Value of: Best defenseman in return for Matthews

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I think that’s the smart ask from the Avs and I say that as an Avs fan and early Byram fan. I wouldn’t want to give up either of them but you have to consider it.
I know COL wouldn't wanna give those 2 up, and the value is prolly real close, but man... AM on the AVs roster.. wowzers

Reactions: flyfysher

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
You dont see a difference in the situations between Eichel and Matthews?

Fine, Seth Jones can be the example then. Teams do listen in on offers for franchise players.

This is a message board with fantasy trade proposals, probably some of the stupidest ones ever posted online...if people only want to discuss real trades then they should stay tf away from this forum lol

Literally the first word of this thread is "If"

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
1. Heiskanen
2 close 2nd Parayko

Rangers would have to offer multiple D [since Fox not available], would gut the team, so no.

IF deal were now would do
Miller + Strome + Hajek + Geo
+ 2022, 2023 + 2024 1sts unprotected

but could not deviate from that pick heavy offer with other prospects
Why would Toronto consider this?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs would only be $10M over the cap if they traded Byram and Newhook for Matthews.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why would Toronto consider this?

pls note:
1. my feedback here is courtesy to OP
2. responding thereto, identified Heiskanen + Parayko as most likely fits to OP

3 specifically said NO to Rangers

4 implied if you pushed it as to what NYR could do, best would be KAM + Strome [who is not a bad fit for TOR] and then 3 1sts as core of return

that is not a bad deal, totality of factors considered

that said, OP was seeking high end D for high end C and Miller + is best NY can/should offer

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
While a clear step below, Eichel got traded so I'm sure Matthews can be traded too. Idk why people make it seem like trades are unfathomable, calm down people lol.
Aliens could come tomorrow too but let's play on the common sense side. Toronto isn't trading trading the rocket winner . No team would especially at that age. This is a close to unfathomable as it comes.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
so those other players involved were just for show?
You can’t add $25m usd ($60m today) in cash into deals today, and regardless that’s a drop in the bucket for MLSE. Best you can do is eat salary back. Of course there were players involved. My point is the impetus of the deal was the cash infusion Peter puck needed to keep the boat a float a few more seasons eve though he had the most dominant team in the “city of champions”

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
You can’t add $25m usd ($60m today) in cash into deals today, and regardless that’s a drop in the bucket for MLSE. Best you can do is eat salary back. Of course there were players involved. My point is the impetus of the deal was the cash infusion Peter puck needed to keep the boat a float a few more seasons eve though he had the most dominant team in the “city of champions”
and my point remains.. anyone can get traded.. regardless of reason

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Aliens could come tomorrow too but let's play on the common sense side. Toronto isn't trading trading the rocket winner . No team would especially at that age. This is a close to unfathomable as it comes.
You came into the thread to add this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad