Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The Wirtz family, for starters.

You know you're a real POS if you manage to make Dollar Bill look like the good owner of the Blackhawks. Quite a legacy Rocky left.
Again. Jenner and Block is a massive law firm. They don’t just LIE for pay. They did an investigation and concluded that it stopped with John McDonough and Rocky didn't know.

You can light up Rocky for that press conference he had, that was terrible. But I don’t think you can just decide for yourself that “he knew” when everything points to that he didn’t.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Again. Jenner and Block is a massive law firm. They don’t just LIE for pay. They did an investigation and concluded that it stopped with John McDonough and Rocky didn't know.

You can light up Rocky for that press conference he had, that was terrible. But I don’t think you can just decide for yourself that “he knew” when everything points to that he didn’t.
Whether he knew or not isn’t the issue. The problem is that the didn’t bother to care about people being raped under his watch.

Reactions: dukeofjive

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Must be nice being one of the league's favorites. NHL feels bad when you do something wrong and gives you everything for good publicity. If you're not one of the favorites, everything somehow goes against you. Chitcago will get rewarded again because the league doesn't want negative publicity around one of their golden franchises.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Whether he knew or not isn’t the issue. The problem is that the didn’t bother to care about people being raped under his watch.
Okay well he’s dead now. So now Danny pays for his father’s sins?

This player can sue all he wants. I hope he wins. Atleast direct your anger at the right people and not some abstract thing.

People did this. People enabled this. John McDonough. Joel Quenneville. Stan Bowman. JOHN MCDONOUGH.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Someone with more law knowledge would answer this better, but perhaps it's past the statute of limitations?
For the state of Illinois

The law changed in 2017, and now there is no statute of limitations for any sex crime in our state. This means that regardless of how much time has passed since the alleged offense was committed, an individual can still face criminal charges.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Okay well he’s dead now. So now Danny pays for his father’s sins?

This player can sue all he wants. I hope he wins. Atleast direct your anger at the right people and not some abstract thing.

People did this. People enabled this. John McDonough. Joel Quenneville. Stan Bowman. JOHN MCDONOUGH.
According to the NHL's conduct for applying penalties, yes :laugh:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

Not having definitive evidence that Rocky knew isn't the same as concluding factually he didn't know.

McDonough is certainly culpable but he informed HR three weeks after the Cup finals. So Human Resources knew, the president knew, the GM knew, the Assistant GM knew, the coach knew, the Senior Director of Hockey Operations knew, the mental skills coach knew, according to the report several players and staff members knew.

But somehow Rocky was completely unaware of a situation that put his franchise at major legal exposure? You don't think legal was consulted, who would immediately inform him of the situation?

When people wonder how could there be a culture where this many people could let something like this happen, Rocky answered that question with his press conference.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’m 20 years old and I played junior A. I have a lot of friends and I don’t think I know a single person who would care at all about this situation. I personally don’t know Kyle Beach so why should I care about him?
You might want to really think about what your about to post next time.

I don’t know you or members of your family, but I guess it would still be appropriate to say that I don’t care about their physical or mental well being, including being criminally, sexually assaulted.

It’s so wrong In so many sick ways.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Seems that this should have already surfaced if the NHL had done a half decent job investigating the first time similar allegations came up.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If the league had any balls whatsoever, they would remove the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks name off of that cup. Leave the name of the players that won the cup but remove the organization's name and the fact that 2010 cup was awarded to Chicago. It should not count for that organization since it's a tarnished cup win.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Not having definitive evidence that Rocky knew isn't the same as concluding factually he didn't know.

McDonough is certainly culpable but he informed HR three weeks after the Cup finals. So Human Resources knew, the president knew, the GM knew, the Assistant GM knew, the coach knew, the Senior Director of Hockey Operations knew, the mental skills coach knew, according to the report several players and staff members knew.

But somehow Rocky was completely unaware of a situation that put his franchise at major legal exposure? You don't think legal was consulted, who would immediately inform him of the situation?

When people wonder how could there be a culture where this many people could let something like this happen, Rocky answered that question with his press conference.
I don't know what he knew. You don't either. Anything else is just speculation. Doesn't really even matter if he knew as of today because he is dead. McDonough is gone. Stan is gone. Every player from those teams is gone. Quenneville is gone.

Took the maximum penalties as allowed by the NHL Constitution. Just sour grapes because we pulled the right lottery balls.

Seems that this should have already surfaced if the NHL had done a half decent job investigating the first time similar allegations came up.
It already did surface. The player is just deciding to sue now.

deleted user

Dec 16, 2019
If the league had any balls whatsoever, they would remove the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks name off of that cup. Leave the name of the players that won the cup but remove the organization's name and the fact that 2010 cup was awarded to Chicago. It should not count for that organization since it's a tarnished cup win.
Yep. This 100%.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
disbar any member of that organization from entry into the HHOF. toews, kane, keith, quenneville, bowman.

a fine means nothing, a draft pick taken away from the 2024 team (although it should be done as well) doesn't punish the right people. at the very least make sure this stays as a stain on their legacy.

a bunch of scumbugs would cry about it, boo hoo. that would make it even better.

• Haha
Reactions: x Tame Impala

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
The fact that an organization disrespecting a NTC has worse consequences than covering up sexual assault is insane.

1*0TR0DHGe6pxp6T7NaI9Cfg.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They’re being sued for the same stuff in the initial report. They’re just being sued for it by a different person.

Poor taste to come in here and make jokes about it. It’s so serious, though.
Once again. Jokes lambasting the Blackhawks and the league for their handling of the situation are perfectly fair game. No one is making jokes to make light of what happened. It's purely to criticize the Hawks organization and the league's "punishment"

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Buttman is neither clever nor funny. You have no credibility.
Not sure why you think this has been the first time it is being said and I will call him that because he is the clown ruining the league. Why are you defending him? Seem like you also have no credibility either when it comes to not knowing how the league screwed up this Chicago situation. Also you don't need to target me, open your eyes and see that this is his nickname on HFboard. I just use it so people know who am talking about.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Once again. Jokes lambasting the Blackhawks and the league for their handling of the situation are perfectly fair game. No one is making jokes to make light of what happened. It's purely to criticize the Hawks organization and the league's "punishment"
You can criticize the people who were involved all you want. I don't care.

People making jokes saying "Strip Bedard... No not in front of him".. Directly in here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad