Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Why was it covered up? To prevent a distraction during the 2010 playoffs. That makes it a competitive issue.

They should have been barred from playoff participation on top of picks and fines. Much like NCAA teams get barred from bowl games or March Madness and loss of scholarships for their various f*** ups.
Being focused isn’t a competitive advantage unavailable to anyone.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Double jeopardy, so Bettman obviously doesn't have to fine or take picks from Chicago this time. In fact, dock Ottawa their 2nd round pick this year too.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Thanks Hawksrule. But if it helps. I think that when 12 teams were eligible for the opportunity to select a franchise to generational talent and the team involved with a terrible cover up that got the equivalent of a stern finger wag as punishment, fans of other teams are going to see that team winning the lottery as a gross result, along with the attending benefits that come with getting Bedard for free including increased revenues and media attention that the team doesn't f***ing deserve.

I've hated the Sharks a lot longer than I've hated the Hawks and I'd rather have seen them get Bedard. So it has nothing to do with what ifs to benefit my team. Your team got off with a slap on the wrist and now get the benefit that 32 franchises dream of not long after. Of course 31 fanbases are going to think that's bullshit and unfair.

Of course those same people can be upset about the conduct of Aldritch towards the young Hawks prospects. People are usually capable of thinking about more than one thing.
Life would be wonderful if only the deserving were rewarded - if everything was fair and just.

Bad shit happens to good people all the time. Good shit happens to bad people all the time.

It's the unfortunate reality of life.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
When do we get to hear from John McDonough on this? He’s obviously where the problem stopped and started

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Big 5'8 Brad Aldrich sure overpowered a lot of pro athletes.

It's not about physical power; like Kyle Beach stated, Aldrich threatened to bury his career if he didn't go along with him, got him drunk (and possibly drugged) and unable to consent to anything before he assaulted him. Same with John Doe. Same with the poor teenager he raped. Same with what happened with Sheldon Kennedy and Theo Fleury when Graham James raped (and yes, I say raped) them.

Rapists and pedophiles in those positions don't use physical power; they convince kids that they have all of the power, convince them that they can make their dreams come true, make them feel small, make them want to do anything to reach their dreams, even if it's a little odd, and when they protest, threaten to take away their dreams.

Brad Aldrich, like Graham James, is an evil bastard who had control over young players who only wanted to play at the highest level of hockey. So please, before you say something like this again, do research and maybe don't victim blame.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Life would be wonderful if only the deserving were rewarded - if everything was fair and just.

Bad shit happens to good people all the time. Good shit happens to bad people all the time.

It's the unfortunate reality of life.
Now stop talking about it folks because it really bums me out when people remind me how terribly my team handled multiple SAs.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
This whole thing is disgusting for sure and frankly the details are beyond our general understanding at this point. What I dont get is fighting with Hawks fans over this? Theres a good number who admit this is a shit stain. Has nothing to do with their on ice performance. Beach wasn't making or breaking their cup runs. Run down the players who knew of it for sure, have at it. But the fans shouldnt be punished. Thats asinine. Fine the owners, coaches, gm whatever. The funs shouldnt have to bear this weight. Unlike others here I'm glad they got bedard because it had nothing to do with him or the fans.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Big 5'8 Brad Aldrich sure overpowered a lot of pro athletes.
Really? Are we taking that line again with this? There is so much I read on here that is a complete unwillingness to learn about these things.

You are being very naive and display a complete lack of understanding in how power dynamics work. You are displaying a view that was archaic 20 years ago, let alone in what is supposed to be ‘enlightened’ times.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
You know what? I'll grudgingly accept Bedard going to the Hawks... if Bettman and Daly resign. The fact all Chicago got for covering all this up is a 2M fine is hysterical. Not a chance in hell a smaller market gets off with such a slap on the wrist.

Alas, nothing will come of this and Bettman will just wait for it to blow over.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Scream into the void all you want, but the matter has already been decided. Justice has been served, just not the mob justice y'all so desperately want.
What was the justice again, a piddling fine.
Hawks fired them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad