GDT: NHL Entry draft thread : Kings traded down w/ Mtl #21 for #26, 57 and 198

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
With the 1st round almost complete I have to say the Kings need to find a way to get extra picks cause that 2nd round will also have some really good players maybe great players coming out of there...heck I might trade a 2nd next year to get another shot at the top of the 2nd round...Good Luck to the Kings with the 57th choice and subsequent rounds in 4th,6th and 7th round...I see the Kings taking a D-man with the 57th choice...would have loved to have LA take Chernyshov but maybe there are too many obstacles there

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Mostly typical pick by the Kings. Only difference is he isn't short/small. He is a poor skater, who has an aversion to throwing consistent good hard checks. Appears we are getting another Vilardi or Byfield, in that they don't like the physical stuff. Hope I am proved wrong.

With so many guys available like Emery and Elick, who love hitting, the Kings go with the opposite. And to top it off, the Ducks pick Solberg, possibly the hardest meanest hitter in the draft. But that's just who they are, both teams.

And to really top it off, the Rangers selected Emery. Back in 2018, I was hoping the Kings would have drafted KAndre Miller at 18, who was available, but the Kings instead chose Kupari. History repeating itself?

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Mostly typical pick by the Kings. Only difference is he isn't short/small. He is a poor skater, who has an aversion to throwing consistent good hard checks. Appears we are getting another Vilardi or Byfield, in that they don't like the physical stuff. Hope I am proved wrong.

With so many guys available like Emery and Elick, who love hitting, the Kings go with the opposite. And to top it off, the Ducks pick Solberg, possibly the hardest meanest hitter in the draft. But that's just who they are, both teams.
Byfield is going to be Super-Star for the Kings in time

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Vilardi didn’t like physical hockey? He made his living around the net and wasn’t shy to muck it up after the whistle.

Reactions: Guitpik

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
LUC farthest left...LOL...and buddy Bergevin close to him.
Hope Luc is further and further pushed out...

Greentree is a big kid. 6'2.5" 215 at combine weighin. Probably plays at 6'3" 225 in 2 yrs.
attached pics pulled from Bernstein's X .

greentree.jpg

greentree1.jpg

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
The Oilers tying up their next two first round picks due to conditions so that they can't be dealt at the trade deadline to try and help a team needing to win now is an extremely interesting decision

Reactions: funky and FSL KINGS

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
With the 1st round almost complete I have to say the Kings need to find a way to get extra picks cause that 2nd round will also have some really good players maybe great players coming out of there...heck I might trade a 2nd next year to get another shot at the top of the 2nd round...Good Luck to the Kings with the 57th choice and subsequent rounds in 4th,6th and 7th round...I see the Kings taking a D-man with the 57th choice...would have loved to have LA take Chernyshov but maybe there are too many obstacles there
Could be why he wasn't taken at all. You'd never hear the end of it if they took Chernyshov, and he never could play here.:nod:

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Greentree fell a bit because of concerns about his skating
Number one thing kings look for. Dudes who can't skate. Vilardi, Kaliyev, Clarke, Greentree!!! Wouldn't want it any other way. Lol. But still like the pick. Big kid 5 years away at least.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Let’s just see how he even does being center. There’s unfortunately nothing to suggest he’d handle it well because there’s a 400 year old Slovenian oaf who’s too busy milking the blank check the Kings keep giving him and blocking the spot.
All good things will come in time...another year of training and getting stronger and playing with Kopi-Star and "Juice"!!!

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Vilardi didn’t like physical hockey? He made his living around the net and wasn’t shy to muck it up after the whistle.

Maybe we have a difference in thought with physical play. Vilardi was anything but physical. The only time I ever saw him throw a good hard check, was after he was hit hard and knocked down by the same player. When I saw that, I thought, Vilardi could throw good hard checks if he wanted, but he refuses to do so. It's not apart of his game.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Big kid that can shoot. Has a wicked shot.

It seems skating can be worked on, but shots like his are not easy to find.

He wasn’t my top pick but he was in my top 5. Could have big upside.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad