Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
There's a difference between nobody liking you because of your team on ice and nobody liking you because your organization covered up sexual assault on its players.

If I were a Hawks fan, I'd 100% be fine with losing the 1st round pick ++++ as punishment. That would actually be a light sentence.
I don't care what you or the rest of the mob think should happen. This disgusting situation was already handled by the league, and it doesn't matter if that isn't enough for some of y'all. Y'all can rant and rave about the NHL leadership and the people involved all y'all want, I don't care, but I'll be damned if I sit back a let y'all villainize Hawk fans for something we had no control over or say in.

I will happily accept the #1 pick if Uncle Gary deems to give it to us and Ottawa's 1st, too.

Reactions: wetcoast

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Sure, but the focus should be sending a message to Aldrich and those involved and giving compensation to the victim, neither of which really is affected nor cares about the current or future state of the blackhawks organization.

sure, but dinging the organization with penalties creates a deterrent for any (possible) coverups in the future from whichever team in the league.

Reactions: PattyLafontaine

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You think it was an actual thing thay would of been a distraction?

Do you think Q was justified in thinking that? ...even though they could of fired or suspended him for the rest of the playoffs and said we'll announce things after?
He was actively acting as the video coach. So yes, firing him mid-playoffs would have been a distraction because the Hawks weren't going to be able to just put a lid on it unless they covered everything up. Which they did. Which is why this should have been treated as a competitive issue on top of everything else.

Q wasn't justified for thinking anything which is why he's not in the NHL anymore.

Reactions: I am toxic

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Baffles me how they got the first overall pick.. There were other teams way more deserving then them. With that said, this is outside hockey, and all the people connected to that case are basically gone, it's not the fans fault, the Hawks got lucky in the lottery.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
I don't care what you or the rest of the mob think should happen. This disgusting situation was already handled by the league, and it doesn't matter if that isn't enough for some of y'all. Y'all can rant and rave about the NHL leadership and the people involved all y'all want, I don't care, but I'll be damned if I sit back a let y'all villainize Hawk fans for something we had no control over or say in.

I will happily accept the #1 pick if Uncle Gary deems to give it to us and Ottawa's 1st, too.
Getting a generational player has tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars of benefit in marketing, cup success, and everything else under the sun.

It's not about whether you are entertained or not. It's about actual justice for a reprehensible crime that was covered up in favor of success at sportsball. The organization should be HEAVILY penalized and ownership should feel it in their pocket books.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Wow 4 " y'all's " in the same post. Y'all must have set some sort of HFBoards record there. :thumbu:

Reactions: dukeofjive

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He was actively acting as the video coach. So yes, firing him mid-playoffs would have been a distraction because the Hawks weren't going to be able to just put a lid on it unless they covered everything up. Which they did. Which is why this should have been treated as a competitive issue on top of everything else.

Q wasn't justified for thinking anything which is why he's not in the NHL anymore.
You are agreeing to the scummy attitude and viewpoint of Quennevile which is what and a big reason why this happened. Yet it is complete nonsense, they could have an intern or assistant do the film work.

If any team suspended their video coach right now would you know? What distraction is that. He should of been cut or suspended pending an investigation. That would of affected nothing to anyone.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
sure, but dinging the organization with penalties creates a deterrent for any (possible) coverups in the future from whichever team in the league.
That’s a really weak argument, especially because it doesn’t have any backing. Would be better focused on trying to deter Aldrich and Co from doing it in the future.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
Getting a generational player has tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars of benefit in marketing, cup success, and everything else under the sun.

It's not about whether you are entertained or not. It's about actual justice for a reprehensible crime that was covered up in favor of success at sportsball. The organization should be HEAVILY penalized and ownership should feel it in their pocket books.
Scream into the void all you want, but the matter has already been decided. Justice has been served, just not the mob justice y'all so desperately want.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019

Actual justice would be punishing Aldrich and those involved in the cover up, and finding compensation for the victim. The victim nor the perpetrators are affected at all by punishing the organization.

Maybe you should focus on what’s best for the victim, and not what would make you personally feel better.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think that's enough of this shit; Bettman has to step down.
If the NHL were run like any Fortune 500 by its board of directors (owners), he wouldn’t have lasted this long. We can say that he’s creating value for the owners as the reason he stays but in reality he is short selling the potential growth to them every time he trips over the many issues he has in his tenure.. Hockey is for everyone. Yes it is. Now let’s ban displays of diversity like pride tape.

Gary B should removed but the majority of owners obviously aren’t ready to make the change.
The lion doesn’t concern themselves with the sheep. You don’t come successful worrying about others besides your friends and family

Yeah why should you care about them you have no clue who my family is
Because I live in a society that interacts with other humans and must in order to succeed. I don’t live in a cage or the jungle. But to your animal analogy, I even believe donkeys have a place in our world.

Reactions: dukeofjive

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I see. Castrate the pedophile.
He's not a pedophile. He's a pederast. A pedophile is someone who is attracted to prepubescent children. This guy, Matt Gaetz, or anyone else you don't like who slept with a 16 or 17 year old isn't a pedophile. They are probably some other terrible thing that already has a less controversial name you can look up in a dictionary if you want, but it's lazy to call them pedophiles.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Scream into the void all you want, but the matter has already been decided. Justice has been served, just not the mob justice y'all so desperately want.
And this is why you get ridiculed. Because nobody makes it about Hawks fans until they start coming in and either defending parts of something indefensible, or parading that the punishment is what it is and if it's not enough you can just suck it.

Do you think that's helpful, quality contribution? You can't just silently be like "wow we got away with one there", you have to stomp into threads and try to get other people to accept the issue by berating them?

No shit people hate that, the f*** are you thinking?

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
And this is why you get ridiculed. Because nobody makes it about Hawks fans until they start coming in and either defending parts of something indefensible, or parading that the punishment is what it is and if it's not enough you can just suck it.

Do you think that's helpful, quality contribution? You can't just silently be like "wow we got away with one there", you have to stomp into threads and try to get other people to accept the issue by berating them?

No shit people hate that, the f*** are you thinking?
Just who the eff are you and the rest of the mob? You aren't victims, no matter how desperately you want to be. I won't be silent when the mob comes for Hawks fans, especially when people use their fandom to push some moral outrage. I'm not demanding you accept anything, just like we don't have to accept the mob's judgement. There is nothing helpful or quality about this thread, just more rehashing of the same bs.

Bowski

Taking out the trash.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Baffles me how they got the first overall pick.. There were other teams way more deserving then them. With that said, this is outside hockey, and all the people connected to that case are basically gone, it's not the fans fault, the Hawks got lucky in the lottery.
You answer your own question here.

So the Hawks will get the first overall again as a punishment?
No, there won't be any additional punishment (or at least I would be surprised if there was).

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Should’ve been not just Bedard, but five years' worth of first round picks (from when the article was published onward), like what happened to the Blues with the Scott Stevens tampering filing, as well as losing Stevens. I'm not saying we didn't deserve to be docked picks (we did; tampering is tampering, after all), but covering up a literal sexual assault of two of your younger players for playoff aspirations, covering it up for a decade before said rapist assaulted a teenager because of that coverup from the top down? Isn't this so much worse than tampering with a player? Doesn't that deserve far more punishment than what the Blues got, what the Senators got now?

Instead, that same team lucks into the number one overall pick - and might even luck into it this year with Celebrini if the NHL has anything to say about it; it wouldn't surprise me one bit, given this gong-show of a league - and gets a generational star, in what basically amounts to giving a naughty toddler a thirty-second-length timeout and then a cookie, ice cream, and a brand new toy.

My heart aches for Kyle Beach and John Doe because one evil monster hurt them and ruined their careers. They deserved better.

And to every Blackhawks fan: don't blame us for hating your team for this. Don't blame "the mob", the "haters" for despising your team's preferential treatment by the NHL, because you damn well know that if the Blues did something like this, our team would be docked ten years' worth of draft picks.

But to you, everything's all fine because like what your late owner, Rocky, said, "It's all in the past, we're gonna look towards the future, and f*** Kyle Beach, f*** John Doe, and f*** anyone who sees the utmost hypocrisy of my team getting preferential treatment while other teams get screwed for stuff that barely even comes close to what our team did. Anyway, f*** y'all, we got Bedard, lol."

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Just who the eff are you and the rest of the mob? You aren't victims, no matter how desperately you want to be. I won't be silent when the mob comes for Hawks fans, especially when people use their fandom to push some moral outrage. I'm not demanding you accept anything, just like we don't have to accept the mob's judgement. There is nothing helpful or quality about this thread, just more rehashing of the same bs.
Nobody's coming for Hawks fans until they start trying to be anything less than saddened by their own organization.

Boo f***ing hoo, sorry you have to hear about it, but if we're really going to play the who the f*** are you game here then you guys are not the victims. In fact, the literal opposite. So either sit quietly or try to rationalize it and expect people to slap you down every time.

It's not mob judgment, they did wrong. You're the one taking this personally like it's somehow about you. You're not the important party and you weren't wronged, so if you're so soft you literally can't read anything negative about your team you need to stay way the f*** away from threads in which they're investigated for crimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad