Just replied to anther post saying my Scotty Cameron doesn't work. :laugh:. I won a bunch of stuff on facebook draws.

No joke though. My overall game is very good but my putting holds me back a lot. I've been working on different grips, all kinds of stuff. Just can't get the weight down right.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad