HF Habs: Bobby Mac Final 2024 Draft Ranking List - Tuesday 2024-06-25 - TSN5 - 11:00am EDT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Lindstrom because of the player or the alleged health concerns?

Both, but the health concerns are legitimately worrisome as he won't have an opportunity to prove his back is going to be durable prior to the draft. I have always had concerns about IQ and vision but he could very well be a great player in the future. I just see risk on multiple platforms for the kid and it is enough to drop him behind the other top ranked forwards.

The concerns are not alleged as they are well documented and he is surprisingly open about them.

Herniated discs and sciatica are very rare for kids his age and even more worrisome for larger players who need to play a physical game to realize their potential. Every single person, including myself who has experienced both of these conditions have never fully recovered and are always at an elevated risk of re-occurrence.

I am not a doctor and perhaps he will be fine but that doesn't change the fact that nobody will know that for sure bt the time the draft rolls around and chronic back problems are career killers.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Athleticism is absolutely needed at the top levels of golf. Control, flexibility, strength, finesse are all necessary to be on the higher end of the spectrum.

Even if someone doesn't take training as seriously (John Daly), you can find a hockey player doing the same (Byfuglien).
There's no way you equate Daly with Buff. Buff had so much natural athleticism he could ragdoll two grown men at once. He's a special human being. The speed, strength and cardio he had at his size is simply unrivaled.

His top end potential is 2nd line F. Not good enough for 5 overall imo
Nah his top end is a first line C.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
There's no way you equate Daly with Buff. Buff had so much natural athleticism he could ragdoll two grown men at once. He's a special human being. The speed, strength and cardio he had at his size is simply unrivaled.
How about Kessel then

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
No, I am responding to an interview where he admitted to having a herniated disc and experiencing sciatica. He also admits to being unsure of how it happened and believes that simply skating is what may have caused it.

Being rightfully concerned about a prospects long term health issues and moving him out of the top of the draft is not a definitive conclusion about his future. It is a component of the information available that leads me to make a decision that lowers a risk that has yet to be defined therefore makes me uncomfortable.

I am not comfortable with taking him at 5 OA which is world's apart from your grossly misguided attempt to paraphrase me......but this is hardly the first time you have done this so I am not surprised as clearly some of my other comments hit too close to home.

Why are you getting so triggered, you were the one who used "definitive conclusion" to the idea that the "Demidov dream is actually in sight". If that qualifies as a "definitive conclusion", then so does what you've posted on Lindstrom.

There is no rule against inferring a long term medical prognosis based on an interview with a teenager when he also said teams don't seem too worried about the injury and that he feels fine. Nor is it unreasonable to make guesses on how a team may draft based on specific insiders who have a track record of having access with the teams they cover. In neither instance is the information sufficient to draw conclusions.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
I get you’ve watched tons of WHL games but this begs the question what have ALL WHL scouts been watching to have Lindstrom at 5 and Iginla at 10?

I mean, in general and mostly, scouts think Lindstrom is a much better prospect then all your aforementioned…..

I really like Dickinson though and would be absolutely stoked if he was our pick with Demidov gone.

He's a guaranteed NHLr, 3rd line at worst with potential to be a good 2nd liner, his top end talent is really overrated imo and much of his production came from very weak opposition. Didn't really progress before the injury whereas Iginla became a force to be reckoned with and tbqh as someone with back issues I would avoid a 18 year old with back problems. I know Grant and many others have him at 9-10, which I think is fair.

Reactions: dcyhabs and jaffy27

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Hell no!

Lindstrom is entirely off of my wish list at 5 OA due to the fact that he has already experieced a herniated disc and the fact that they don't know how he did it.

If we are just talking forwards I take Demidov, Iginla, Helenius, Sennecke and Catton before I consider Lindstrom.

It's honestly shocking that a kid his age has a herniated disc already. Brutal injury

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Have to say, I don't really have many comments on the list (EDIT: ok, maybe I did lol). Everyone seems to be exactly where they are on most lists, with few surprises. Wonder if we'll have a draft this boring on Friday.

People always expect excitement, but things are pretty boring more often than not.

Few random comments:

-Think Sennecke would be a little higher if he didn't get injured
-Iginla is a tough nut to crack. Other than his shot, he doesn't have a lot of high-end attributes, but he seems to Get The Job Done (TM). With his age, I find him the most difficult to project.
-I hate the hard-on people have for Helenius and his "he probably won't get me fired" floor.
-I think Nygard is a little low
-I think Jiricek might be a steal for someone if he stays healthy
-Don't think Greentree is slipping that far
-Top defensemen are super hard to predict. Ask me on any given day and I'll have a different order.
-All the top forwards seem to have one red flag or another. With Demidov, it's that he played in the MHL and is hard to evaluate. With Lindstrom, it's hockey sense and injuries. With Iginla, it's projectibility. With Helenius, it's lack of top end talent. With Catton, it's size and how translatable he'll be. Eiserman is all the obvious issues. Should be interesting.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Both, but the health concerns are legitimately worrisome as he won't have an opportunity to prove his back is going to be durable prior to the draft. I have always had concerns about IQ and vision but he could very well be a great player in the future. I just see risk on multiple platforms for the kid and it is enough to drop him behind the other top ranked forwards.

The concerns are not alleged as they are well documented and he is surprisingly open about them.

Herniated discs and sciatica are very rare for kids his age and even more worrisome for larger players who need to play a physical game to realize their potential. Every single person, including myself who has experienced both of these conditions have never fully recovered and are always at an elevated risk of re-occurrence.

I am not a doctor and perhaps he will be fine but that doesn't change the fact that nobody will know that for sure bt the time the draft rolls around and chronic back problems are career killers.
Nice reply

I only write “alleged “ as we don’t really know the actual severity of the back issues, all we know is there an injury to investigate for sure and the team doctors with all information at hand will know maybe not for sure, but more then likely if this will be an issue moving forward.

Anyway, seems Columbus may have a massive boner for him so the mystery of drafting him may solve itself.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Have to say, I don't really have many comments on the list (EDIT: ok, maybe I did lol). Everyone seems to be exactly where they are on most lists, with few surprises. Wonder if we'll have a draft this boring on Friday.

People always expect excitement, but things are pretty boring more often than not.

Few random comments:

-Think Sennecke would be a little higher if he didn't get injured
-Iginla is a tough nut to crack. Other than his shot, he doesn't have a lot of high-end attributes, but he seems to Get The Job Done (TM). With his age, I find him the most difficult to project.
-I hate the hard-on people have for Helenius and his "he probably won't get me fired" floor.
-I think Nygard is a little low
-I think Jiricek might be a steal for someone if he stays healthy
-Don't think Greentree is slipping that far
-Top defensemen are super hard to predict. Ask me on any given day and I'll have a different order.
-All the top forwards seem to have one red flag or another. With Demidov, it's that he played in the MHL and is hard to evaluate. With Lindstrom, it's hockey sense and injuries. With Iginla, it's projectibility. With Helenius, it's lack of top end talent. With Catton, it's size and how translatable he'll be. Eiserman is all the obvious issues. Should be interesting.
Demidov is also injuries. 2 knee injuries already. If the Habs didn't already have one guy (Dach) who will likely miss more games than he plays it would be worth the risk. They will have to be sure becuse they can't miss with this pick.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Why are you getting so triggered, you were the one who used "definitive conclusion" to the idea that the "Demidov dream is actually in sight". If that qualifies as a "definitive conclusion", then so does what you've posted on Lindstrom.

There is no rule against inferring a long term medical prognosis based on an interview with a teenager when he also said teams don't seem too worried about the injury and that he feels fine. Nor is it unreasonable to make guesses on how a team may draft based on specific insiders who have a track record of having access with the teams they cover. In neither instance is the information sufficient to draw conclusions.

Gawd....I was clearly not referring to the idea that the "Demidov dream is actually in sight" I was referring to the assertion that a beat reporter's opinion is what the poster was referring to in a manner that inferred insider information and was being offered as empirical evidence.

Please do not continue to paraphrase me in such an overtly disingenuous fashion. Your proper response should have been to ask me to clarify my stance as you clearly did not understand it....if you are unable to discern that you are misinterpreting my posts that is likely because you are not approaching them in an objective manner and are filtering them through your strange preconceived bias that you have for me.

In the future perhaps ask me what I am asserting before making such egregiously inaccurate attempts to paraphrase me.

Reactions: Runner77

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Gawd....I was clearly not referring to the idea that the "Demidov dream is actually in sight" I was referring to the assertion that a beat reporter's opinion is what the poster was referring to in a manner that inferred insider information and was being offered as empirical evidence.

Please do not continue to paraphrase me in such an overtly disingenuous fashion. Your proper response should have been to ask me to clarify my stance as you clearly did not understand it....if you are unable to discern that you are misinterpreting my posts that is likely because you are not approaching them in an objective manner and are filtering them through your strange preconceived bias that you have for me.

In the future perhaps ask me what I am asserting before making such egregiously inaccurate attempts to paraphrase me.

I would suggest that you probably should have responded to the post in question with a query instead of getting offended that someone cited the comments of an insider, stating that "[t]hey have absolutely zero inside information on who these teams are drafting" and making sweeping claims".

You shouldn't have inferred that the insider information was offered as empirical evidence. Its unclear why you would infer that.

It wasn't offered If you want to continue taking this as a personal attack then that's your prerogative, I just found the double standard strange and commented to that effect. And stop inferring so much from message board posts lol.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
No, I am responding to an interview where he admitted to having a herniated disc and experiencing sciatica. He also admits to being unsure of how it happened and believes that simply skating is what may have caused it.

Being rightfully concerned about a prospect's long term health issues and moving him out of the top of the draft is not a definitive conclusion about his future. It is a component of the information available that leads me to make a decision that lowers a risk that has yet to be defined therefore makes me uncomfortable.

I am not comfortable with taking him at 5 OA which is world's apart from your grossly misguided attempt to paraphrase me......but this is hardly the first time you have done this so I am not surprised as clearly some of my other comments hit too close to home.
Sciatica? Yikes. I deal with that everyday doing roofing. Id be really concerned about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad