Confirmed with Link: Tyler Motte 1 year 800k

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Veleno replacement?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

joey_velvet.jpg

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
If this signing means the team is getting ready to move on from Joey. Then I really like it.

I like what Motte can bring on the PK.
Nice to see a 4th liner with an appropriate 4th line caphit too.
I’ve just been against veleno for some time. I did start changing my mind during middle of last season but he went right back to it at the end. Kasper can eat veleno minutes and possibly move up in the lineup if needed

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
I’ve just been against veleno for some time. I did start changing my mind during middle of last season but he went right back to it at the end. Kasper can eat veleno minutes and possibly move up in the lineup if needed
I've been trying to remain the optimist about him, but he only manages to have an occasional ten game stretch where he shows something to think he still has upside. At this point I am not going to be upset about him getting traded off, and if he can't make himself more relevant than cheap 4th liner depth, so be it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'd rather let him spend some time focusing on offensive production for the first half of the season, but Motte-Kasper-Fischer sounds like more trouble for the other team.
How?

Joey had 28 pts in the NHL, Kasper had 35 in the AHL. Joey had 49% FO%, 108 hits (151 previous season), he's bigger, shoots better (14%), and is a slightly better skater.

I don't see Kasper as an upgrade, at best it's an even move. Let the kid get some PP in GR, because he's not gonna get any in Detroit. The kid throws a few crosschecks in the back, and everyone thinks he's some sort of high end agitator.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'd rather let him spend some time focusing on offensive production for the first half of the season, but Motte-Kasper-Fischer sounds like more trouble for the other team.
Nah, let Kasper play with Copp and Ras. Veleno doesn't have quite the same level of jam as Marco.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
How?

Joey had 28 pts in the NHL, Kasper had 35 in the AHL. Joey had 49% FO%, 108 hits (151 previous season), he's bigger, shoots better (14%), and is a slightly better skater.

I don't see Kasper as an upgrade, at best it's an even move. Let the kid get some PP in GR, because he's not gonna get any in Detroit. The kid throws a few crosschecks in the back, and everyone thinks he's some sort of high end agitator.
I had hopes for Joey, but he seems to decline into mediocrity more than show signs of future improvement. At this point Kasper has a higher, even if not guaranteed, ceiling. I don't think the team gets worse with that substitution, and I think Kasper would be both more unpleasant, and more creative...
I'm totally fine letting him develop his offense in GR. That's probably the right move for his progress. I still think he would make the other team's life harder than Joey does.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
With this signing, if we sign our RFAs which is expected, that puts us at 12 forwards(counting Burgers). We might be done on the front end barring a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad