Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Thanks. If it helps clear things up, I would trade Miller straight up for a draft pick in the 10-15th overall range (mid 1st) - I think that's pretty reasonable. So assuming the Leafs' pick is around ~25th overall, I think Robertson and Sandin are only valuable enough to make up the 10-15 spots that the Leafs pick drops to (along with the benefit of 50% cap retention on Miller's contract).

Honestly the only reason I say it's not the greatest is not value driven, it's just that I get the idea that the Leafs need guys filling in where they can on ELC's because they're paying their too 6 more money than God, so they're going to take that into consideration.

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
You can't trade Miller because how do you explain your leading goal scorer being traded.
You can't trade Hughes because he is playing well

I would love Hoglander in Buffalo, but I doubt he is the one
Pettersson I can't see
You're not going to trade your Captain
That's why I am saying Boeser or that Podskolzin kid.

This team has crazy bad energy around them right now.

Last edited:

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
St. Louis and Vancouver could make good trading partners. St.louis is struggling and now might be the time they decide to move Tarasenko with his value going up.

Last edited:

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I feel like St. Louis and Vancouver make good trading partners.

This makes sense for a player like Miller. He fits with the core of the group in St louis age wise and for a postional need. The only problem is St louis doesnt have the type of prospects we would want in return.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I think Florida, Carolina, Minnesota woud make the most sense for Someone like Miller. He fits in their competitive window and all 3 of those teams have young NHL assets or more advanced prospects that fit our needs

For someone like Boeser/Petey I think teams like NJD, NYR, NYI (ironically all 3 NY teams) would be interested in those two. They fit more into the age group of the core of those teams while still have quite a few years until there are UFAs. Those teams also have assets that would be appealing to the Canucks

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
its funny that a GM needs a meeting with the owner and the green light from an owner to make a trade(s) to fix the chemistry...

that is the GM's job for christ sake LOL...Benning should tell Fransico to f*** off and take his GMjob and shove it up his brothers ass...

Reactions: Suntouchable13

likash

Apr 17, 2019
its funny that a GM needs a meeting with the owner and the green light from an owner to make a trade(s) to fix the chemistry...

that is the GM's job for christ sake LOL...Benning should tell Fransico to f*** off and take his GMjob and shove it up his brothers ass...
He is an yes man. Why do you think he lasted this much. He was begging for an exntension in 2018 saying his daughter is stressed because his future is uncertain. Jim Benning is the biggest overachiever in life. He has the intellect of an 10 year old and he makes millions of dollars per year. Think about that for a second. He also stabbed Linden in the back when he clashed with Aqua over the rebuild.

Last edited:
Reactions: mriswith

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He is an yes man. Why do you think he lasted this much. He was begging for an exntension in 2018 saying his daughter is stressed because his future is uncertain. Jim Benning is the biggest overachiever in life. He has the intellect of an 10 year old and he makes millions of dollars per year. Think about that for a second. He also stabbed Linden in the back when he clashed with Aqua over the rebuild.

ah the old "yes man" philosophy...LOL what a sad human being you need to be to be a YES man...unbelievable

every single job interview I have had in my 50 years of existence and there have been many, one of the first things that I state in the interview is this: "If your looking for a yes person then lets end this now and not waste any of our time, I am not a yes person, if my manager asks me to do something and it may not make sense to me I will question it and have discussions about why..., if after that the manager still wants me to do the task, no problem, I will do that even if I am still not certain that it is in the best interest of the organization or client"

the clowns that are asked to JUMP and they say HOW HIGH are complete idiots and should really cower in the place they call home and keep hiding under rocks.

have a few of these clowns at my work location, I have no idea how they sleep at night...morally and ethically I can't do it...

likash

Apr 17, 2019
ah the old "yes man" philosophy...LOL what a sad human being you need to be to be a YES man...unbelievable

every single job interview I have had in my 50 years of existence, one of the first things that I state in the interview is this: "If your looking for a yes person then lets end this now and not waste any of our time, I am not a yes person, if my manager asks me to do something and it may not make sense to me I will question it and have discussions about why..., if after that the manager still wants me to do the task, no problem, I will do that even if I am still not certain that it is in the best interest of the organization or client"

the clowns that are asked to JUMP and they say HOW HIGH are complete idiots and should really cower in the place they call home and keep hiding under rocks
What is this about man? Are you related to Jim Benning? You are quite triggered. Why do you care this much for him?
You should mind your own team.It's not like you don't have bigger problems. You have no ideea what we have been trough in the last 8 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlushMinus

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
What is this about man? Are you related to Jim Benning? You are quite triggered. Why do you care for this much for him?
You should mind your own team.It's not like you don't have bigger problems. You have no ideea what we have been trough in the last 8 years.

not related to benning, don't know him don't care about him...

just a comment about being a YES man...

that is all

yes the hawks are going through some challenges, I get that however I do live in Vancouver and my wife and sons team is the canucks so I do pay attention...

bottom line is

YES man = sell out that has no morals and ethics...

have a mind of your own instead of being a YES man...

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
3l4jun.png

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Canucks roster is what it is because of Benning. Greens record is one of the worst in franchise history. How are these two not the problem?
Trust me their not the problem....Benning has brought in a competitive roster and Green has been coaching to the best of his abilities with the players he has been giving but it takes time for those new players to all get on the same page plus Pettersson and Hughes didn’t have a training camp so they came in on a cold start as well.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Trust me their not the problem....Benning has brought in a competitive roster and Green has been coaching to the best of his abilities with the players he has been giving but it takes time for those new players to all get on the same page plus Pettersson and Hughes didn’t have a training camp so they came in on a cold start as well.
Agree to disagree then. Not once did I think this is a competitive roster. Canucks have by far the most overpaid defense in the league (check out the cap hits for the Canucks vs other teams). Look at performance metrics vs dollars paid out. It starts with the defense which is bad. When more than half your defense should only be relegated to bottom pairing roles (Myers, Hamonic, Burroughs and Poolman) something is definitely wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad