Biggest diver on your NHL team?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
No one on the Flyers are major divers, but I feel Giroux or Rinaldo will embellish the most.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Giordano. I've seen him grab other players sticks trying to get a hooking call countless times last season.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
What? He hasn't dove once while on the Blues. He's just weak on his skates.
I only watched bits of STL/NYR and STL/NJ, but managed to catch these.

07:26 NYR Kevin Hayes Hooking against Joakim Lindstrom

11:12 NJD Adam Larsson Holding against Joakim Lindstrom

Those were flops. He was a top-2 diver in the SHL, so no surprise.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Gallagher?

Plekanec dives like a clown frequently.

Anyway, I'd say Brassard or Hagelin are the worst on the Rangers. would have been Callahan before we rid ourselves of him.

Is this a joke?

Gallagher, Emelin and Subban are some of the leagues biggest divers.

Not even close. The 3 mentioned above dive way more than Pacs. Pacs doesn't care enough to dive.

Andrei Markov, too.

You're kidding, right?

hilarious post...

2 players called for dives last night. I would say for the hawks Shaw

In b4 montreal doesn't have one

oh wait, no im not.

I get it, my post was a little premature and written without sufficient thought. Thanks for the kind comments though

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Giordano. I've seen him grab other players sticks trying to get a hooking call countless times last season.

Not a Flames fan, so I don't want to get accused of homering here...

That walks the line for me of gamesmanship versus diving. It's like with goalies - I give them a big pass when it comes to flopping around. I know it's a BS line to draw in a lot of ways, but holding a stick or causing an opponents stick to ride up to hit your visor or something like that... Meh, I'm okay with that.

Analyzer*

"There's no one who really stands out..."

Please, every team has divers on it. If you don't think your team has one, you're not objective enough to discuss anything hockey related.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Haven't seen Kesler dive yet. Quite honestly none of our players dive with any regularity. And that's not like team defending I just don't see it as very commonplace with anyone. I hate diving enough to admit if one of our players made a bad habit about it.

I don't watch the Ducks but I hear Perry has a reputation. Or is that like the Burrows reputation where people call him a diver because they hate him?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
"There's no one who really stands out..."

Please, every team has divers on it. If you don't think your team has one, you're not objective enough to discuss anything hockey related.

Help us out, then--who is it on the Jets?

(Realizing, of course, that you probably don't give a **** about the Jets.)

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
I was expecting more posts saying "my team doesn't dive".

Every team is guilty, so its always been my pet peeve that a team gets that label placed on them when every team has 1-2 guys who are guilty.

Ours would be Burrows.. but I can't honestly remember the last dive I would have seen. Really haven't seen any diving since the days of AV (that I can recall). I think AV may have encouraged players to try and milk a call.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
It's somewhat refreshing to know that goaltenders dress up calls too. In a weird way I guess.

Refreshing? Goaltenders are the absolute worst. ALL of them dive because they know how many gratuitous goaltender interference calls they can get. It's disgusting how often they go down like they've been shot despite the fact that their entire anatomy is conditioned to cranking their knees up and down.

Mighty Chin

Dec 13, 2013
I'm baffled by people thinking Burrows dives. I can't think of ever seeing a blatant dive by him. Kesler sure he would do it.

Maybe Burr embellished a few hooks but that is not diving. It's making sure the Ref notices the infraction.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I don't know if he's the biggest diver on the Leafs but JvR can go down real easily sometimes for such a strong skater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad