Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Threads like these always show who wants justice for the victims and who wants to misuse the situation as ammo to hurt the on ice product of the blackhawks in 2023.

To suggest the victim cares about the 2023 blackhawks 1st round pick is so tone deaf it hurts.

No, this just shows that you do not care. You are condoning this behavior by failing to acknowledge that sexual assaults don't just occur in a vacuum.

You think had Penn State outed Sandusky when they knew and Penn St. the institution had been penalized severely it might have sent a message as a deterent to all North American sports franchises/groups (of course assuming their leadership of the leagues actually punished teams and not jsut individuals).

Reactions: Colezuki

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I think you’re missing something… read the report. The Blackhawk Hockey HR was informed of an unofficial complaint and personnel moves. McDonough is the top of the food chain in as far as being employed by Rocky but paid entirely by the hockey team with no Wirtz corp dollars involved.
I read the report. The Wirtz corporation, which was run by Rocky as president, owns the Blackhawks which Rocky was also the Chairman of, so I'm not sure what hairs you're trying to split here.

The list of people who knew about the allegations is referenced in multiple articles.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
The power dynamic between Aldrich and Beach was not their physical size. Aldrich made it clear he could destroy any chance of Beach playing in the NHL.

These predators have a way of sniffing out and grooming those they think they can manipulate.
Pretty easy to say when your not in the situation. Imagine wanting to clock someone but not being able to because you might lose everything.

I don't disagree with you, but I would teach this sort of thing if you are ever in that sort of situation. Reminds me of something different (but same idea) that the now late Dick Butkus said. He said if anyone ever offers you steroids punch them in the nose. I can totally understand why they didn't do that initially, but if they had it would have taken Aldrich down a notch or two. Anyway, it is not any different than teaching your kids to hit a bully. Still to this day in my opinion the best advice you can give in these situations, most bullies will cower away.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
He said if anyone ever offers you steroids punch them in the nose.

This is insanely different. That's not even a close comparable. It would be more like a coach saying if you don't take steroids we will send you to the ECHL and you won't play in this league again.

Also you keep making this a physical thing. This was purely a psychological thing and power dynamic. You can't just punch your way out of that. He hits Aldrich, Aldrich presses charges and then Beach is blackballed from the league, while Aldrich moves on to his next victim.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Because the organization engaged in covering up sexual assaults? I cannot comprehend why people do not understand this. This is like why should Penn St. should suffer for hiding a sexual predator. They benefitted and still benefit from not being punished.

What this tells these organizations is that they get a slap on the wrist for being complicit in concealing felonies.

So why should they reform their behavior? After all they'll pay a 2 million dollar fine for a multi-billion dollar company.

Guess who pays for this? Blackhawk fans. They literally pay for it through ticket and concession price increases.
No one disagrees that the organization and more specifically the individuals need to held responsible but the food the team, make them lose drafts picks is problematic as it doesn't fall under league rules and changing the rules and making it retroactive isn't a good idea if people stop and think.

But that's the problem with hysteria it makes it hard for people to think clearly.

Reactions: Space umpire

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
With the NHL already giving a decision on the matter after the 1st investigation I don't foresee the NHL doing anything else.
Exactly, people need to realize that the Blackhawks were not punished for what happened to Beach and John Doe 1. They were punished for the poor way they handled the situation after the allegations came out. They will not be punished again for the same offense.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
No, this just shows that you do not care. You are condoning this behavior by failing to acknowledge that sexual assaults don't just occur in a vacuum.

You think had Penn State outed Sandusky when they knew and Penn St. the institution had been penalized severely it might have sent a message as a deterent to all North American sports franchises/groups (of course assuming their leadership of the leagues actually punished teams and not jsut individuals).
The NCAA did nothing to Penn State, yet you want the NHL to do more. Is this really the best example you could come up with to support your absolutely nothing-burger of a point?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
The NCAA did nothing to Penn State, yet you want the NHL to do more. Is this really the best example you could come up with to support your absolutely nothing-burger of a point?

R6duMMk.png

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Retroactive punishment is a lot different than future punishment. The only thing they did to hurt the product in the future was scholarship reductions, which they came out and reversed admitting it was a mistake, as that isn’t really a fitting or appropriate punishment.

Reactions: Pez68

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Retroactive punishment is a lot different than future punishment. The only thing they did to hurt the product in the future was scholarship reductions, which they came out and reversed admitting it was a mistake, as that isn’t really a fitting or appropriate punishment.
What part of four year postseason ban is not registering to you?

Reactions: I am toxic

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
What part of four year postseason ban is not registering to you?
The part where it actually impacted the organization during the time the incidents occurred, affecting key people involved. Not 10 years later?

You don’t see how punishing Penn state in 2023 would be unfair to those athletes and the people shaping the program today?

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Think you better read up on that.
I did, I think they got off relatively light. The scholarship punishments were reversed and the four year postseason ban doesn’t operate the same as it does in the NHL(it would be more like taking away the blackhawks winter classic rights).

I guess people forget that the Sandusky situation happened in the locker rooms, on campus, for 15 years. The 2 million the blackhawks were fined is actually on par with the Penn state one.

DavidpauseReinbacher

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Two firsts and Two seconds would be fair.

Lol do u usually make up facts from the top of ur head. Or do all pedo scandals = nothing burgers to you.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
This is insanely different. That's not even a close comparable. It would be more like a coach saying if you don't take steroids we will send you to the ECHL and you won't play in this league again.

Also you keep making this a physical thing. This was purely a psychological thing and power dynamic. You can't just punch your way out of that. He hits Aldrich, Aldrich presses charges and then Beach is blackballed from the league, while Aldrich moves on to his next victim.

I will say the same thing I said before, my thought is if Aldrich realizes Beach isn't taking the bait and might actually kick his ass over it then there is no way he would complain to the Hawks and risk his own job over it. I am not saying I don't get the psychological side of it. But that is just what I would advise anyone to do is turn the tables, it is not like it is rotten advice by any means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad