Biggest diver on your NHL team?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crashman

Every NHL player embellishes to some degree, but the only Red Wings player I would call a diver is Franzen. What makes it worse is that he's our biggest forward, but he's also the biggest sissy.

None.

It's one thing I am proud that the Wild do not do.

That's not true

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I admit it was a stupid choice to go behind Montoya. Bot before that, you're telling me that when Bogosion pushed him on the net the way he did, it was a perfectly fine thing to do? Then when Montoya punched him in the face, that was a strong hockey play?

Geez I understand that it was your team that was favored on this play, but take off the homer glasses there, those were clear cut interferences on a guy that was nowhere near the puck/play.

If it had been against a Jets player, you'd all go bat**** about it.

I'm not saying Gallagher didn't embellish once on that play, but there's no way what happened there was perfectly within the rules. Those were very easy to see interferences on a guy who was trying to get out of the zone when his team was trailing by 1 goal with less than a minute to go in the game.

Jets deserved a penalty on the play without doubt, but didn't give b/c it was Gall doing his normal stick. Plus Gall kept looking at the refs begging for a call, well that never works.....that gets the ref to put away the whistle. If that had been any other player the Jets get 2 mins, but b/c it's Gall and his reputation they let it go.

Good on the refs, Gall could of avoided all/virtually all that if he wanted to.

Entire thread on the subject and beat to death already.

I love Gall, love to have on my team....but like any pest sometimes they cross the line into stupidity....like on this play. Sometimes you have to sit them down and say to them cut down on the BS and just play. Marchard is the same, he crosses the line at times and needs to be pulled back. It happens.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I used to be embarrassed by Carcillo's dives while he was on the Flyers

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
None.

It's one thing I am proud that the Wild do not do.

I'm struggling to think of one as well. Wild certainly don't have any blatant repeat divers.

Haula has acouple, but he' got so little experience its tough to put him into that category.

I have a sneaking suspicion Parise is a bit of a diver, but he's always moving his legs and working his bum off when he goes down, its tough to tell if its a dive when he does it.

penguins2946*

I'd say Letang, and it's not really close here either. Kunitz has dove a lot this year, but Letang is definitely the worst.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Ducks... :laugh:

I have to give the crown to Perry for this one. Haven't really noticed anything too bad from Kesler (yet).

Vatanen is starting to get a reputation (deserved) for diving/embellishing as well.

foshizzle11

Oct 12, 2010
The worm has turned in Vancouver. I can't think of anyone. We got rid of our worst diver to Anaheim.

haha, Burrows, oops it wasn't asking for biggest biters...

Someone mentioned Stajan as the biggest diver, well I really don't know whoe embellishes the most on the Flames, maybe Stajan but I am having a hard time pin pointing someone. Really, when have we been accused of diving?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Rinaldo is pretty much the only guy on the Flyers who dives.

What about Brayden Schenn? At least as of 2012 in that series against the Penguins he seemed to be falling over from the lightest touches.

As far as the Penguins- Kris Letang by a country mile.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Used to easily Callahan.

It's probably Hagelin now. Though the Rangers don't have a really notorious diver. I don't agree with Brassard being the worst on the team.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I've been told Logan Couture, but other than that one or two times in the playoffs, I haven't seen it. Maybe it's the rose colored Sharks glasses blinding me.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Well used to be Laperrier and Kesler but there gone so is tough now. I dont think we have any any more and feels pretty good cause diving has to go :)

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Shaw for sure. He gives 100% for everything, including embellishments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad