HF Habs: Bobby Mac Final 2024 Draft Ranking List - Tuesday 2024-06-25 - TSN5 - 11:00am EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Bobs lists this year have been bad. The guys he's been polling seem out of touch. His mid season had Eiserman at 4 when everyone already had him dropping outside of the top 10 by that point.

Reactions: Habano

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Frankly, it's a draft where you could drop 5 spots and get a similar player.

If Demidov and Lindstrom go in the top 4, I’d strongly consider it assuming we can get a nice piece to move back. This of course unless they’re confident Sennecke/Buium are worth it at 5. I still think that’s a few spots too early for Sennecke.

Getting a nice piece to move back to 9th and ending up with Iginla could be a smart piece of business.

But for the love of god, I hope they don’t overthink it. If Demidov is there, run to the podium.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
CHI's beat reporter said he'll be surprised if it isn't Levshunov at 2. So there's hope one of Silayev, Lindstrom, or Demidov falls to 5. I'm not particularly enamoured with Levshunov at 5.

Really wish we picked a forward last year... or Reinbacher smokes our socks off...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Bobs lists this year have been bad. The guys he's been polling seem out of touch. His mid season had Eiserman at 4 when everyone already had him dropping outside of the top 10 by that point.
Still really want this guy. I understand not wanting to risk number five on him but the upside is there.

Lafleurs Guy has to do Lafleurs Guy things and draft Eiserman who does Eiserman things.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
When's the last time it happened? 2012 comes to mind with such D abundance in the top 10.
Cellebrini and Demidov seem to be the only guys guaranteed to go top ten. Lindstrom… I guess it depends on his health. Love the guy but that back injury is scary.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Iginla at 10 and Sennecke at 11. Starting to believe that we will draft a dman if Demidov/Lindstrom aren't there, but I would be shocked if one of them wasn't available.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They aren't *his* lists though. If I am not mistaken, he is just reporting where some nhl scouts are ranking the prospects.
Correct. They reflect the shift that’s happening in scouting sentiment.

And given how the rankings are all over the place this year it’s no surprise we’d see wide swings.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
#1 - no surprise....Macklin Celebrini

#2 - Demidov - 6 x 2nd place votes

#3 - Levshunov - 2 x 2nd place votes

#4 - Silyayev - 1 x 2nd place vote

#5 - Lindstrom

#6 - Dickinson

#7 - Buium

#8 - Parekh

#9 - Helenius

#10 - Iginla

#11 - Sennecke - top 5 consideration

#12 - Catton

#13 - Yakemchuk - top 5 consideration

#14 - Eiserman

#15 - Connelly

#16 - Jiricek

#17 -MBN

#18 - Greentree

#19 - Luchanko

#20 - Stolberg
Good news is those D are also getting love (top 2 votes). Plus potential for a dark horse candidate to make the top 4. Only need two teams ahead to like the D option more than Demi/Lindstrom. Believe 🤞

Reactions: waitin425

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
If Demidov and Lindstrom go in the top 4, I’d strongly consider it assuming we can get a nice piece to move back. This of course unless they’re confident Sennecke/Buium are worth it at 5. I still think that’s a few spots too early for Sennecke.

Getting a nice piece to move back to 9th and ending up with Iginla could be a smart piece of business.

But for the love of god, I hope they don’t overthink it. If Demidov is there, run to the podium.
If Demidov is gone I'd be moving back tbh. Lindstrom is down at 9 for me, and I think we can get better players like Iginla, Catton, or Buium there.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Helenius is the 4th forward on the list! Goldenhands strikes again

True type center and teams got a good look at him at the WC's. That usually holds strong value with the scouts who know how things change when players play against men.

5'-11 and 190 lbs. He's already strong and got good weight/physical strength. Look at some of the others and you wonder how long it takes them to get more weight and strength. This is why I liked Beck so much... solid weight/strength at a young age. Same with Iggy

I'm not that high on Helenius but I understand his ranking and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad