HF Habs: Bobby Mac Final 2024 Draft Ranking List - Tuesday 2024-06-25 - TSN5 - 11:00am EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I just hope the Habs end up with one of the forwards. I'm not going to pretend to know anything about any of the prospects, but just based on team needs, taking a defenseman would be disappointed.

I am all for taking BPA though, so if a D is the best player then so be it even if it isn't my preference.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Was Craig Button's mock draft cancelled last second?

It was on the guide for 11:30 and now it's showing "Plays of the Month" instead lol.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
That's why I said the guys he's been polling are out of touch

So NHL scouts are out of touch with what NHL teams are looking at because they disagree with fake scouts who have no connections to NHL teams lol

Have you considered that your entire narrative has been formed by listening to certified monkeys and this is the actual first taste of legitimacy that you would have encountered.

All lists are flawed including this one but it is the best one available. Bobby Mac even acknowledges that if he interviewed a different 10 scouts that he would very likely encounter very different results especially this year where there is very little consensus after Celebrini in the following 12-15 selections.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Craig's answer to what animal would you be is probably the kind of answer Habs are looking for.
A wolf because they are pack animals and work as a team.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I just hope the Habs end up with one of the forwards. I'm not going to pretend to know anything about any of the prospects, but just based on team needs, taking a defenseman would be disappointed.

I am all for taking BPA though, so if a D is the best player then so be it even if it isn't my preference.

This will be a very deep conversation at the Habs draft table. Trying to establish the BPA and the waives of talent with both the D and F.

I'm personally not worried if we hit on a high end top 6F who is not soft. Kind of like the differences between Tkachuk and Hughes/Bouchard/Dobson. Some fans are too worried about the D turning out well. The important thing is if we go forward, we hit with a strong top 6 asset.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I would say they are more in touch than internet scout pretenders. Bob usually gets the amount of 1st rounders right. Where they go and how then end up is the variance. His lists are not prefect but they hold the most credibility
Exactly.....listening to fake scouts is like listening to a child try and explain life to me. They are all below myself as well as others around here.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
This will be a very deep conversation at the Habs draft table. Trying to establish the BPA and the waives of talent with both the D and F.

I'm personally not worried if we hit on a high end top 6F who is not soft. Kind of like the differences between Tkachuk and Hughes/Bouchard/Dobson. Some fans are too worried about the D turning out well. The important thing is if we go forward, we hit with a strong top 6 asset.

I have to say that I absolutely do not want Lindstrom as his back woes are serious and there just isn't any way to determine if it will be a chronic problem or not. It was reported that he did it in the gym but that appears to be false after watching his interview with Mark Masters where he admits that he believes that it may have been from his skating stride/posture and hired a skating coach to help him adjust.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
So NHL scouts are out of touch with what NHL teams are looking at because they disagree with fake scouts who have no connections to NHL teams lol

Have you considered that your entire narrative has been formed by listening to certified monkeys and this is the actual first taste of legitimacy that you would have encountered.

All lists are flawed including this one but it is the best one available. Bobby Mac even acknowledges that if he interviewed a different 10 scouts that he would very likely encounter very different results especially this year where there is very little consensus after Celebrini in the following 12-15 selections.
I really could give 2 shits if they work for NHL teams. I said his mid-season rankings were bad because he had Eiserman at 4 ahead of Demidov, Buium at 13, Iginla at 16. Was I a monkey then too?

These scouts have been ass all year

Reactions: Habano and Shutdown

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have to say that I absolutely do not want Lindstrom as his back woes are serious and there just isn't any way to determine if it will be a chronic problem or not. It was reported that he did it in the gym but that appears to be false after watching his interview with Mark Masters where he admits that he believes that it may have been from his skating stride/posture and hired a skating coach to help him adjust.
I don't have access to what the team doctors know but I know what chronic back issues can do to an average person, let alone an athlete. I hope they make the right decisions.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
The silver lining is, seems like the top 10 is bound for a D rush. If the more desirable forward options are gone, we likely could trade down, pick, then trade back up and end up with two of the top 10 forwards available. If anyone can pull this off it's Hughes and the haul would be more than decent.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I really could give 2 shits if they work for NHL teams. I said his mid-season rankings were bad because he had Eiserman at 4 ahead of Demidov, Buium at 13, Iginla at 16. Was I a monkey then too?

These scouts have been ass all year

Rankings change during the course of a year but you keep listening to internet bed wetters who base their opinions on which player makes them suck their thumb the least lol.

And...I never said that you were a monkey. Reading comprehension is fun, you should look into it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
With that Mac List, I'm 28 out of 32. With already some regret....I should have found a way for Vanacker.....made my HM list..but does deserve a top 32. Biggest fall....Mustard...I have him at 21...he's at 58 on Mac's list. Biggest drop from me...Silyaev at 12 instead of 4. Though I understand if you are a team...the need for a Silyaev if he pans out. Makes sense. I'm just not looking for that though in my type of list. Mostly looking for 2-way player with elite qualities. And if you are not 2-way....you have to have that extra elite quality...like Eiserman.

But Silyaev will indeed be a fine player in this league.

Reactions: Tyson

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
6 out of 10 scouts had Demidov at 2. Bros, it's DemidOver:cry:

Scouts ranking Demidov 2nd doesn't mean they will pick him that high

From Bob's article:
It is, however, one thing for a scout to rank Demidov at No. 2 overall; it’s quite another for an NHL general manager to make the decision to actually take him there.

“I have no problem personally ranking Demidov at No. 2,” said a scout, “but I couldn’t assure you my team would take him there if we were picking second overall. There’s a lot more that goes into it now, especially that high.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad