GDT: NHL Entry draft thread : Kings traded down w/ Mtl #21 for #26, 57 and 198

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Anderson was the 7th OA pick at the draft. The Kings had 3 second rnd picks in 2020, traded the lowest, 60th for him. Worth the risk for a former top 10 pick. Kaliyev will probably be part of a bigger deal, not just for futures.
What pissed me off about the trade was the Rangers drafted Will Cuylle, a guy I wanted the Kings to draft with that pick.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Not sure if the full post draft 17:30 vid of Yannnetti was posted.
Good stuff.
I still wonder why Carter George was such a must to target and get that 2nd rd pick,
(nothing against Carter George, seems like a legit talent)
when they have Slukynsky and Portillo. Coupled with the fact they have had a lean 2021 and
this draft, in terms of picks. And more of a need for top 6 forward swings.
Makes me wonder if in their minds, Hammer may play 4 yrs of college and then become
a free agent...and / or that Portillo is thought of as a future pro goalie, that is not the one
to win a cup with. Whether or not I am thinking to much, still think they should be targeting
a forward #1, defenseman #2, then goalie #3, with the 57 OA. Whether or not that player is 2-4 yrs away from playing in the NHL. Esp since Portillo and Slukynsky each had great seasons, above expectations, honestly. Yannetti talks about hypothetical paths for George and Slukynsky from 15:30 to the end of video. Interesting.

Makes me a little miffed to as to why they had a 10 year lackadaisical period once Quick was #1,
at EVER getting a top tier talent goalie in a draft and were taking longshot ones. They should have
really made a top 3 round goalie selection, somewhere in those 10 lean years...they seemed to be ok with finding a Martin Jones or a recycle Campbell type of future replacement,

Good video!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Not sure if the full post draft 17:30 vid of Yannnetti was posted.
Good stuff.
I still wonder why Carter George was such a must to target and get that 2nd rd pick,
(nothing against Carter George, seems like a legit talent)
when they have Slukynsky and Portillo. Coupled with the fact they have had a lean 2021 and
this draft, in terms of picks. And more of a need for top 6 forward swings.
Makes me wonder if in their minds, Hammer may play 4 yrs of college and then become
a free agent...and / or that Portillo is thought of as a future pro goalie, that is not the one
to win a cup with. Whether or not I am thinking to much, still think they should be targeting
a forward #1, defenseman #2, then goalie #3, with the 57 OA. Whether or not that player is 2-4 yrs away from playing in the NHL. Esp since Portillo and Slukynsky each had great seasons, above expectations, honestly. Yannetti talks about hypothetical paths for George and Slukynsky from 15:30 to the end of video. Interesting.

Makes me a little miffed to as to why they had a 10 year lackadaisical period once Quick was #1,
at EVER getting a top tier talent goalie in a draft and were taking longshot ones. They should have
really made a top 3 round goalie selection, somewhere in those 10 lean years...they seemed to be ok with finding a Martin Jones or a recycle Campbell type of future replacement,

Good video!

Agreed it’s an interesting listen. I think it’s simply about having a quality pipeline. At some point you maybe can then deal one from a position of strength, it’s never a bad thing. The goaltending has suddenly become a fairly exciting area of depth, which will be fun to watch develop.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Good to see the goalie pipeline being restocked it was always exciting to see who was going to be backing up Quick with Bernier-Jones-Zatkoff all waiting down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00