Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Chicago will now end up with Celebrini, Ottawa will end up losing another 1st and Vancouver will receive a 3 million dollar cap penalty just for good measure. And all will be right in the NHL's universe.

The Hawks Cups will forever be tarnished. Pathetic.
Kadri also suspended

Rangers fined 250K

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Man imagine Chicago was the one the forfeited their first pick Bedard and Zegras would be ripping it up on Newport beach
Oh man and that probably would have left Carlsson to the Sharks, which would've been perfect. Carlsson was my favourite prospect last draft.
And this once again demonstrates that everyone who insisted losing draft picks was the only suitable punishment actually cared nothing about what happened, and really saw it as an opportunistic moment to benefit their own teams. Bunch of f***ing phonies.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
And this once again demonstrates that everyone who insisted losing draft picks was the only suitable punishment actually cared nothing about what happened, and really saw it as an opportunistic moment to benefit their own teams. Bunch of f***ing phonies.
cry harder. blackhawks are a shitbag franchise who deserve far worse than they got.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hey buddy, take a chill pill.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Thanks Hawksrule. But if it helps. I think that when 12 teams were eligible for the opportunity to select a franchise to generational talent and the team involved with a terrible cover up that got the equivalent of a stern finger wag as punishment, fans of other teams are going to see that team winning the lottery as a gross result, along with the attending benefits that come with getting Bedard for free including increased revenues and media attention that the team doesn't f***ing deserve.

I've hated the Sharks a lot longer than I've hated the Hawks and I'd rather have seen them get Bedard. So it has nothing to do with what ifs to benefit my team. Your team got off with a slap on the wrist and now get the benefit that 32 franchises dream of not long after. Of course 31 fanbases are going to think that's bullshit and unfair.

Of course those same people can be upset about the conduct of Aldritch towards the young Hawks prospects. People are usually capable of thinking about more than one thing.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Some pretty good hot takes in this thread, 10/10 reading material :popcorn:

A lot of what is coming down the pipeline is out of the leagues control and Chicago deserves to be punished outside the realm of the NHL.

The league did what they needed to do and most involved are no longer working for them

Reactions: dukeofjive

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I mean there really isn’t much else the Blackhawks organization can do now. Everyone is gone. Even the announcers. The players.

They took the punishment the league gave.

Thanks Hawksrule. But if it helps. I think that when 12 teams were eligible for the opportunity to select a franchise to generational talent and the team involved with a terrible cover up that got the equivalent of a stern finger wag as punishment, fans of other teams are going to see that team winning the lottery as a gross result, along with the attending benefits that come with getting Bedard for free including increased revenues and media attention that the team doesn't f***ing deserve.

I've hated the Sharks a lot longer than I've hated the Hawks and I'd rather have seen them get Bedard. So it has nothing to do with what ifs to benefit my team.
Okay so be mad at the league and Bettman then.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Bettman already had them meeting with other GMs to "discuss what they've learned." So the rehab campaign has already begun. He's likely just trying to figure out the right scenario to reinstate them to minimize blowback.

EDITED to include a link
NHL truly is a joke, these clowns rival FIFA in moral corruption, which is not an easy task.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean there really isn’t much else the Blackhawks organization can do now. Everyone is gone. Even the announcers. The players.

They took the punishment the league gave.

Okay so be mad at the league and Bettman then.
Nah I'll be mad at both. Like honestly, I know Hawks fans want people to move on and forget but that's not how this works. It will happen eventually, but in the meantime part of the territory of your organization failing to protect young players is the shameful reminders.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
NHL truly is a joke, these clowns rival FIFA in moral corruption, which is not an easy task.
Quenneville will be back. Which is just crazy talk

Nah I'll be mad at both.
Okay I guess. I can’t help you direct your anger correctly.

I don’t need you to move on lol. It’s always going to be apart of history. Being mad at an abstract organization when actual people are the ones who did the crimes, covered the crimes, is just odd.

Chevy is still employed btw. Zero hate. Bedard not playing in Winnipeg though.

• Haha
Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
The most bizarre part of this is that they didn't just fire him on the spot.

What's more distracting, news potentially coming out about your fired video coach, or your pervert video coach harassing your players with dick pic? Makes zero sense. It's just a video coach, and how are players going to respond to his feedback with they know he's a disgusting freak? Just morons who shouldn't be in charge of anything.
DING DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner of the common sense award!

Braindead take after braindead take someone finally says it. This is evidence of a BUSINESS OPS mishandling of the situation, and hockey ops leaving the matter to be handled by them or letting them take a stupid f***ing amount of time to act and perform due diligence.

Does ANYONE remember 2009? When the hockey ops team preceding them couldn't file a f***ing fax to tender free agents and they fired Dale Tallon? And then a particular accountant got a job because of his HOF daddy?

Quick question, does anyone actually think a fresh hockey ops that's incompetent or barely competent to manage it's own roster would be able to take care of what is clear and cut a business operations and HR/Legal matter? Consider also in that climate/age, with the misinformation that would be said in defense when confronted, that a hockey organization and business as well might both be uncomfortable/bewildered with a matter surrounding homosexuality.

Instead of spreading bullshit and calling for fake justice with removal of picks that has false equivalency with matters that relevantly violate the CBA, maybe this should motivate you moral warriors to ask better questions and think or inquire about what actually happened. Crazy thought I know, but we need better information and should demand to know what went down in those meetings and drove the decisions before we assume malice/ignorance in trying to "sweep a sexual assault case under the rug"

And if you aren't willing to do that, you all might be able to have actual discussion and arguments by reading the report or the CBA if you want to talk about draft pick removal. f***ing hell.

Reactions: Voight

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Quenneville will be back. Which is just crazy talk

Okay I guess. I can’t help you direct your anger correctly.

I don’t need you to move on lol. It’s always going to be apart of history. Being mad at an abstract organization when actual people are the ones who did the crimes, covered the crimes, is just odd.

Chevy is still employed btw. Zero hate. Bedard not playing in Winnipeg though.
If an organization gets sued for negligence, negligent hiring, retention, and supervision, or any number of other things you can sue a company for, the company doesn't escape liability just by firing individually responsible parties. That could help convince a plaintiff to settle but it doesn't extinguish liability. I don't see why NHL discipline can't also take that into account.

I agree that Chevy shouldn't be employed anymore. That's not the topic of this thread.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If an organization gets sued for negligence, negligent hiring, retention, and supervision, or any number of other things you can sue a company for, the company doesn't escape liability just by firing individually responsible parties. That could help convince a plaintiff to settle but it doesn't extinguish liability. I don't see why NHL discipline can't also take that into account.

I agree that Chevy shouldn't be employed anymore. That's not the topic of this thread.
It’s not the topic of this thread because Bedard doesn’t play in Winnipeg. The topic is about the 2010 Blackhawks organization, in which Marc B and Chevy were part of.

I also never said they escape negligence. Everyone got fired and they paid a fine. They paid the fine the NHL gave them.

• Haha
Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

I wouldn’t be surprised if the NHL has a level of culpability in this fiasco that hasn’t come out, similar to Hockey Canada

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
It’s not the topic of this thread because Bedard doesn’t play in Winnipeg. The topic is about the 2010 Blackhawks organization, in which Marc B and Chevy were part of.

I also never said they escape negligence. Everyone got fired and they paid a fine. They paid the fine the NHL gave them.
They also implemented protocols to make sure this sort of thing never happens again. They also paid a settlement in the tens of millions. They also lost beach who was a touted 11OA prospect.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the NHL has a level of culpability in this fiasco that hasn’t come out, similar to Hockey Canada
I would be surprised if they didn't, considering ALL the media knew and shit went around the league, AND it was reported to the NHLPA these incidents occurred.

Reactions: Three On Zero

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
They also implemented protocols to make sure this sort of thing never happens again. They also paid a settlement in the tens of millions. They also lost beach who was a touted 11OA prospect.

I would be surprised if they didn't, considering ALL the media knew and shit went around the league, AND it was reported to the NHLPA these incidents occured.
We don’t know what the settlement was

People mad at Chicago should be mad at the NHL as an entire entity for failing these players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad