Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
GMs will ask their players if they are ok with a guy perceived to be a locker room cancer and trade accordingly. If more than 1 team wants him, his value will not diminish. What I would look for in a trade is something like
Miller + Myers/Poolman(Myers has been great with OEL, so maybe Poolman) for upgrade on Poolman and a downgrade on Miller.

Hoglander-EP40-Boeser
Podk-Horvat-Garland
Dickinson-X-Pearson
Who cares

OEL-Myers
Hughes-X
Rathbone/Burroughs-Hamonic

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Just IMO - no way in hell Dim Jim surpasses Chia. You can at least point to some draft successes (Hughes, Boeser, EP, etc.), and the toxic contracts on the Canucks aren't as bad as what Chia left for on the Oilers.

I dissagree, Chiarelli drafting was actually pretty good. It was his trades/UFA siging that were terrible.

All 4 Chia's first rounders are good NHL players, two of the three second rounders look good(McLeod and Benson) the third being a goalie, and he had some late decent picks: Caleb Jones (4th round), Ethan Bear (5th round), John Marino (6th round), Stewart Skinner (3rd round), Samorukov (4th round).

No real bust in the first round, and good late picks.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I think mentioning that there is a cancer player in the Canucks organization, really means Benning you're safe, you're not going anywhere. Make any trade you want, we'll make up something to protect you.

The real cancers are Jim Benning and Travis Green. I would get rid of them first before I think about trading away any real assets in Miller, Pettersson, or Boeser.

This organization is bizzaro world, and it's been very depressing to cheer for the past 8 years.

chum

Feb 27, 2002
seriously i think jim is dum as a brick and dum people making desperation moves just spells disasters.

i feel there are more issues outside of the locker room than inside.

JoeMc

Sep 22, 2013
Benning did not say there is a cancer in the room.
Sat Shah is the cancer in this story.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Hmm maybe...but only if Lammoriello adds more spare parts.

Okay, we’ll add a few Genuine Parts stores and a Tire Kingdom in Brooklyn. That’s a deal you can’t look at Lou and resist. Remember the families are in NJ and NY, Lou has GM’ed in both too.

You’ve been notified.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'd imagine the player they describe as a "cancer" is less a bad team player and more a guy not buying the bullshit from management/coaching and unhappy with the team situation, in a very similar way to Nate Schmidt.

This is how management in any business situation will frame it. There's strength in numbers. Lone dissenters get dealt with one way or another.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
GMs will ask their players if they are ok with a guy perceived to be a locker room cancer and trade accordingly. If more than 1 team wants him, his value will not diminish. What I would look for in a trade is something like
Miller + Myers/Poolman(Myers has been great with OEL, so maybe Poolman) for upgrade on Poolman and a downgrade on Miller.

Hoglander-EP40-Boeser
Podk-Horvat-Garland
Dickinson-X-Pearson
Who cares

OEL-Myers
Hughes-X
Rathbone/Burroughs-Hamonic
If you're willing to downgrade Jt. Miller to improve other areas id focus on upgrading D
I'd do something like Zacha, Severson and Graves for Jt. Miller, Poolman and Rathbone.
Instantly way better on both RD and LD. Zacha is half the player Jt. Miller is but he is younger..so it helps solidify the core as he'll be around longer

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I would want Boeser and you should probably not sell low on him.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Lmao the drugs really are that much better in Vancouver I see

Robertson hasn't proven anything at the NHL level and hasn't even played half a season in the AHL.
Sandin is still a project and rough around the edges, by no means an established NHL player or at least a top 4 dman.
The 1st round pick will likely be a later round pick.

Miller is an over point-per-game, all situations player that can be slotted in any position at forward - at a $2.6 million cap hit for 2 more years.

I don't think you really see the value there so I don't know why you wanted Miller in the first place.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Miller @ 50% retained for Sandin, Robertson, 1st.

Lmao the drugs really are that much better in Vancouver I see

You know it might not be the world's greatest proposal, but I gotta say (while opening the biggest can if worms I can possibly open) Sandin and Robertson are not these mega elite prospects that I seem to get the idea Leafs fans think they are. They are both fine players sure, but the way they have been thrown around in this thread gives this impression that they are these infallible prospects, who couldn't possibly miss, and how dare you bring them up.

Now I get that they have more value to the Leafs because of your cap structure and everything, but honestly if it were up to me and a 1st, Sandin, and Robertson for @50% Miller were on the table, I definitely wouldn't be automatically making the move

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
You know it might not be the world's greatest proposal, but I gotta say (while opening the biggest can if worms I can possibly open) Sandin and Robertson are not these mega elite prospects that I seem to get the idea Leafs fans think they are. They are both fine players sure, but the way they have been thrown around in this thread gives this impression that they are these infallible prospects, who couldn't possibly miss, and how dare you bring them up.

Now I get that they have more value to the Leafs because of your cap structure and everything, but honestly if it were up to me and a 1st, Sandin, and Robertson for @50% Miller were on the table, I definitely wouldn't be automatically making the move

Thanks. If it helps clear things up, I would trade Miller straight up for a draft pick in the 10-15th overall range (mid 1st) - I think that's pretty reasonable. So assuming the Leafs' pick is around ~25th overall, I think Robertson and Sandin are only valuable enough to make up the 10-15 spots that the Leafs pick drops to (along with the benefit of 50% cap retention on Miller's contract).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad