Biggest diver on your NHL team?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

spg2000

Mar 2, 2013
Habs don't really have any 'biggest' diver, just the odd stupid one that decides to embellish like that every few months.

You're kidding, right?

On the Bruins it's Marchand for sure. I really wish he would take diving and the cheap stuff out of his game. At first it seemed like he needed to play on the line (or over it) to be effective in the league, but after a few years this is obviously not the case. He's a 20-25 goal scorer who plays strong defense on the PK, he should focus more on that.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
What dive are you referring to?

I only recall him diving a couple times and even then one of them (the one below) is extremely debatable

He was the only one that got a penalty on this btw lol

Hahaha I forgot about that.

It went from "HOW DID WE NOT GET A PENALTY!!!!?" to "Did that guy serious just dive/sell the call 3 times in a row?"

I loved how hard that backfired on him.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

It went from "HOW DID WE NOT GET A PENALTY!!!!?" to "Did that guy serious just dive/sell the call 3 times in a row?"

Yup, I think I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at him. :laugh:

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006

To be fair, those really were 3 interferences. He was nowhere near the puck, it was in the neutral zone... Come on man

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Tarasenko, he's the only one that does it and has gotten called for it I believe. I hate when he does it.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Obviously Mike Smith. Haha.

No way!

mike-smith-embellish_medium.gif

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
To be fair, those really were 3 interferences. He was nowhere near the puck, it was in the neutral zone... Come on man

He comes from behind the net and tries to skate behind Montoya for no reason. He's a pest and was treated like one. That's why there was no interference call there.

Then as Bogo is removing him from the crease, he flies back like Bogo used a cheat code.

The only one that was close was the Trouba play but if you watch it from the other camera angle, Trouba stops before contact and Gally goes into him on his knees.

The whole play was a complete farce from Gally's point as he tried so hard over and over to get a call. I love it when the refs know who they are dealing with.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
He comes from behind the net and tries to skate behind Montoya for no reason. He's a pest and was treated like one. That's why there was no interference call there.

Then as Bogo is removing him from the crease, he flies back like Bogo used a cheat code.

The only one that was close was the Trouba play but if you watch it from the other camera angle, Trouba stops before contact and Gally goes into him on his knees.

The whole play was a complete farce from Gally's point as he tried so hard over and over to get a call. I love it when the refs know who they are dealing with.

I admit it was a stupid choice to go behind Montoya. Bot before that, you're telling me that when Bogosion pushed him on the net the way he did, it was a perfectly fine thing to do? Then when Montoya punched him in the face, that was a strong hockey play?

Geez I understand that it was your team that was favored on this play, but take off the homer glasses there, those were clear cut interferences on a guy that was nowhere near the puck/play.

If it had been against a Jets player, you'd all go bat**** about it.

I'm not saying Gallagher didn't embellish once on that play, but there's no way what happened there was perfectly within the rules. Those were very easy to see interferences on a guy who was trying to get out of the zone when his team was trailing by 1 goal with less than a minute to go in the game.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Habs don't really have any 'biggest' diver, just the odd stupid one that decides to embellish like that every few months.

2 players called for dives last night. I would say for the hawks Shaw

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Never seen Turris dive. I'd have to sy Ryan. Honestly the sens dont seem to dive a lot

It was hard to pick someone for the Sens as they don't really have any "known" divers.

Karlsson had one epic dive that I can remember, but nobody else has anything that really stands out. Erik dived when Kaleta hit him like a feather on the helmet, but it was right in front of a referee and Kaleta was being an idiot so I probably wouldve done the same thing.

Im just saying it seems like Turris is pretty good at falling a lot.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I really feel the Jets don't have any divers. But one thing Kane used always do that drove me nuts, is when someone did do a infraction on him he would look directly at the ref and/or rise his arms in the air saying basically where's the call. Well refs of course didn't like being made look bad so they called far less pens on players who did do a infraction on him.

Well that went on for a couple years, finally Kane gets it this year (and late last year) and has stopped doing it, he now draws more pens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad