Biggest diver on your NHL team?

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Kadri. He draws a lot of calls with some embellishment, but at least it's always actual contact. I guess.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
For the Kings, Brown stopped embellishing over a year ago. Maybe Quick now and then. That's about it.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
According to the NHL and their new embellishment campaign, every player on Montreal is their biggest diver. Players speared in the groin and falling down is a dive now, so it's really hard to say who would be the biggest diver.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
For the Habs it's Prust... I'd even say he's the only "serial diver" the Habs have.

As for the other suspects... Gallagher gets pulverized constantly, but I don't see him diving... he's just a little guy who frequently goes where opposing teams think he's not supposed to go and gets slapped around correspondingly.

Subban is just "dramatic" all the time, about everything. He's animated and excitable and demonstrative... you can call it "embellishment", but he probably embellishes putting his socks on in the morning. It's not the same as "diving".

Markov I think has a low pain tolerance or a "quick flinch" tendency... well, or at least I used to see that, although not recently.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Not really embellishment, but I was fired up when Price went to the bench to "fix his skate" during the playoffs when his guys were tired.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Everybody on the Habs dive, I guess... :laugh: No really, some are bad, like Plekanec or Subban, but at least, they're not consistent divers.

And... Chara, but he doesn't know it:

New_Chara_Dive_Montreal583.gif

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Kesler used to be Vancouver's biggest and most flagrant diver, but he moved on to the Ducks, where I haven't seen much evidence of him resuming his old ways, so I dunno.

I haven't seen a Canuck do an obvious dive in a couple seasons, to be honest.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Perry just can't skate

Vatanen seems to embellish

And I don't think Gibson dives, he's just made of glass so goes down easily

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Dylan Larkin. It's the only thing I really criticize him about. Hopefully he'll take a big step forward this year else I'll have more criticism than just his embellishing antics.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
The only guy that really presently fits this on the Rangers is Lundqvist.

Now, I think he believes he deserves more "respect," and teams know they can get away with bumping him without getting calls, (and teammates are not going to drop the gloves to defend him), but he has preformed some amazing "Broadway-level" dives over the years.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The only guy that really presently fits this on the Rangers is Lundqvist.

Now, I think he believes he deserves more "respect," and teams know they can get away with bumping him without getting calls, (and teammates are not going to drop the gloves to defend him), but he has preformed some amazing "Broadway-level" dives over the years.

Ever since that goal was allowed in the 2014 finals with Dwight King laying on top of Lundqvist, he seems to embellish almost all contact now. In fairness all goalies do this. Refs are so inconsistent and bad at enforcing the rules without embellishment that the goalies exaggerate all contact to make sure they get the call. Which to me, I'm fine with goalies doing, as long as it's legitimate contact and they're just making it obvious so the ref calls it.

Look what happens when they goalie doesn't and trusts the ref to make the right call: Lundqvist in 2014 SCF, or more recently Talbot vs the Ducks in these playoffs. Goals scored while blatant interference occurred. The Talbot one being more egregious bc the refs upheld their ruling even after the Oilers challenged.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Ever since that goal was allowed in the 2014 finals with Dwight King laying on top of Lundqvist, he seems to embellish almost all contact now. In fairness all goalies do this. Refs are so inconsistent and bad at enforcing the rules without embellishment that the goalies exaggerate all contact to make sure they get the call. Which to me, I'm fine with goalies doing, as long as it's legitimate contact and they're just making it obvious so the ref calls it.

Look what happens when they goalie doesn't and trusts the ref to make the right call: Lundqvist in 2014 SCF, or more recently Talbot vs the Ducks in these playoffs. Goals scored while blatant interference occurred. The Talbot one being more egregious bc the refs upheld their ruling even after the Oilers challenged.

As a Ranger fan, I think he had earned the right to a point.

There have been a couple of terrible non calls involving Lundqvist over the years and I think as a consistently top 5 guy, he should have gotten some calls his way.

But it is what it is.

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA
I don't think I've seen Kesler embellish anything since he came to the Ducks. Perry still sometimes goes down easy, but Cogliano draws more tripping penalties than any Duck I've ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad