Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
There’s basically no way you can get fair value for a guy like JT Miller.
Rumours that he’s Bad in the room, but nobody actually knows shit.
Guy is a PPG Forward, Looks like one of the only players on the ice that actually cares, even when he has bad games.

Not to mention he’s big, strong, versatile centre and wing, and makes $5 million on a ridiculous contract.

I can’t even imagine how stupid it would be to trade him, especially before guys like Boeser, Pearson, and more.

Reactions: nihlify and Jmo89

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Weren’t Canucks fans lauding all the moves this summer and bragging that the Canucks would be the most improved team in the league this year?

I think we all thought our top 9 would be better but whoever said most improved team didn't comprehend how bad our blue line was and is.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
For f*** sake, it's hilarious that the fire benning death cult can't calmly do their victory lap as it becomes clear that changes are needed.

They need to lie and create falsehoods and then anyone who corrects the falsehood is a 'lul bannign bro'.

Saying he wanted Glass instead of Pettersson is complete conjecture based on nothing but hatred for Benning.

He has made some great picks. That is fact.

It is time for him to go, but hate him for what he is, don't make shit up.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Both Benning and Weisbrog wanted Cody Glass while Judd Brackett kept insisting they pick Petterrsson. It was Linden who ultimately made the final decision to draft Pettersson.

Wrong everywhere. Incorrectomundo. Lies.

Gradin+Delorme pushed for Pettersson and Benning listened to his scouts (like any other GM). Been well documented so stop spreading some alternate universe to support what I am guessing an agenda on your end.

You don't need an agenda. We all know changes need to come.

Reactions: AHLdepth

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Could Pettersson be the cancer. I can't imagine his teammates are impressed with his play. JT Miller on the other hand has been our best forward.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Jim benning and Kyle dubas are perfect examples of people in the wrong position. Neither are general manager material. They both should be scouts/head scout for an nhl team, not running billion dollar enterprises….

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Well that cancer gifted jets a top-4 D-man for nothing more or less. Canucks would be fine if the send Green and Benning to the sun and Bruce B comes in and coaches, dont need a GM, they would be better off with just a scout who use all their picks and noone signs stupid UFA-contracts.

Reactions: jd22

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Jim benning and Kyle dubas are perfect examples of people in the wrong position. Neither are general manager material. They both should be scouts/head scout for an nhl team, not running billion dollar enterprises….
One has a brain while the other does not . I'll let you find out wich is wich.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Well that cancer gifted jets a top-4 D-man for nothing more or less. Canucks would be fine if the send Green and Benning to the sun and Bruce B comes in and coaches, dont need a GM, they would be better off with just a scout who use all their picks and noone signs stupid UFA-contracts.

Quoted for actual f***ing truth.

A user on the Canucks board posted a model roster of what the Canucks would look like with no FA signings and no trades but simply drafting the best player available.

It was far superior to that current iteration of the Canucks at the time. I can't imagine much has changed.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
Could Pettersson be the cancer. I can't imagine his teammates are impressed with his play. JT Miller on the other hand has been our best forward.

Not meeting expectations doesn't make someone cancer, and if his teammates are reacting poorly because he's not meeting expectations THEY are the cancer.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
To get something good, you have to give something good. About 90% of the time.
Elias Pettersson - C AAV $7,350,000 RFA 2024.

TRADE

Vancouver Canucks
Braden Schneider - RD ELC
Filip Chytil - C, LW AAV $2,300,000 RFA 2023
Nils Lundkvist - RD ELC or (Vitali Kravtsov – RW ELC + 2022 1st)

New York Rangers
Elias Pettersson - C AAV $5,000,000 (@$2,350,000 ret) RFA 2024.

This is a deal template (80%). There is some risk for both teams.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Quoted for actual f***ing truth.

A user on the Canucks board posted a model roster of what the Canucks would look like with no FA signings and no trades but simply drafting the best player available.

It was far superior to that current iteration of the Canucks at the time. I can't imagine much has changed.

Curious to see what that would look like

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
If JT Miller is the guy Benning is looking to move, Fitz and the Devils should be all over that. He would be a great veteran to add to a cast of young up and coming kids we have on our roster.

I don't know what Vancouver would be looking for in return but NJ has several interesting pieces they could move to make it happen. He would be a great option alonside Jack Hughes and would give us 3 very solid lines.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Wrong everywhere. Incorrectomundo. Lies.

Gradin+Delorme pushed for Pettersson and Benning listened to his scouts (like any other GM). Been well documented so stop spreading some alternate universe to support what I am guessing an agenda on your end.

You don't need an agenda. We all know changes need to come.

Care to provide such documentation because Benning wanting Glass has also been publicized. What I found didn't happen to mention Gradin. Hence his omittion. Brackett, however, was pushing for Pettersson.

Even if I'm mistaken, why jump to nonsense and accuse me of having an agenda for... what exactly? Benning being incompetent is pretty much on display, and has been for several years.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Guy is a PPG Forward, Looks like one of the only players on the ice that actually cares, even when he has bad games.

Not to mention he’s big, strong, versatile centre and wing, and makes $5 million on a ridiculous contract.

I can’t even imagine how stupid it would be to trade him, especially before guys like Boeser, Pearson, and more.
Not sure I agree. I think Miller has outstanding value and is the extract player a playoff team would want.
Package starts with a 1st rounder imo

Brownies

I don't know for the other leagues, but in the NHL you are right that once a guy has a bad reputation for whatever reasons it's really hard to get rid of it. Guys like David Perron and Tomas Vanek had to sign a few cheaps 1 year deal for the same reason and yeah I would not trade Miller for a 3rd and a bag of pucks.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Wake up man...

Every team in the league would be interested in Boeser. He’s not the guy the Nucks want or need to move though.

Ok, thanks. Maybe simmer down though you're coming across really aggressive for no reason at all

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
For f*** sake, it's hilarious that the fire benning death cult can't calmly do their victory lap as it becomes clear that changes are needed.

They need to lie and create falsehoods and then anyone who corrects the falsehood is a 'lul bannign bro'.

Saying he wanted Glass instead of Pettersson is complete conjecture based on nothing but hatred for Benning.

He has made some great picks. That is fact.

It is time for him to go, but hate him for what he is, don't make shit up.

He also made some brutal picks and traded away picks like candy while not being a playoff team.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Benning trying to work a phone
benningsurprise1.jpg

4hjKkVVDgV24PVJfA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad