Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If the league had any balls whatsoever, they would remove the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks name off of that cup. Leave the name of the players that won the cup but remove the organization's name and the fact that 2010 cup was awarded to Chicago. It should not count for that organization since it's a tarnished cup win.

That would just be stupid. They didn't cheat to win the cup.

disbar any member of that organization from entry into the HHOF. toews, kane, keith, quenneville, bowman.

a fine means nothing, a draft pick taken away from the 2024 team (although it should be done as well) doesn't punish the right people. at the very least make sure this stays as a stain on their legacy.

a bunch of scumbugs would cry about it, boo hoo. that would make it even better.

Why should the players be punished? They weren't aware of what was going on at the time.

IMO Quenneville will still make the HHOF, it just wont be for a long time.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Doesn't it?

If a report comes out tomorrow that Vegas did the same thing, would you actually want their punishment to be losing first round draft picks, knowing that it won't affect them?
Yep, you don’t just punish teams because they have good pick, and not punish them because the pick is lower in the first round lol.
Thats some weird logic your on, only punish them if it’s a good pick.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
People say Olympic organization have corruption and even they banned Russia from competing under the Russian name and stripped the medals off many Russian athletes after that PED coverup yet lame NHL still praises the 2010 Blackhawks cup win by not removing their organizations name off the cup. Pathetic

Thats because those players used PEDs/cheated.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
The Chicago Blackhawks are just a creepy organization and the NHL doesn't seem to care their image looks disgusting over this.

Seriously, when do the reporters start asking the players "how do you feel playing for such a filthy organization and why would you want to be associated with an organization that covered up multiple sexual assaults?"

That day will come just wait

Ironically, I think you are coming off as creepy here... :dunno:

That is a seriously strange and awkward question to ask someone who wasn't involved or around at the time and considering pretty much no one in the organization from that time period, remains.

You think Bedard or some of the youngsters should be asked and have to try and answer that question? Get real.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
It's also criminal forget morally reprehensible. It's crazy how sweeping rape/sexual assault under the rug is just glossed over.
No one’s glossing over anything. The NHL can’t press criminal charges.

Leaf Lander

Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
How could anyone not believe that Rocky Wirtz knew what was happening
Its his team. Offcourse he knows. They say he didn't know to make ownership exempt from a huge fine and loss of picks.

Bettman knew too I guarantee that!

Wirtz is dead cant punishment him only the devil can

Blachawks should loose 2 #1 picks and

Bettman should resign In disgrace

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Look, it’s clear that you could get a video of this happening and then the subsequent meeting between senior management and then you would still defend them until your last breath. If that is the person you are, I hope you’re a happy camper. I’m going to put you on mute.
Hilarious generalization and typical response to disengage with people who don't fall in line with your pretentious morality which is dealing in speculative assumptions and casting fake justice. How dare someone oppose you and the rest of the mob to pull back, with your perfect judgement absolute facts.

If you were in that board meeting and had power, man, things would be different.

Or wait, actually, maybe you just don't understand how a business works, and instead of being open to attributing an event to incompetence or naivety by a new front office who would assume the business ops to handle what is clearly a HR/legal matter, you would rather attribute it to malice and castigate people and dominate others with moral and ethical weaponization.

Absurd how I'm the one in the thread calling for those who are actually wanting justice to demand truth on the matter so it is served accordingly, rather than some blanket punishment that has ZERO precedent before it and no relevance to violating the CBA.

If you want justice, first you want answers. Period.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Yep, you don’t just punish teams because they have good pick, and not punish them because the pick is lower in the first round lol.
Thats some weird logic your on, only punish them if it’s a good pick.
I'm not on that logic at all. I think the logic of removing draft picks as a punishment is extremely flawed, because it ONLY works if the team is bad when the crime is revealed. It's a punishment people want to apply in this case because of the Bedard draft pick.

The impact a late first rounder has on a team is, on average, extremely limited.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
The Chicago Blackhawks are just a creepy organization and the NHL doesn't seem to care their image looks disgusting over this.

Seriously, when do the reporters start asking the players "how do you feel playing for such a filthy organization and why would you want to be associated with an organization that covered up multiple sexual assaults?"

That day will come just wait.....
I would bet my house that all present in the room back in the day would testify under anonymity that there was no "assault".

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I'll ask again

Why is there no push or calls for Aldrich to be held criminally liable for the Blackhawks stuff? Seems like the individual is getting somewhat of a pass because people are directing too much anger at the org. The guy is a convicted kiddly diddler and apparent serial sexual assaulter. He only served 9 months in prison.

Probably a guy who should be rotting with a pretty long prison sentence (in gen pop with all his fellow inmates knowing exactly who he is/what he did to the kid). Already being a convicted sex offender, the case seems like a slam dunk

Reactions: Malaka

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I am a fan. I didn't do anything.

"All coaches and front office members listed in Doe's lawsuit are no longer with the Blackhawks organization." - This is from Emily Kaplan's article today.

Being mad at an organization just makes zero sense to me.. Especially when it immediately goes to talking about losing draft picks.

I don't get mad at the Washington Commanders because they were pimping out their cheerleaders. I get mad at the people in charge who did it. I get mad at the people who failed them. It just makes zero sense to be mad at an abstract thing.

Can't believe I need to clarify this but I am not comparing crimes. Just talking about people vs organization.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The players WERE aware. They made fun of Beach. Quennville was aware.
Sopel definitely thinks everyone knew. So does Boyton. Quenneville definitely knew.

I can't say for certain what the players knew, but I have a hard time believe they didn't know at least something. Its really hard to crucify someone without knowing for certain.

Reactions: AzHawk

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Black Ace 1 recalled Aldrich stating that he “could bury us” in the Blackhawks organization and make sure “you could never play” by saying “not nice things about us.”98 Six additional witnesses told us that, after Aldrich’s separation from the Blackhawks, each heard a rumor that Aldrich threatened players’ careers.99

Just a quick quote from the report to the doubters that don't think a 5'5 guy could threaten or assault someone so big and masculine.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

"All coaches and front office members listed in Doe's lawsuit are no longer with the Blackhawks organization." - This is from Emily Kaplan's article today.

Being mad at an organization just makes zero sense to me.. Especially when it immediately goes to talking about losing draft picks.

I don't get mad at the Washington Commanders because they were pimping out their cheerleaders. I get mad at the people in charge who did it. I get mad at the people who failed them. It just makes zero sense to be mad at an abstract thing.

Can't believe I need to clarify this but I am not comparing crimes. Just talking about people vs organization.
All irrelevant. The crime was covered up. The only way to prevent future situations is to make sure that there is absolutely no benefit in covering it up.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

And you're not getting mentions in the thread asking you to personally account for what happened.

Some Hawks fans, however, like to walk in here and try to get everyone else to just "get over it" and can't shut the f*** up about arguing technicalities long enough to realize they're making themselves out to be assholes. Don't be that guy and you won't be in that group.

Sens fans didn't ignore capfriendly and pretend an NTC didn't exist, they're still losing something as a result even though the team is literally under new ownership. It isn't about you guys, it's about establishing what the league takes seriously.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I think this is a really sensitive situation and anyone using it to point-score or have a go at Hawks fans should give it a rest. The blame lies solely with those who enabled this and allowed it to happen.

I think the NHL needs to get it’s priorities right though. How can they deem gambling offenses worthy of a half season ban but not deal with this in any respectable manner?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So Ottawa's punishment was based on the Senators allegedly having a competitive advantage, but Chicago covering up a crime during a playoff run isn't a competitive advantage? The math isn't mathing.
Oh no, you see, a competitive advantage isn't preventing a disadvantage. As long as the rest of the NHL has video coaches, there was nothing wrong with continuing to employ Aldrich until the playoffs were over. Every team had the same advantage, you see. Other than the fact that the other video coaches, as far as we know, weren't at a risk to sexually assault the players but that's semantics when you really think about it.

Not Chicago's fault the NHL Constitution sucks, move on stop talking about it, check out this Bedard highlight. Things are great!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad