Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m not a Canucks fan , I hold no bias towards any players in the Canucks. From looking at it from the outside , my guess would be Miller coils be seen as a cancer. Just his body launguage and what he has said and how he comes across in interviews. Not really fair to judge him like this but it’s just my take.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Hour 1: Frank Seravalli reacts to Canucks' poor start (sportsnet.ca)

" do not think that a trade is not on the table, I was shocked to hear that today, does that mean Benning is safe?"
-Shah on the Peoples Show on Sportsnet 650

According to Sat Shah of Sportsnet 650, Benning has been working the phone a tonne and has a green light to make any trades. Shah also indicated that Benning has targeted that there might be a "cancer" in the locker room that is effecting the team chemistry. Benning is trying to save his job and thinks that the chemistry/cancer is the problem with the team and is vigorously trying to move the player.

In all honesty if there was a "cancer in the locker room " id say the most viable candidate is JT Miller. The young guys might not be reacting well to his "passionate" demeanor.

This is a joke of a franchise. Killed my interest and passion for the sport.

Unless there's new ownership, nothing will change.

Burnaby Schmo

Jan 23, 2021
Ducks seem like they're Cinderalla this year. Miller to the OC for Drysdale++ . I honestly still can't believe this rumor is true, though, and that Benning is given even more autonomy.

But honestly being a Canucks fan sometimes feelings like bathing in acid and then shaving off small layers of your eyeball a millimeter at a time. I've "toned down the negativity" here, as to not offend readers.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Interesting. But would need to be cap neutral.

If the Canucks are liquidating assets, max retention on Miller is in play.

I would offer the Canucks to take Ritchie back, but that would definitely need to be offset with an improved package.

Amirov + Niemela + Ritchie for Miller (@50%)

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
sure can you throw in Garth Snows cell number and Thomas Hickey

Garth's cell number is 1-800-Got-Coed . . .

R.524c7b832d8cf70f27092dcbff3b725e

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Ducks seem like they're Cinderalla this year. Miller to the OC for Drysdale++ . I honestly still can't believe this rumor is true, though, and that Benning is given even more autonomy.

But honestly being a Canucks fan sometimes feelings like bathing in acid and then shaving off small layers of your eyeball a millimeter at a time. I've "toned down the negativity" here, as to not offend readers.
Zero chance that is accurate. No chance you get Drysdale let along ++

Reactions: Jakey53

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
If the Canucks are liquidating assets, max retention on Miller is in play.

I would offer the Canucks to take Ritchie back, but that would definitely need to be offset with an improved package.

Amirov + Niemela + Ritchie for Miller (@50%)

Oof, I was thinking another prospect and Ritchie as well, but Niemela is wince inducing.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Well if the GM needs the green light to change up the players it sounds like the owner meddles too much

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
What would be Boeser's price? He would look good on the second line in Detroit, next to Suter and Zadina.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
The Leafs don't really have many other enticing prospects.

Robertson? Liljegren? Knies I guess?

Ritchie's starting slow, but I don't think that his contract is near that level of dump. I'd get creative and look to Arizona to make it cap neutral

Amirov + prospect/picj to Van

Dermott/Engvall + prospect/pick to Arizona

Miller @ 25% to Leafs

A man can dream right

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Ok Jimbo, what is your next move?

Attachments

• giphy (3) (31).gif
    giphy (3) (31).gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • giphy (3) (1).gif
    giphy (3) (1).gif
    2 MB · Views: 12

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015

We are not getting Drysdale unless Petey or Hughes are going back the other way

Ducks have a deep, deep prospect pool though. There should be alot of trade combinations for intriguing prospects

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019

How high are you? Drysdale, PLUS PLUS?!? Canucks fans are going to be very disappointed with what Miller will return. Especially if he’s going to be labeled as a locker room cancer

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA

hahahaha

Followed by Henrique for Pettersson

Burnaby Schmo

Jan 23, 2021
How high are you? Drysdale, PLUS PLUS?!? Canucks fans are going to be very disappointed with what Miller will return. Especially if he’s going to be labeled as a locker room cancer
I'm from BC, so pretty high.

Maybe the ++ wasn't reasonable.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
You could describe literally any draft pick this way, successful or otherwise. Any general manager's performance is relative, and other general managers with higher picks all chose to draft other players. All picks other than 1st overall "fall" exactly the same way.

Jim Benning is objectively one of the worst executives in hockey and has been discredited in nearly every aspect of his job performance. It's okay to rationally determine he occasionally did a few things properly, or wasn't terrible at every part of his job.

100% agreed with your first paragraph. In some people's view, almost EVERY draft success can be "explained away" by a team who picked earlier making a bad selection allowing that player to drop. Hughes might have been a slam dunk - but IMO you still need to give JB credit for the pick because there have a been a ton of GM's who pass on the slam dunk and screw the pooch.

Burnaby Schmo

Jan 23, 2021
Likely alone in this but if somehow Drysdale is available, I would put Pettersson on the table

I don't think you're alone. Providing there's any fire to this smoke, and someone wants out, maybe it's EP, and Drysdale is honestly a piece we'd really want to secure, even if the price were steeper than most would be willing to pay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad