Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It’s a discussion about the 2010 Blackhawks, which includes Chevy. It’s not my fault you direct your anger at the 2023 Blackhawks and need a new thread to discuss people who were in the room. You would rather be angry at the organization.

Also the fact they paid a Mickey Mouse fine isn’t their fault. Which we’ve already went over a million times. You also fail to discuss that no team has ever received punishment for criminal acts in the form of competitive penalties.. because of the above discussion about commingling them being a slippery slope.
So? Let's take the example of Aldritch directly. I'm sure you've seen at least one case of a convicted sex criminal getting a nothing punishment. If Aldritch was criminally charged and got probation, do you think it's normal or abnormal for the public to be pissed off about it? I can be upset with the league and the Hawks franchise simultaneously without having a stroke.

As to the second part of that paragraph I think that's a whole other bite of an issue that I'm probably not qualified to give a reasoned opinion. Maybe you can find a system for competitive penalties in extreme situations unrelated to hockey, maybe you can't. I'm not persuaded by the argument of "well what do you do if a coach kills somebody" because it's not really the same situation. Here, a member of the coaching staff harmed two players. I think you could leave it to individual penalties and that person should be taken to the authorities. As long as the organization, having no prior knowledge, acted promptly and proportionally, I take no issue with the organization. But in a case like this you have an organization hold off on taking any measures so as to not disrupt a cup run. At that point, to me, it is a hockey matter as well as a human matter and the organization (with its directors or authority figures as representatives of the corporate entity) has failed to protect its employee and is liable for wrongdoing.

But all that said, I'm not in the business of drafting compliance regulations and disciplinary sanctions. All I can speak to is what I see. The organization was entrenched in a wrong. The punishment was not proportional to that wrong. By fortunate circumstance that same organization inured a benefit that will substantially compensate and reward the organization to a degree that the internal sanction that was an afterthought to begin with, ended up little more than a negligible inconvenience. And I think that sequence of events, on a human level and as a sports fan, is fundamentally bullshit.

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sure maybe but he did follow up with this so maybe not.

Okay I see that he added this after you brought it up, assuming that he was thinking this and just didn't include the link....wait that was someone else so back to who knows he wrote the words and they were pretty clear right?

Also college sports to an NHL franchise is just 2 different worlds

I don't mean outright cancel the Hawks but stripping them of years worth of picks, millions in fines, no participation in free agency stuff. You do it a few years and we all move on. The Sens are losing a 1st rounder because someone screwed up some paperwork a while back. This is so much worse. If the Lightning ever did this I'd give em up and cheer the Avalanche and Red Wings starting tomorrow. My whole family is from Michigan on my mother's side and I have long respected the Avs since Sakic's day. I would be embarrassed to know this happened more than once.

It's not worth it to me.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Fine Chicago a billion dollars, I don’t care. But all you guys want is the loss of picks. I wonder why.

Honestly, the owner should get the Donald Sterling treatment, and forced to sell.

This is a f***ing disgrace.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Both are bad. Im more speaking in general about commingling competitive hockey punishments for criminal acts.

We don’t disagree on the fact that sexual assault, and covering it up, are extremely heinous.
Why was it covered up? To prevent a distraction during the 2010 playoffs. That makes it a competitive issue.

They should have been barred from playoff participation on top of picks and fines. Much like NCAA teams get barred from bowl games or March Madness and loss of scholarships for their various f*** ups.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Nobody likes us
Nobody likes us
Nobody likes us
WE DON'T CARE
There's a difference between nobody liking you because of your team on ice and nobody liking you because your organization covered up sexual assault on its players.

If I were a Hawks fan, I'd 100% be fine with losing the 1st round pick ++++ as punishment. That would actually be a light sentence.

Cubs2024wildcard

Korchinski for AHL All Star LOL
Apr 29, 2015

Attachments

• yxk4ykorbqqti7lsjg3d.png
    yxk4ykorbqqti7lsjg3d.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 1

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
According to the NHL's penalties. The organization paid the max allowed.
What was the penalty, just a fine, pfft
Hawks fired them, then the NHL suspended them, what penalty did the hawks pay, and there my second team.

Cubs2024wildcard

Korchinski for AHL All Star LOL
Apr 29, 2015
There's a difference between nobody liking you because of your team on ice and nobody liking you because your organization covered up sexual assault on its players.

If I were a Hawks fan, I'd 100% be fine with losing the 1st round pick ++++ as punishment. That would actually be a light sentence.
As a Blackhawks fan, I not only agree with this, but encourage it.

The NHL and Blackhawks are filth for not doing anything and being quick to sweep this under the rug.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Threads like these always show who wants justice for the victims and who wants to misuse the situation as ammo to hurt the on ice product of the blackhawks in 2023.

To suggest the victim cares about the 2023 blackhawks 1st round pick is so tone deaf it hurts.

why not justice AND slamming the on ice product? :nod:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Why was it covered up? To prevent a distraction during the 2010 playoffs. That makes it a competitive issue.

They should have been barred from playoff participation on top of picks and fines. Much like NCAA teams get barred from bowl games or March Madness and loss of scholarships for their various f*** ups.
You think it was an actual thing thay would of been a distraction?

Do you think Q was justified in thinking that? ...even though they could of fired or suspended him for the rest of the playoffs and said we'll announce things after?

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
why not justice AND slamming the on ice product? :nod:
Sure, but the focus should be sending a message to Aldrich and those involved and giving compensation to the victim, neither of which really is affected nor cares about the current or future state of the blackhawks organization.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
This is one of those things that you probably thought sounded good in your head but really it’s just f***ing stupid.
The lion doesn’t concern themselves with the sheep. You don’t come successful worrying about others besides your friends and family

You might want to really think about what your about to post next time.

I don’t know you or members of your family, but I guess it would still be appropriate to say that I don’t care about their physical or mental well being, including being criminally, sexually assaulted.

It’s so wrong In so many sick ways.
Yeah why should you care about them you have no clue who my family is

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Let's penalize Ottawa some more. I'm very irritated that people are being hard on the Blackhawks.

I think the right punishment is going after a Canadian team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad