Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
So if I'm not mistaken, this allegation isn't actually a new allegation, but rather the victim seeking some measure of justice?

Or was the previous knowledge/assumption that Beach was the only victim from within the Blackhawks organization?

Reactions: AzHawk

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The best thing the league can do is to remove the 2010 Blackhawks name off the cup. It's a disgrace to all the cup winning teams to have the 2010 Blackhawks as part of the winners that won the cup. Basically stained the holy grail.
I actually agree with this. That would be the right thing to do in the wake of the damning evidence.

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
So if I'm not mistaken, this allegation isn't actually a new allegation, but rather the victim seeking some measure of justice?

Or was the previous knowledge/assumption that Beach was the only victim from within the Blackhawks organization?
Correct. This player was in the report for which the Blackhawks were punished (or not).

I hope the player takes the Hawks to the cleaners, but there won't be any further punishment as this isn't a new revelation.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

Pages 36 and 37 of the Jenner and Block document reports most of this, so it appears to be the latter, however there are additonal details that have now been brought forward.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I cannot wait for the apologists who clearly did not read and/or comprehend the Jenner and Block report to tell me to read the Jenner and Block report.

Disgusting behavior by the franchise, even worse by the league. Hopefully they have the decency to at least provide a firm and public “NO” to Quenneville and Bowman.

If you read the Jenner and Block report you would know these are not new allegations

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
This at least should put the nail in the coffin on a Bowman/Q reinstatement

Bettman already had them meeting with other GMs to "discuss what they've learned." So the rehab campaign has already begun. He's likely just trying to figure out the right scenario to reinstate them to minimize blowback.

EDITED to include a link

• Wow
Reactions: Ducks DVM and DS7

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It's about the same situations of Aldrich from before where the key staff involved are still banned from working in the league without approval from Betman.

What should happen other than quickly settling this and paying this player who lost opportunities and suffered? Is that not what you want to happen for him?
Chicago should’ve suffered a stiffer penalty when Kyle Beach came forward, and they’ll go unscathed from this second accusation.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I don't know what he knew. You don't either. Anything else is just speculation. Doesn't really even matter if he knew as of today because he is dead. McDonough is gone. Stan is gone. Every player from those teams is gone. Quenneville is gone.

Took the maximum penalties as allowed by the NHL Constitution. Just sour grapes because we pulled the right lottery balls.
Right. We don't know what he knew. But in your post you said "everything points to the Rocky didn't know" when it's actually the opposite. Absolutely everyone around him knew all the way down to some of the players.

Bettman fined the Devils $3 million in 2010. So the maximum fine decreased in the ensuing decade?

Reactions: Ducks DVM

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Chicago should’ve suffered a stiffer penalty when Kyle Beach came forward, and they’ll go unscathed from this second accusation.
This second accusation was known when the penalty was given to the Staff and organization.

Everyone who cared to read the report or follow Rick Whiteheads reporting on it knew about this, and that there also some interns who may of had alteractions or assaults from Aldrich, unknown are anything involving that.

If you cared, you knew about this.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
The best thing the league can do is to remove the 2010 Blackhawks name off the cup. It's a disgrace to all the cup winning teams to have the 2010 Blackhawks as part of the winners that won the cup. Basically stained the holy grail.
On the list of wrongdoings by the organization this certainly isn't near the top but it's still sad that the Blackhawks allowed Aldrich's name to be engraved on the Cup (which has since been X'd out).

Reactions: UnSandvich

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Give 'em another Draft Lottery win!

What a joke by the NHL that the Sens were punished more for an administrative issue than a team literally ignoring sexual assault and then enabling the perpetrator.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This second accusation was known when the penalty was given to the Staff and organization.

Everyone who cared to read the report or follow Rick Whiteheads reporting on it knew about this, and that there also some interns who may of had alteractions or assaults from Aldrich, unknown are anything involving that.

If you cared, you knew about this.
This additional Black Ace spoke out against him, but denied being sexually assaulted by Aldrich, until now. This is a new revelation, and the investigation focused on Beach’s assault, and the Blackhawks organization ignoring the accusations.

“In the new lawsuit, the player alleges that Aldrich hugged him while grinding his penis into him, sent him harassing text messages — including one image of his penis — and snuck into a bedroom to watch and touch him while he was having sex with a woman, according to the Tribune.”

Last edited:

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I’m 20 years old and I played junior A. I have a lot of friends and I don’t think I know a single person who would care at all about this situation. I personally don’t know Kyle Beach so why should I care about him?
As someone that punched an old man in the face for trying to play with my junk (he was my personal trainer for 6+ months before he made this move). I was lucky to have this option. These “black aces” had to think of their future career

I think most guys don’t want to play for a team where their future (that may earn them millions) is in the hands of a sexual predator that is protected by the entire organization.

Maybe I’m weird

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad