Blackhawks sued (again) by teammate of Kyle Beach for sexual assault

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Never going to see an organization lose picks for criminal stuff. Someone hits their wife it’s a 3rd. Sexual assault a 1st. Murder multiple 1sts?

Slippery slope they’ll never start.

Apparently even more than what already happened. And that was bad enough on its own. At this point who is to say there isn't more and not more cover ups or flat out negligence
This isn’t anything new. Another player from the report is suing. But you wouldn’t know.

Reactions: AzHawk

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Being mad at an abstract organization when actual people are the ones who did the crimes, covered the crimes, is just odd.
splitting hairs like this only makes chicago fans feel better. the rest of us aren't comfortable playing dumb like that. the nhl should have far more recourse when an organization messes up this badly and abuses it's own players.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
splitting hairs like this only makes chicago fans feel better. the rest of us aren't comfortable playing dumb like that. the nhl should have far more recourse when an organization messes up this badly and abuses it's own players.
Doesn’t make me feel better.

Reactions: AzHawk

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
We need to stop victim blaming in general.

I think John Doe is courageous for doing this.
Agreed but why stain everyone in the entire organization with the same brush...wait that doesn't fit the way these threads go with limited information then wild over the top conclusions and social media justice.

Perhaps if and when we have a clearer picture of what did and didn't happen and who did or didn't do something people could limited their comments on just that?

Big ask I know.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the NHL has a level of culpability in this fiasco that hasn’t come out, similar to Hockey Canada
Exactly what culpability does the NHL have here or hockey Canada with individuals actions?

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Agreed but why stain everyone in the entire organization with the same brush...wait that doesn't fit the way these threads go with limited information then wild over the top conclusions and social media justice.

Perhaps if and when we have a clearer picture of what did and didn't happen and who did or didn't do something people could limited their comments on just that?

Big ask I know.

Exactly what culpability does the NHL have here or hockey Canada with individuals actions?
It all comes down to what they knew

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Is this a serious question?
well he was responding to this quote

Give them the f***ing death penalty already. It's embarrassing they ended up with Bedard already.

I mean who is them and what death penalty crime did they do to deserve to die?

The fact that this even has to be mentioned to some here is troubling.

• Haha
Reactions: Lt Dan

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It all comes down to what they knew
That's great who knew exactly what and when is what needs to be flushed out not take away their superstar and give him to my team and take away their draft picks and BTW I don't like certain players ect....

Look I'm a Wirtz (the first 2 of them) hater but I also believe in due process and also have a problem with social media mobs who come to wild conclusions based on either limited or distorted facts.

Follow the facts and then deal with it but going down the road of speculation and distorted views doesn't help anyone.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It’s not the topic of this thread because Bedard doesn’t play in Winnipeg. The topic is about the 2010 Blackhawks organization, in which Marc B and Chevy were part of.

I also never said they escape negligence. Everyone got fired and they paid a fine. They paid the fine the NHL gave them.
If someone wants to start a thread about Chevy still being employed I'd be happy to discuss that he shouldn't be. He and anyone involved or possessing supervisory authority should be completely and utterly blacklisted from this league and this sport. Not just indefinite suspensions with "we'll revisit the issue after people forget."

As to the second paragraph, I don't know how else we gotta put it. The NHL's constitution as drafted is a failure under these circumstances because it likely didn't contemplate circumstance like this. Because the "punishment" the Hawks got is the equivalent of the Mario Kart guy who warns you that you're going the wrong way. It's f***ing nothing.

The mentions of it being bullshit that Chicago only had to pay one year of a 6th defenseman's salary and then the sequence of events led them to land a generational talent who will generate them exponentially more money than 2 million dollars and should eventually figure to be the top component of a recovered rebuild is less than the organization deserves considering the slap on the wrist they got. That's where the discussion turned. Whether an appropriate punishment should or should not have pick forfeiture or a block from drafting first overall is really impertinent to whether people feel that the Hawks organization has gotten its due for its failures. That's why I mention vicarious liability theories. If a court of law wouldn't give a flying f*** that individually responsible/involved parties were fired as to the organization's liability why should I?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I assumed that they were using the term in the sports sense; for instance:

Sure maybe but he did follow up with this so maybe not.

Apparently even more than what already happened. And that was bad enough on its own. At this point who is to say there isn't more and not more cover ups or flat out negligence

Okay I see that he added this after you brought it up, assuming that he was thinking this and just didn't include the link....wait that was someone else so back to who knows he wrote the words and they were pretty clear right?
Think it was painfully obvious this is what they meant by giving the team the death penalty:
The 'Death Penalty' and How the College Sports Conversation Has Changed

Also college sports to an NHL franchise is just 2 different worlds

DavidpauseReinbacher

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020

Big ask I know.

They still need to lose multiple firsts. Regardless of how the rest of the organization feels.

Reactions: Relapsing

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If someone wants to start a thread about Chevy still being employed I'd be happy to discuss that he shouldn't be. He and anyone involved or possessing supervisory authority should be completely and utterly blacklisted from this league and this sport. Not just indefinite suspensions with "we'll revisit the issue after people forget."

As to the second paragraph, I don't know how else we gotta put it. The NHL's constitution as drafted is a failure under these circumstances because it likely didn't contemplate circumstance like this. Because the "punishment" the Hawks got is the equivalent of the Mario Kart guy who warns you that you're going the wrong way. It's f***ing nothing.

The mentions of it being bullshit that Chicago only had to pay one year of a 6th defenseman's salary and then the sequence of events led them to land a generational talent who will generate them exponentially more money than 2 million dollars and should eventually figure to be the top component of a recovered rebuild is less than the organization deserves considering the slap on the wrist they got. That's where the discussion turned. Whether an appropriate punishment should or should not have pick forfeiture or a block from drafting first overall is really impertinent to whether people feel that the Hawks organization has gotten its due for its failures. That's why I mention vicarious liability theories. If a court of law wouldn't give a flying f*** that individually responsible/involved parties were fired as to the organization's liability why should I?
It’s a discussion about the 2010 Blackhawks, which includes Chevy. It’s not my fault you direct your anger at the 2023 Blackhawks and need a new thread to discuss people who were in the room. You would rather be angry at the organization.

Also the fact they paid a Mickey Mouse fine isn’t their fault. Which we’ve already went over a million times. You also fail to discuss that no team has ever received punishment for criminal acts in the form of competitive penalties.. because of the above discussion about commingling them being a slippery slope.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Never going to see an organization lose picks for criminal stuff. Someone hits their wife it’s a 3rd. Sexual assault a 1st. Murder multiple 1sts?

Slippery slope they’ll never start.

This isn’t anything new. Another player from the report is suing. But you wouldn’t know.
It wasn't the crime, it was the cover up. If the second they were made aware of this they had indefinitely suspended the guy, launched an investigation and then fired the guy none of this would've happened. In fact if they had done that they would've been praised for doing the right thing, instead they did the exact opposite. And in doing so they allowed this guy to go on and commit more crimes when he could've been stopped dead in his tracks had they done the right thing.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It wasn't the crime, it was the cover up. If the second they were made aware of this they had indefinitely suspended the guy, launched an investigation and then fired the guy none of this would've happened. In fact if they had done that they would've been praised for doing the right thing, instead they did the exact opposite. And in doing so they allowed this guy to go on and commit more crimes when he could've been stopped dead in his tracks had they done the right thing.
Both are bad. Im more speaking in general about commingling competitive hockey punishments for criminal acts.

We don’t disagree on the fact that sexual assault, and covering it up, are extremely heinous.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I’m 20 years old and I played junior A. I have a lot of friends and I don’t think I know a single person who would care at all about this situation. I personally don’t know Kyle Beach so why should I care about him?
Idk maybe if you're a young player, you don't wanna get sexually assaulted and have it covered up

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Both are bad. Im more speaking in general about commingling competitive hockey punishments for criminal acts.

We don’t disagree on the fact that sexual assault, and covering it up, are extremely heinous.
Because so many people in the organization knew and cover it up there needs to be serious penalties to the organization. And hopefully that deters people from down that road again.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad