Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It was a level playing field. Each team had a video coach. I wish Chicago had changed theirs, but having one was not a competitive advantage, lol. You can call the Chicago management from then every name in the book and I will agree, but there was not a competitive advantage.

Same price as you can get for your meaningless quips.
Pot meet kettle, and I’m a hawks fan, second team.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
A good question is why doesn’t the NHL Constitution grant the commissioner power to fine teams draft picks for all transgressions? Not solely for transgressions judged to affect competitive aspects of the NHL?
Great post, feel the need to push back however — this would turn into such a degenerate kangaroo court quick. Nevermind the public calling for people’s heads, but equivocation for mishandling things such as player assistance or rehabilitation issues, or transgressions surrounding something such as the pride fiasco in reverse where a player this year might act as the anti-provorov, and the team stands by him

Last edited by a moderator:

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Exactly. That was the draft BEFORE Bedard. So maybe understand that instead of putting your butthurt pants on making shit up.
They should have lost 5 first rounders for one, not just protecting a rapist but giving the man a recommendation so he could go on to do more
Damage. The NHL can in most cases I can recall given a window for the team to surrender the pick (they did with NJ on circumvention and Ottawa recently) but took the Coyotes not in the year of the event but the following year. This would be the precedent as it’s the only non optional, which if you’re following along, would have been this draft.

DavidpauseReinbacher

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
The NHL Constitution only gives the commissioner power to take away draft picks for transgressions affecting the competitive aspects of the game. As terrible as Chicago’s handling of the Aldrich situation was, in my opinion it would have been a difficult legal argument for the League to make that not reporting possible issues with the video coach to HR immediately to avoid internal distractions affected competitive advantage. If we used that principle then any misdeed a team commits during the playing season could be considered as affecting competitive aspects of the game—which I don’t believe is the spirit of the Constitutional limitation of Commissioner power.

A good question is why doesn’t the NHL Constitution grant the commissioner power to fine teams draft picks for all transgressions? Not solely for transgressions judged to affect competitive aspects of the NHL?
Mickey mouse league thats why

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
They could have easily suspended him(and promote someone else to replace him) until an investigation was completed and simply waited until after the playoffs concluded to release any information to the public regarding his actions. But instead, they valued his contributions enough to cover up his sexual abuse of multiple players for a decade.
So then why did they keep it under wraps till after the Stanley Cup finals ?
Again, this is evidence that is missing and questions that need to be asked or rather demanded instead of assumed by public court. Does it scream negligence/malice or does it scream incompetence? Or does it say discomfort and confusion around homosexuality in doing their due diligence?

What did the people in charge actually know or hear about the situation when querying both sides? Could James Gary have been inexplicit due to HIPPA or did Aldrich obfuscate details to cover his ass as a sociopath would?

Last edited:

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Cry more

Mickey mouse league thats why
Sorry who’s crying?

Certainly not Beach and the victims are calling out for compensatory draft picks to be stripped. Weird that yourself and the public outrage are, especially again considering no violation of the CBA took place, and if we are to go down such road where criminal charges result in that sort of punishment the kangaroo court the NHL would turn into would be worse than you could imagine.

Again, since the whataboutisms are flying like tactical nukes overhead since the senators got dinged up for actual violations, are the leafs going to lose picks for the pedo ring?

They should have lost 5 first rounders for one, not just protecting a rapist but giving the man a recommendation so he could go on to do more
Damage. The NHL can in most cases I can recall given a window for the team to surrender the pick (they did with NJ on circumvention and Ottawa recently) but took the Coyotes not in the year of the event but the following year. This would be the precedent as it’s the only non optional, which if you’re following along, would have been this draft.
This has been disproven again and again, and only shows you haven’t read the report. There was no recommendation letter. It was a boiler plate style employee eval which went unsigned by Q, again which should lead to questions of what their knowledge of the event would be to allow such a bizarre response.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Sorry who’s crying?

Certainly not Beach and the victims are calling out for compensatory draft picks to be stripped. Weird that yourself and the public outrage are, especially again considering no violation of the CBA took place, and if we are to go down such road where criminal charges result in that sort of punishment the kangaroo court the NHL would turn into would be worse than you could imagine.

Again, since the whataboutisms are flying like tactical nukes overhead since the senators got dinged up for actual violations, are the leafs going to lose picks for the pedo ring?

This has been disproven again and again, and only shows you haven’t read the report. There was no recommendation letter. It was a boiler plate style employee eval which went unsigned by Q, again which should lead to questions of what their knowledge of the event would allow such a bizarre response.
Look, it’s clear that you could get a video of this happening and then the subsequent meeting between senior management and then you would still defend them until your last breath. If that is the person you are, I hope you’re a happy camper. I’m going to put you on mute.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Weird that yourself and the public outrage are, especially again considering no violation of the CBA took place, and if we are to go down such road where criminal charges result in that sort of punishment the kangaroo court the NHL would turn into would be worse than you could imagine.
Most would prefer, Hawks are punished for ignoring sexual assault, weird you think otherwise.

Also, Stuzle will get a 40 game suspension for his entry into a UEFA Champions League pool.
He’d have to beat out Gallagher first.

Reactions: Barnum

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
The NHL needs to step in and find another home for Bedard.

A re-draft (maybe between the remaining original Six teams minus Toronto/Montreal/Boston because of how annoying their fans are).

Also, New York already had their chance with Lafreniere so they should probably be disqualified from another opportunity to blow someone's career.

• Haha
Reactions: hawksrule

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
If the Blackhawks were currently a good hockey team, what punishment would people have wanted for this? I.e. if their first round draft picks were currently in the 25-32 range of the draft, would you still want their draft picks to be revoked?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If the Blackhawks were currently a good hockey team, what punishment would people have wanted for this? I.e. if their first round draft picks were currently in the 25-32 range of the draft, would you still want their draft picks to be revoked?
Doesn’t matter if good team or bad team,

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
It was a level playing field. Each team had a video coach. I wish Chicago had changed theirs, but having one was not a competitive advantage, lol. You can call the Chicago management from then every name in the book and I will agree, but there was not a competitive advantage.
Chicago viewed the difference between what Aldrich would contribute versus whoever they would have been able to replace him with large enough to sweep his actions under the rug. Every other team’s video coach wasn’t committing sexual abuse, so those individuals did not need to be replaced.
Again, this is evidence that is missing and questions that need to be asked or rather demanded instead of assumed by public court. Does it scream negligence/malice or does it scream incompetence? Or does it say discomfort and confusion around homosexuality in doing their due diligence?

What did the people in charge actually know or hear about the situation when querying both sides? Could James Gary have been inexplicit due to HIPPA or did Aldrich obfuscate details to cover his ass as a sociopath would?
Hiding it for over a decade is absolutely malicious.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Chicago viewed the difference between what Aldrich would contribute versus whoever they would have been able to replace him with large enough to sweep his actions under the rug. Every other team’s video coach wasn’t committing sexual abuse, so those individuals did not need to be replaced.
Correct. But that it not a competitive advantage over their opponents.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I have read it a number of times in the past and when I googled it now it came up. Not sure if it was recanted or not.
“The Blackhawks gave Mr. Aldrich the actual Stanley Cup to take to Houghton to show it off,” attorney Susan Loggans wrote in a letter to the team’s lawyers. “The Cup was inscribed with Mr. Aldrich’s name. Standing alone, this communication vouches for Mr. Aldrich’s suitability as a coach.”

This was the quote from the lawyer that made that statement that they gave a letter of recommendation.

Not going to make a comment about my thoughts on it. Just this is where it comes from.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
So then why did they keep it under wraps till after the Stanley Cup finals ?
Presumably to keep it from being a distraction, which is morally reprehensible, but did not give them an advantage over opponents.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Presumably to keep it from being a distraction, which is morally reprehensible, but did not give them an advantage over opponents.
It's also criminal forget morally reprehensible. It's crazy how sweeping rape/sexual assault under the rug is just glossed over.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad