Biggest diver on your NHL team?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I've been told Logan Couture, but other than that one or two times in the playoffs, I haven't seen it. Maybe it's the rose colored Sharks glasses blinding me.

It's Couture. He's top 3 in the league, and I don't even watch a ton of Sharks games.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Canes? I'd have to say Tim Gleason and Jay Harrison.

EDIT: Oh wait. I think I might be confused with just randomly falling down for no reason with diving.

Skinner the last couple of years, although it's gotten better.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Also, I guess I have to take my medicine. It's probably Callahan. He has rather... enthusiastic responses to contact at times. Wouldn't call him a big diver, but he does it more than anyone on the team.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
What dive are you referring to?

I only recall him diving a couple times and even then one of them (the one below) is extremely debatable

He was the only one that got a penalty on this btw lol

He didn't get a penalty. No one did in that sequence.

I admit it was a stupid choice to go behind Montoya. Bot before that, you're telling me that when Bogosion pushed him on the net the way he did, it was a perfectly fine thing to do? Then when Montoya punched him in the face, that was a strong hockey play?

Geez I understand that it was your team that was favored on this play, but take off the homer glasses there, those were clear cut interferences on a guy that was nowhere near the puck/play.

If it had been against a Jets player, you'd all go bat**** about it.

I'm not saying Gallagher didn't embellish once on that play, but there's no way what happened there was perfectly within the rules. Those were very easy to see interferences on a guy who was trying to get out of the zone when his team was trailing by 1 goal with less than a minute to go in the game.

Non-homer glasses version:

Fraser: Habs' Gallagher Brought Non-Calls On Himself (tl;dr: one Jets penalty, three dives, possible spiteful officials.)

penguins2946*

Isles fan here.

I'm gonna have to go with Crosby.

A. Crosby doesn't dive at this point, are we still stuck in 2006 or something?
B. I wasn't aware that Crosby played for the Islanders now.

Edit: Or exactly what NAO said. You're stuck in the past.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Haven't seen Kesler dive yet. Quite honestly none of our players dive with any regularity. And that's not like team defending I just don't see it as very commonplace with anyone. I hate diving enough to admit if one of our players made a bad habit about it.

Teemu was as close as it gets last year.

Isles fan here.

On your fantasy team?

Ducksforcup

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Haven't seen Kesler dive yet. Quite honestly none of our players dive with any regularity. And that's not like team defending I just don't see it as very commonplace with anyone. I hate diving enough to admit if one of our players made a bad habit about it.

Teemu was as close as it gets last year.

On your fantasy team?

Vatman has been doing some serious embellishment this year though.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Isles fan here.

Sorry to awake you from your wonderful dream but the Isles don't have Crosby and they still suck. :nod:

Sid doesn't dive anymore but he earned the reputation and it's hard to get rid of, especially when you garner jealous hate in general for being the generation's best.

Tough call. Maybe Kunitz.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Plekanec is a master at the head snap.

Subban will embellish actual contact to make it seem worse.

Gallagher gets a pretty unfair rep as he takes a lot of abuse that gets uncalled.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sorry to awake you from your wonderful dream but the Isles don't have Crosby and they still suck. :nod:

Sid doesn't dive anymore but he earned the reputation and it's hard to get rid of, especially when you garner jealous hate in general for being the generation's best.

was that even remotely necessary?

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Depends what the definition of "diver" is. Are we talking guys that go down a little too easily? Then probably Letang(especially given how strong the guy is) or Kunitz. But if we're including all forms of embellishment, then Sid would be in the running for his mastery of the head flail move. :laugh:

HabsHockey*

Someone is mad at the Isles.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's Couture. He's top 3 in the league, and I don't even watch a ton of Sharks games.

Most people don't even know a dive when they see one but I find it funny that you can proclaim one to be ranked anywhere on a list and not watch a ton of Sharks games. Most people when it comes to dives, see what they want to see. Couture isn't even close to the biggest diver on the team when Adam Burish is still employed there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad