Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You can criticize the people who were involved all you want. I don't care.

People making jokes saying "Strip Bedard... No not in front of him".. Directly in here.
Goes to the Hawks organization's failures employing a predator. I'll admit that's pushing the boundaries but overall, I think the Hawks organization deserves continued derision and criticism. That 2 million dollar fine didn't make a dent in shit; they more than made that back with season ticket purchases after winning the lottery.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Goes to the Hawks organization's failures employing a predator. I'll admit that's pushing the boundaries but overall, I think the Hawks organization deserves continued derision and criticism. That 2 million dollar fine didn't make a dent in shit; they more than made that back with season ticket purchases after winning the lottery.
NHL is a joke when it comes to dishing out punishment. Probably the worst sports league in the world at judging the situation and determining the consequences for the party at fault. No wonder it's reffing is also the worst in any sports league and it's a reflection of how the NHL operates. Lots of corruption at the top. Ottawa getting royally screwed for administration screw up getting punished more severely compared to Blackhawks covering up a rape case in-order to win the cup. Whats a 2 million fine do? Nothing. If you want to fine them, at least fine them with a heavy fine like 25 million or 50 million or reduce their cap by 25% for 5 years. It's completely a joke how Chicago gets away with murder because they are the original 6 team and a major US team. It's definitely easier for the league to punish Ottawa, a small market team or Vancouver since they are Canadian teams and no one cares. Honestly a pathetic clown league imo. This is why I will always call Bettman, Buttman because he deserves that moniker for allowing corruption and favoritism.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Then petition the league to increase its amount of allowed fines and add that retroactively

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Can’t take away the spotlight from Bedard. This will be quickly settled and swept under the rug.
It's about the same situations of Aldrich from before where the key staff involved are still banned from working in the league without approval from Betman.

What should happen other than quickly settling this and paying this player who lost opportunities and suffered? Is that not what you want to happen for him?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
People say Olympic organization have corruption and even they banned Russia from competing under the Russian name and stripped the medals off many Russian athletes after that PED coverup yet lame NHL still praises the 2010 Blackhawks cup win by not removing their organizations name off the cup. Pathetic

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I cannot wait for the apologists who clearly did not read and/or comprehend the Jenner and Block report to tell me to read the Jenner and Block report.

Disgusting behavior by the franchise, even worse by the league. Hopefully they have the decency to at least provide a firm and public “NO” to Quenneville and Bowman.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
That’s not how the world works anymore despite the league’s best efforts as shown the first time the news broke about this.
Actually we're not looking back on 2010. We're looking forward. And we're not going to talk about 2010. And we aren't going to talk about what happened. We're moving forward.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Not having definitive evidence that Rocky knew isn't the same as concluding factually he didn't know.

McDonough is certainly culpable but he informed HR three weeks after the Cup finals. So Human Resources knew, the president knew, the GM knew, the Assistant GM knew, the coach knew, the Senior Director of Hockey Operations knew, the mental skills coach knew, according to the report several players and staff members knew.

But somehow Rocky was completely unaware of a situation that put his franchise at major legal exposure? You don't think legal was consulted, who would immediately inform him of the situation?

When people wonder how could there be a culture where this many people could let something like this happen, Rocky answered that question with his press conference.

And the emails that would have provided evidence were deleted, against policy.

At the time, McDonough said he would handle the situation, and he was regularly seeing ownership at the games.

Rather than a document commissioned and paid by ownership to protect ownership, an actual investigation would be independent and have followed up on the deleted emails, and dug into what was communicated at the time. Jenner and Block of course didn't do that, rather putting out the deliberately misleading claim that there was no evidence that ownership knew.

Last edited:

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Can the Hawks even be sued at this point considering all of the management or the owners involved with this are long gone?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
It's about the same situations of Aldrich from before where the key staff involved are still banned from working in the league without approval from Betman.

What should happen other than quickly settling this and paying this player who lost opportunities and suffered? Is that not what you want to happen for him?
The best thing the league can do is to remove the 2010 Blackhawks name off the cup. It's a disgrace to all the cup winning teams to have the 2010 Blackhawks as part of the winners that won the cup. Basically stained the holy grail.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Then petition the league to increase its amount of allowed fines and add that retroactively
Like the league is going to make any meaningful change based on the whims of HF posters. No I don't really feel like cessation of holding this shit organization accountable in the court of public opinion--which is what people associated with the Hawks really want--is warranted. If the league took some proportionate action, maybe the noise would be quieter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad