Biggest diver on your NHL team?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
PK Subban :facepalm:

Also Gallagher isn't really a diver, the kid can't ****ing stay on his skates. He literally falls when there's no pressure around him.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Honestly the canucks have cleaned up their act. I can't think of any dives this season yet from any of the team. I'm usually the first to call out when a guy goes down a little too easily.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I know Turris is a frail human being (for an athlete I should say) but he seems to go down very easily a couple times a game.

He's never really had anything super blatant, but you can definentely tell if there a stick on him he may play it up a little bit.

Never seen Turris dive. I'd have to sy Ryan. Honestly the sens dont seem to dive a lot

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Kesl...

Burrows?

Honestly the canucks have cleaned up their act. I can't think of any dives this season yet from any of the team. I'm usually the first to call out when a guy goes down a little too easily.

Since we got rid of Kesler we don't really have any offenders.

Burrows has a reputation for diving but I don't think he actually dives. He just has an all-encompassing reputation of whatever people hate about hockey players, whether or not it's deserved.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Brassard probably.

Looking back to last year, Callahan was probably the biggest embellisher on the team.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Couture's a blatant embellisher but I'd say Pavelski does it more often in a generally more convincing way.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Wow, tough for the Rangers. Nobody really stands out but i'll give the nod to Zuccerello.

Nah man Zooks doesn't really do a lot of diving, gotta give it to Brassard and his ballerina twirl from last years playoffs. Cally was our heart and soul before the trade but he embellished quite a bit, as did Dubinsky back in the day and Anisimov was just a human hit stick (love Arty but the man gets decimated more often than anyone else I have seen in this League).

Right now the Ranger divers are few and far between, surprising since they have gone with the speed and skill approach and players that fit that mold are stereotypically the divers. Keep your eyes open, the season is still young and there is plenty of time for somebody to take a dip off the diving board (hope it is Kreider so I can watch the board explode :laugh: )

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Anybody remember how bad Marty Turco's diving antics were during his career? He would flop if somebody so much as brushed him while driving towards the net, he was very adept at milking those goalie interference penalties

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Anybody remember how bad Marty Turco's diving antics were during his career? He would flop if somebody so much as brushed him while driving towards the net, he was very adept at milking those goalie interference penalties

Yup. I remember he would leave his crease a lot so he'd be more likely to have incidental contact to dive from.

I'm also remembering one time he went like 20 feet out of his crease, got massively hit by Darcy Hordichuk straight-on, and there was no penalty, and it was beautiful.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Gallagher, Emelin and Subban are some of the leagues biggest divers.

Not even close. The 3 mentioned above dive way more than Pacs. Pacs doesn't care enough to dive.

Andrei Markov, too.

I know you hate emelin, but I dont think I've ever seen him dive lol.
Paccioretty dived that one time a few games ago.
So he has more then emelin

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Getzlaf has said on more than one occasion (when the discussion turns to diving/embellishment) he's turned to send a pass off to Perry only to find that he's tripped over the blue line once again.... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad