HF Habs: Bobby Mac Final 2024 Draft Ranking List - Tuesday 2024-06-25 - TSN5 - 11:00am EDT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Within reason, who would make you guys mad at pick 5?

This is my novice opinion of course but I would be happy with Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla, Sennecke, or Catton. Then (in this order) on defense, Buium, Levshunov, Dickinson, or Parekh.

Maybe you could sell me on Helenius, if I’m trying to be open minded.

I don’t want Silayev. I don’t care if he is big and skates well, I don’t want a defensive defenseman.

Reactions: 417

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Within reason, who would make you guys mad at pick 5?

This is my novice opinion of course but I would be happy with Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla, Sennecke, or Catton. Then (in this order) on defense, Buium, Levshunov, Dickinson, or Parekh.

Maybe you could sell me on Helenius, if I’m trying to be open minded.

I don’t want Silayev. I don’t care if he is big and skates well, I don’t want a defensive defenseman.
A D. Or a G.

Reactions: NicRattlehead

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I would suggest that you probably should have responded to the post in question with a query instead of getting offended that someone cited the comments of an insider, stating that "[t]hey have absolutely zero inside information on who these teams are drafting" and making sweeping claims".

You shouldn't have inferred that the insider information was offered as empirical evidence. Its unclear why you would infer that.

It wasn't offered If you want to continue taking this as a personal attack then that's your prerogative, I just found the double standard strange and commented to that effect. And stop inferring so much from message board posts lol.

You are so entirely disingenuous as you continue to paraphrase and use strawmen....the hallmarks of someone who doesn't know when to accept defeat.

There will be no further interactions between you and I.

(mod)

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I had 2 hernia since I was 18 and i'm finally "free" at 29 of that injury. Even now it's a f***ing pain to work out still since of the toll that my hips and muscle took from all those years of supporting my bad back.

Mind you, I don't have NHL level doctors around me tho.
I just don't feel comfortable drafting a kid with the same injury as me at such a young age, from experience.

All in for Demidov obviously but if he's not there at 5, i'm going with Zeev as my next pick.

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshyunov
Buium
The rest

Sucks to get another Dman but hey, BPA.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
They said that trading for Jack Eichel was a huge risk because of his back issues as well and he helped Vegas win a Stanley Cup.

If we pick him you have to assume the medical issues are overblown.

Eichel's injury was a neck injury, not a back injury. And the issue was the type of surgery Eichel wanted to do that went against the recommendations of Buffalo's medical team, not the injury itself.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If you circle back through Bobs lists, most of the time there is a stud forward ranked 10-15 on his list.

Key would be to identify that stud and draft him at 5.

Question is, who is it:

Iginla?
Sennecke?
Catton?

If we draft Lindstrom I’ll hope for the best, but I’m so worried about that back injury.

I’m leaning Buium.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Apologies if I’m misinterpreting but I hope he goes top 4. Him and Levshunov. I’m not against taking a defensive, I just don’t really want either of those ones. Buium would be my NON-expert choice.
I thought the same but the habs have some offensive D, and you can only have so many if you want to win playoff series. You can never have too many huge D. Yakemchuk is in considered in the top 5 because of his physicality. Silayev will probably go top 5, and it’s unlikely the team that gets him will have regrets.

Reactions: NicRattlehead

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
They said that trading for Jack Eichel was a huge risk because of his back issues as well and he helped Vegas win a Stanley Cup.

If we pick him you have to assume the medical issues are overblown.
As I mentioned elsewhere, there is a difference between a cervical spine injury, as in Eichel's, vs a thoracic, or worse still, a lumbar injury, which I think is the case for Lindstrom, since his caused issues with his sciatic nerve. The lumbar area is much more weight bearing than than the cervical portion of the spine, so the artificial disc replacement (ADR) procedure that worked with Eichel probably entails more risk for Lindstrom, if it comes to that.
1719362220466.png

1719362628700.png

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
As I mentioned elsewhere, there is a difference between a cervical spine injury, as in Eichel's, vs a thoracic, or worse still, a lumbar injury, which I think is the case for Lindstrom, since his caused issues with his sciatic nerve. The lumbar area is much more weight bearing than than the cervical portion of the spine, so the procedure that worked with Eichel probably entails more risk for Lindstrom, if it comes to that. View attachment 887298
View attachment 887302
Well said...........you know your stuff.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As I mentioned elsewhere, there is a difference between a cervical spine injury, as in Eichel's, vs a thoracic, or worse still, a lumbar injury, which I think is the case for Lindstrom, since his caused issues with his sciatic nerve. The lumbar area is much more weight bearing than than the cervical portion of the spine, so the artificial disc replacement (ADR) procedure that worked with Eichel probably entails more risk for Lindstrom, if it comes to that. View attachment 887298
View attachment 887302
So what are your thoughts here?

Do not draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad